Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Aryjna

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Aryjna » Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm

Does anyone who watched the broadcasts with Elio know if the explanations for all these rushen are included in Stairway to Liberation? He mentioned it several times, but I didn't understand if all the explanations are in there or just some comments on them.

Also, is a separate lung required for the Stairway? A commentary on the ngondro is the only related book that I see on shangshung, and it does not include the original text.

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 am

Aryjna wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Does anyone who watched the broadcasts with Elio know if the explanations for all these rushen are included in Stairway to Liberation? He mentioned it several times, but I didn't understand if all the explanations are in there or just some comments on them.

Also, is a separate lung required for the Stairway? A commentary on the ngondro is the only related book that I see on shangshung, and it does not include the original text.
I don’t have the stairway to liberation, but the description of it says that it contains the explanations of the rushen.

Precious Vase also contains descriptions of Rushen as does “Teachings on lojongs, rushens and semdzins”

heart

Post by heart » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 am

climb-up wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 am
Aryjna wrote:

I don’t have the stairway to liberation, but the description of it says that it contains the explanations of the rushen.
I have it, it contains the seven mind trainings, rushan and a guru yoga.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:22 pm

climb-up wrote:
Aryjna wrote:

Precious Vase also contains descriptions of Rushen as does “Teachings on lojongs, rushens and semdzins”
The ones explained in the last webcast are not in The Precious Vase or the semidzin and rushen book, unless I missed them but I doubt it.

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:22 pm
climb-up wrote:
Aryjna wrote:

The ones explained in the last webcast are not in The Precious Vase or the semidzin and rushen book, unless I missed them but I doubt it.
I didn't watch the webcast, but I guess if they're not from the 7 used in the SMS་ Base, they'd be from the 21 semdzins book.

Pero

Post by Pero » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:22 pm
climb-up wrote:
Aryjna wrote:

Perhaps they were from Longsal since Rinpoche wrote a commentary on it, in particular the voice which is what the webcast was about according to the title.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Tata1

Post by Tata1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Aryjna wrote:

They are from the dra thal gyur tantra and comentary and he was taking explanations from stairway to liberation and yeshe lama (jigme lingpa)

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:58 pm

dharmafootsteps wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm
I didn't watch the webcast, but I guess if they're not from the 7 used in the SMS་ Base, they'd be from the 21 semdzins book.
They didn't seem to be in there, but it was unlikely anyway as they are all rushen.
Pero wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:37 pm
Perhaps they were from Longsal since Rinpoche wrote a commentary on it, in particular the voice which is what the webcast was about according to the title.
Tata1 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 pm
They are from the dra thal gyur tantra and comentary and he was taking explanations from stairway to liberation and yeshe lama (jigme lingpa)
Thanks, that sounds to fit with what he was saying. The 'Crucial Preliminaries' book also includes explanations to additional rushen, according to its description. Perhaps there are new versions of parts of the Stairway commentary in there.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 am

Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:58 pm
dharmafootsteps wrote:
They didn't seem to be in there, but it was unlikely anyway as they are all rushen.
https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 08783.html

Excellent book, best text I ever read on the outer rushans. Probably what Elio was talking about.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:41 am

heart wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 am
Aryjna wrote:
dharmafootsteps wrote:
https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 08783.html

Excellent book, best text I ever read on the outer rushans. Probably what Elio was talking about.

/magnus
I've read parts of it before, but I've been waiting in case it becomes available as an ebook. Maybe it won't be anytime soon though.

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:38 am

Aryjna wrote:
dharmafootsteps wrote:
Ah, oops. Lack of presence on my part. I had it in my head that we were talking about semdzin.

Tata1

Post by Tata1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Has anyone read the book "the crucial preliminaries of the path of ati"? https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 03290.html

Is the instructions on the 7 semdzin more extensive there? Is it worth it? Im buying some materials but this is quite expansive

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Tata1 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Has anyone read the book "the crucial preliminaries of the path of ati"? https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 03290.html

Is the instructions on the 7 semdzin more extensive there? Is it worth it? Im buying some materials but this is quite expansive
It is certainly worth buying if you have received the transmission of this particular Longsal teaching.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

heart

Post by heart » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Tata1 wrote:

It is a fantastic book, I love it. Pretty important I would say.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Pero

Post by Pero » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Tata1 wrote:

If you're thinking of getting it solely due to the 7 semdzin, no. I think the instructions are the same as in the Precious Vase etc.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Tata1

Post by Tata1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Tata1 wrote:

It is certainly worth buying if you have received the transmission of this particular Longsal teaching.
I havent. It was the semdzin that got me tempted. So i guess not

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:53 pm

Tata1 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Norwegian wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Tata1 wrote:

I havent. It was the semdzin that got me tempted. So i guess not
If you are interested in the semdzin practice, which you can do if you received direct introduction from ChNN, then you should check out either the Lojong, Semdzin, and Rushen booklet, or the 21 Semdzins booklet. Both are excellent, and will have exactly what you want and need.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

PSM

Post by PSM » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Keith Dowman's book on semdzins is good and has some comments by Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche mixed into the commentary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dzogchen-Semdz ... 709208392/

florin

Post by florin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:19 pm

For those who are interested the entire Dorje Sempa Namkha Che retreat is available now on the Dzogchen webcast site.

LhakpaT

Post by LhakpaT » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Does The Invocation of Samantabhadra practice require a specific lung or transmission?

Return to “Dzogchen”