Dzogchen Longde Tantras

heart

Re: Dzogchen Longde Tantras

Post by heart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Just come to think about this and I remembered that Tsadra is translating the complete Dam Ngak Dzö : http://dnz.tsadra.org/index.php/Main_Page
Volume One of the Nyingma section will contain a number of Dzogchen Longde texts. A very interesting project, Volume 14 on Chö is already available.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

nice!! thanks for posting that
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 am

Malcolm wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:Magnus,
that is problematic but as far as I know these are the only translations of these two Tantras in English...
In general, you won't find anything very special in the so called "klong sde" tantras since their view and so on is virtually identical with so called "sems sde."

The unique stuff is in the various instructions which take these tantras as their basis.
I dont suppose any of this "unique stuff" has been translated has it?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu May 25, 2017 1:05 am

Fa Dao wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:Magnus,
that is problematic but as far as I know these are the only translations of these two Tantras in English...
In general, you won't find anything very special in the so called "klong sde" tantras since their view and so on is virtually identical with so called "sems sde."

The unique stuff is in the various instructions which take these tantras as their basis.
working on it.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Thu May 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

working on it.
you rock!!! any kind of tentative timeframe?

Return to “Dzogchen”