ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

padma norbu

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by padma norbu »

Which files were people talking about on this thread here?
http://www.tbrc.org/#library_BannerSear ... orje+drolo"" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ I searched Dorje Drolo, but there's quite a few files. Apparently one of them is one we should grab?
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Josef

Post by Josef »

padma norbu wrote:Which files were people talking about on this thread here?
http://www.tbrc.org/#library_BannerSear ... orje+drolo"" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ I searched Dorje Drolo, but there's quite a few files. Apparently one of them is one we should grab?
There is a collection of Dorje Drolo works by in Adzom Drukpa's collected works.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

So, to recap, he basically just said we can do a short tun but use Dorje Drolo rather than Guru Dragpur, right? That is basically the practice? But, of course, the risk is I might become mentally unstable, right? I didn't hear him mention any warnings about that, though.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

padma norbu wrote:So, to recap, he basically just said we can do a short tun but use Dorje Drolo rather than Guru Dragpur, right? That is basically the practice?
Precisely.
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Regarding the root mantra and action mantra, is the recitation ratio about the same? For example, if one does 100 recitations of the root mantra, would one do 10 recitations of the action mantra?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Pero

Post by Pero »

Mr. G wrote:Regarding the root mantra and action mantra, is the recitation ratio about the same? For example, if one does 100 recitations of the root mantra, would one do 10 recitations of the action mantra?
No, he said you do it 3 times at most.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
florin

Post by florin »

To me it seems that the daily practice is the one explained yesterday witch is pretty much similar to Guru Tragphur.

So i think that the visualizations done today are only done for the purpose of receiving the initiation and we dont do them during daily practice..
Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

Mr. G wrote:Regarding the root mantra and action mantra, is the recitation ratio about the same? For example, if one does 100 recitations of the root mantra, would one do 10 recitations of the action mantra?
As far as I remember, Rinpoche said that it should be recited 3 times just like in the case of Simhamukha.
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Pero wrote:
No, he said you do it 3 times at most.
Kilaya. wrote:
As far as I remember, Rinpoche said that it should be recited 3 times just like in the case of Simhamukha.

:thumbsup:
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I have this like "clear" feeling in my head like when I was doing semdzins regularly. Is this rigpa? or more like the after-effects of rigpa?
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi

Does anyone have time to PM me the instructions for the concise practice/visualisation for the mantra recitation that Rinpoche explained yesterday, so I can be sure I've got it right?

Thanks
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

So, what about the warnings from people earlier? Did Namkhai Norbu even suggest the possibility that I might go nuts if I do this practice today? I didn't hear him say anything about such risks at all.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

MrDistracted wrote:Hi

Does anyone have time to PM me the instructions for the concise practice/visualisation for the mantra recitation that Rinpoche explained yesterday, so I can be sure I've got it right?

Thanks
Basically the same as the short tun, but replace Guru Tragphur/Simhamukha along with their mantras with Dorje Drolo and his mantras.

I'd also like to know the answer to that question padma norbu, but the retreat isn't over yet and there must be a reason Rinpoche decided to make the webcast open at the last minute. Pretty fortuitous for me since I got my webcast login revoked.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

• How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Sherlock wrote: I'd also like to know the answer to that question padma norbu, but the retreat isn't over yet and there must be a reason Rinpoche decided to make the webcast open at the last minute. Pretty fortuitous for me since I got my webcast login revoked.
Didn't pay your membership fee for 2012?

the retreat is over to me because I go back to work on Monday. I can listen to the replays, but not possible to fidget with a bad connection while trying to look like I'm working. :) Too bad the mobile version isn't stable; I could totally get away with that.
Pero

Post by Pero »

I haven't payed my membership fee for 2012 yet but can still use my login. But I think Merigar East is usually kind of late on collecting fees (I think I payed about this time last year too), haven't received any emails about this year so far. Or maybe they are using Tibetan years haha.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Nangwa wrote:

There is a collection of Dorje Drolo works by in Adzom Drukpa's collected works.
They are here:
http://tbrc.org/#library_work_Object-W30344
584 pages. previously, Namdrol said a short sadhana was on pages 133-135.

Near the end of the webcaste, ChNNR said that you can do the mantras as part of the short tun, or if you prefer rituals you could get a book like this. I assume he showed a book but I was on audio so I couldn't see. Could anyone see what that book was? He also suggested that doing a longer Drolo sadhana was more useful if one faced illness or provocations from spirits.

Personally, I prefer longer sadhanas and will probably stick with the longer Tersar sadhana I have. Dudjom Rinpoche also composed a number of other short sadhanas which make the essence of the practice explicit.
Pero

Post by Pero »

michaelb wrote:
Nangwa wrote:

They are here:
http://tbrc.org/#library_work_Object-W30344
584 pages. previously, Namdrol said a short sadhana was on pages 133-135.

Near the end of the webcaste, ChNNR said that you can do the mantras as part of the short tun, or if you prefer rituals you could get a book like this. I assume he showed a book but I was on audio so I couldn't see. Could anyone see what that book was? He also suggested that doing a longer Drolo sadhana was more useful if one faced illness or provocations from spirits.
I didn't see but assume that he was talking about Adzom Drugpa's terma.
- Shabkar
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Does anyone happen to know which, if any, Dorje Drollo empowerments are in the Rinchen Terdzod?

Thanks
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I think one of them is a terma discovered by the Fifth Dalai Lama and another by Dudul Dorje. And I'm guessing it may include a Jangter Drolo.
Last edited by michaelb on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”