Which Of The 17 Dzogchen Tantras Have Been Published?

Natan

Re: Which Of The 17 Dzogchen Tantras Have Been Published?

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:55 pm
Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:44 pm

This list is slightly wrong. The Ekajati tantra (misdescribrd above as yogini) is not part of the 17. So the ontroduction tantra is missing from this list.
Not the Mirror Heart of Vajrasattva?

rDo rje sems dpa’ snying gi me long gi rgyud ces bya ba

I read 21 intros there. Those are nice and clear. So, then let’s say there’s this sort of short cut of the 21 Yangti dharma here. very cool deal.
The tantra I am referrring to is called ngo sprod rin po che spras pa shing khams bstan pa’i rgyud in Tibetan, and The Tantra Which Shows the Buddhafield of Preciously Adorned Introductions. It is the basis for all the intimate instructions of the 21 introduction which are found in most extensive terma cycles belonging to Dzogchen Nyinthig.

I am not sure if Wilkinson translated it yet, but it will be forthcoming in my volume of those of the 17 tantras which lack commentaries (so eight tantras, as the Self-Originated Perfection Tantra is mainly devoted to ancillary rituals and empowerment, and I have already published the rang shar and the rang grol).
Wilkinsen has it. Secret Kissing....
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Natan

Post by Natan »

This Ekajati tantra. Is ChNN’s invocation matchy with this?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm This Ekajati tantra. Is ChNN’s invocation matchy with this?
ChNN's invocation is his own terma. The khros ma nag mo rgyud should never be translated and made public.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:28 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm This Ekajati tantra. Is ChNN’s invocation matchy with this?
ChNN's invocation is his own terma. The khros ma nag mo rgyud should never be translated and made public.
Not even translated?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm
Not even translated?
...made public. It does not have any Dzogchen in it, it is completely apotropaic in content.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Not even translated?
...made public. It does not have any Dzogchen in it, it is completely apotropaic in content.
Thanks for using a word I had to look up.
Natan

Post by Natan »

I’m thinking apotropeia of Ekajati isn’t just there for window dressing.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:21 pm I’m thinking apotropeia of Ekajati isn’t just there for window dressing.
No, it is isn't.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:21 pm I’m thinking apotropeia of Ekajati isn’t just there for window dressing.
No, it is isn't.
So then, someone who would practice these instructions would needs some protection spells from this. What to do?
OSBL_buddismru

Post by OSBL_buddismru »

Dear Dharma friend

In Open Source Buddhism Library project
we have opportunity to translate large Dzogchen and Tantra texts.
For now we have in development grammar and dictionary analysis algorithms, more than 10 years of dictionary and tibetan grammar study and development results.
This work is approved by Head Masters of few lineage of Tibetan and Theravada buddhism.

We will be happy to share translation examples and decide together with you which texts is more important for publishing.

At present we have inline translation for 17 Tantras of Dzogchen, 2 volumes of Longchenpa 7 Treasures, 6 volumes of Tibetan Tripitaka,
1 volume of Lodro Thae very essence commentary on Buddhagyhya (Teacher of Vimilamitra) Samantabhadra extended sadhana, works of Vimilamitra and Longchenpa. On base of inline translation we are able prepare literary edition of text for publishing.

We will be happy to answer on any questions.

Together we are able to make public available and understandable for Western Dharma students
the immeasurable treasures of sacred Wisdom and Method.

Sarva Mangalam!
Open Source Buddhism Library

Stroganov Alexander
Last edited by Ayu on Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted links until open questions are answered.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

OSBL_buddismru wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:35 am Dear Dharma friend

In Open Source Buddhism Library project
we have opportunity to translate large Dzogchen and Tantra texts.
Sarva Mangalam!
Open Source Buddhism Library

Stroganov Alexander
I see a list on this site of Lamas who were in favor of an open source Buddhist library. Are/where they aware of what was being uploaded?

I see that ChNN is listed, but did he want restricted texts (that are copyrighted and sold to benefit the DC) uploaded?
I also see some of Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche's books, some of which are restricted, all of which are copyrighted and for sale, and I don't see his name on the list of teachers supporting the project at all.
Do Wisdom Publications, Rangjung Yeshe and Shang Shung Edizioni all endorse this project?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa

Return to “Dzogchen”