Lhundrub

dakini_boi

Lhundrub

Post by dakini_boi »

Malcolm wrote:
lhun grub is not a phenomena, and has nothing to with with phenomena. Phenomena are a result of ignorance that does not recognize the basis. Lhun grub is one of the three wisdoms inherent to the basis, the visible side. Ka dag is the emptiness aspect of the basis, the non-visible side. Energy/compassion is the inseperability of those two.
This is an interesting statement. I feel that if you can expand upon this, it will clear up a confusion I have.

If lhundrub is not phenomena, how is it different from kadag?

If lhundrub refers to something "visible," how can that not be phenomena? (I would think phenomena implies perceivability)

Can you define "phenomena?"
weitsicht

Re: Lhundrub

Post by weitsicht »

I wasn't addressed (neither in time nor in person) yet
let me refer to this quote, recommended for further reading
Since they cannot be separated,
kadag is the emptiness aspect of lhundrup;
and lhundrup is the form aspect of kadag.
https://vividness.live/2015/11/27/empti ... en-ethics/
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

weitsicht wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:55 pm I wasn't addressed (neither in time nor in person) yet
let me refer to this quote, recommended for further reading
Since they cannot be separated,
kadag is the emptiness aspect of lhundrup;
and lhundrup is the form aspect of kadag.
https://vividness.live/2015/11/27/empti ... en-ethics/
Lot of misconceptions in thus article, especially about Dzogchen.
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:23 pm ...
Lot of misconceptions in thus article, especially about Dzogchen.
Yep. I took a look. Got a tad uneasy when I saw one of his header themes is "Reinventing Buddhist Tantra". Personally I'd go for trying to understand it first, possibly even being so rash as to attempt to practise some of it. Then, when I had the signs of a high level of siddhi, I just might get to the stage of a bit of innovation. (Yes, sarcasm - OK?)

Shortly into that article we have:
The textbook definition begins: “A yidam is a species of Buddhist god.” A page or two later, you read: “Not all yidams are gods; some are flesh-and-blood humans from history.”
... an idea which he then proceeds to dismantle.

But wait! What textbook is that then? It's not one that Google has seen, which is suggestive, if not conclusive proof, of the possibility that it's a paper tiger.

I didn't get much further.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Ramblings: lunidharma.blogspot.com
PaldenDorje

Post by PaldenDorje »

Hey, interesting discussion!
As far as I understand Lhundrub is the spontaneity dynamic of wholeness, suchness, kunzang yab-yum. Phenomena are empty to begin with which is described by Tongpa the emptying aspect of wholeness. "Thus, Sariputra, form is emptiness and emptiness is form [...] ", as said by the Heart Sutra. And still you see your hand as your hand. But this is only Salwa and Rigpas play and the ground or the source cannot be found. Like a house of cards the deluded reality is build on the axioms of your self identification , which is basicly only a little nothing in a infinity of nothing .. but nothing is quite something. If you look around you can't miss it. Just nothing with self-existence. What is left without the " I " I don't know , I'm just a bigginner pracitioner. But certainly everything which could be said about it is a lie. ( efficacious lies, as my Guru puts it :lol: ) Neti Neti.
Love from Germany!

Return to “Dzogchen”