The Future of Dzogchen Teachings

rai

Re: The Future of Dzogchen Teachings

Post by rai »

my bet would be that rather Islam will be most dominant on the globe sooner or later.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Sherlock wrote:ChNN continuously says Guruyoga of the White A is the best Phowa and will bring liberation in the bardo of dharmata.

Tashi delek,

Heard that normal Phowa connected with Yidam / Tantra would result in the related to be born Buddhafield.
Dissolving of the elements is mostly the additional practice. That is the wellknown Tibetan version known in all Traditions.

Maybe there are more possibilities (liberations) like Trekchod?

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

rai wrote:my bet would be that rather Islam will be most dominant on the globe sooner or later.
Tashi delek,

If they all or some of them, would become Dzogchenpas then there is no problem at all. :jumping:

Mutsog Marro
KY
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

ChNN continuously says Guruyoga of the White A is the best Phowa and will bring liberation in the bardo of dharmata.
absolutely. It is rotally correct from the point of view of dzogchen. But you have honestly check out what is your real level of practice and understand if it is apply to you or not.
Looking at Powa practice - including the white A practice - as a guarantee for liberation in whatever Bardo it is a little bit naive. The minimum level of realization required to obtain liberation in the Bardo of dharmata as I mention is a very very stable Trek chod, accoridng to Dzog chen teachings.
Dilgo kienze rimpoche stayed in retreat practicing dzog chen for about 20 yrs before starting teaching. If such a practitioner with a stable trekchod at the moment of dying practice White A guruyoga for sure it will get liberation during the Bardo of Dharmata, as CNNR correctly states
If you reach a stable trek chod during your life when you die you can apply the white A method and you will get the result of your practice.
IN case not you will be still in the samsara.
Unfortunately even if CNNR is always correct when he teachs dozg chen, students do not always consider the real implication of his words, and their final reduction is quite funny as if you stated that to get a math degree in your university is enough to have a good understanding of The Four Basic Maths Operations.
Otherwise, why a guy as Dilgo Kienze stayed in retreat 20 yers practising trek chod and togal ? Just to spend his time or because he was shy and he had problems in socializing and hanging out with other people?
Last edited by dorje e gabbana on Sun May 27, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

my bet would be that rather Islam will be most dominant on the globe sooner or later.
It is very likely to be.
They erased Buddhism from India, and the conversion in western countries is always increasing
Islam is the perfect religion for Pashu.......
kalden yungdrung

dorje e gabbana wrote:
It is very likely to be.
They erased Buddhism from India, and the conversion in western countries is always increasing

Tashi delek,

Soefism from Conja / Turkey forms the most expception within the Muslim world. They are not accepted in the Muslim world.
Inyat Khan is here very famous and he is very talented. Is he a Soefie?
They try to realize by themselves that God consciousness.
I guess they practice esoterism.

Mutsog Marro
KY
davyji

Post by davyji »

Malcolm wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: What is left here that is utopia which resembles Dzogchen new age a la 2012. :shock:
What is left here is my conviction that Dzogchen will leave behind its traditional trappings and spread to all human beings on this planet. If you consider this utopian, fine. I consider this inevitable.

M
I have done extensive camping,hiking & backpacking in this area, particularly southeast Utah.
Excellent areas for retreats! Open and clear!
love light space
dave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Pueblo_Peoples" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crestone,_Colorado" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Staircase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Colorado" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.chammaling.org/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
It is very likely to be.
there is a western science on it. Evolutionists investigated the main points:
-first was no formal religion, since people focus on survive only, like escaping from predators
-second, politeizm, where many gods are for many things to feel safe,
-third, henoteism, many gods but one of them is dominant, because more social improvements, politics...
-forth, monotheism, the only one god, from more "improvements", globalization, one god is needed, science
-fifth, monism, where no longer any need for god, because the science is going to be the most important.

So the future can be otherwise.
What do you think dzogchen is the first, since is the no religion, or fifth, since is the science of mind? Where is Buddhism?
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Mariusz wrote:there is a western science on it. Evolutionists investigated the main points:
-first was no formal religion, since people focus on survive only, like escaping from predators
-third, henoteism, many gods but one of them is dominant, because more social improvements, politics...
-forth, monotheism, the only one god, from more "improvements", globalization, one god is needed, science
-fifth, monism, where no longer any need for god, because the science is going to be the most important.
No anthropologist believes that narration any more. Was disproved in the 1950s. As far as religion goes, there has been no universal linear development of any kind. It's just chaotic mazes, returns and loops, sudden breakthroughs and collapses.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Mariusz wrote:
dorje e gabbana wrote:
It is very likely to be.

What do you think dzogchen is the first, since is the no religion, or fifth, since is the science of mind? Where is Buddhism?
You missed 'metheism' where people believe themselves to be gods and in need of no others. ;)
Left
oldbob

Re: Dzogchen and Buddhism

Post by oldbob »

Lhasa wrote:[quote="Malcolm
The image I used was the famous Blue Pearl, the first color image of the globe take from space.(Oh Lord, now someone is going to accuse me of subverting Dzogchen with Siddha Yoga's blue pearl meditation)/
I'm a survivor of the infamous Siddha Yoga guru wars, and the last time the blue pearl flashed at me I just said, "Yeah, big deal, what have you done for me lately?"
Here's to finding a Teacher who really gives a ....! :cheers:[/quote]Hi Lhasa,

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lhasa and ALL, :cheers:

To the bums of in-satiate whores! (Please don't be offended - I am just quoting, and Dzogchen includes tantra.) :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Buddhis ... 9748299341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The pussycat's roar, :namaste:

Dzogchen / smogchen - what the world needs is a good momo sandwich :cheers:

It is NOT just a question of what have you done for me lately, but what are you going to do for me tomorrow and the day after and for my children and their children?

If you feed a woman you have fed her for one day. If you teach her how to fish she will never go hungry.

Malcolm is right but we are NOT there yet.

Google "Thrive"

It took 5000 years to get this far.

Sometimes creative folks write poetry about it.
This beam of light has been around since 1970 (notice how it turns into a round at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiLsB-SOUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a beam of light about beams of light (1901 so the English is a little formal, but the info is great).

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Consciousn ... 301&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BIG Rimed needs to be looked at.

Please think of Garab Dorje pointing his finger at you as you read this written by one of the great Rimed Masters of this century.

http://www.quietmountain.org/links/teac ... onsect.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The real question is where do you (each of you) want to go from here?

You are the future of Dzogchen!

ob
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Mariusz wrote:
dorje e gabbana wrote: It is very likely to be.

You missed 'metheism' where people believe themselves to be gods and in need of no others. ;)
I not mentioned it intentionally, because it has been always :jumping:
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Off Topic Posts Merged:

Dzogchen and Buddhism
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Lhasa

Re: Dzogchen and Buddhism

Post by Lhasa »

My comments are at the bottom.
oldbob wrote:
Lhasa wrote:[quote="Malcolm
The image I used was the famous Blue Pearl, the first color image of the globe take from space.(Oh Lord, now someone is going to accuse me of subverting Dzogchen with Siddha Yoga's blue pearl meditation)/
I'm a survivor of the infamous Siddha Yoga guru wars, and the last time the blue pearl flashed at me I just said, "Yeah, big deal, what have you done for me lately?"
Here's to finding a Teacher who really gives a ....! :cheers:
Hi Lhasa,

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lhasa and ALL, :cheers:

To the bums of in-satiate whores! (Please don't be offended - I am just quoting, and Dzogchen includes tantra.) :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Buddhis ... 9748299341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The pussycat's roar, :namaste:

Dzogchen / smogchen - what the world needs is a good momo sandwich :cheers:

It is NOT just a question of what have you done for me lately, but what are you going to do for me tomorrow and the day after and for my children and their children?

If you feed a woman you have fed her for one day. If you teach her how to fish she will never go hungry.

Malcolm is right but we are NOT there yet.

Google "Thrive"

It took 5000 years to get this far.

Sometimes creative folks write poetry about it.
This beam of light has been around since 1970 (notice how it turns into a round at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiLsB-SOUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a beam of light about beams of light (1901 so the English is a little formal, but the info is great).

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Consciousn ... 301&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BIG Rimed needs to be looked at.

Please think of Garab Dorje pointing his finger at you as you read this written by one of the great Rimed Masters of this century.

http://www.quietmountain.org/links/teac ... onsect.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The real question is where do you (each of you) want to go from here?

You are the future of Dzogchen!

ob[/quote]

Hi Oldbob, I just found your reply. I'm a newcomer to Dzogchen and the language of Tibetan Buddhism. So I get lost alot with oldtimer-speak.
So what is the first link on tantric songs about?
My reference to the blue pearl, was oldtimer sy speak, referring to the fact that realization was not the goal in sy and the blue pearl was just another hook to keep the sheeple in line. So I was poking at the phony gurus trying to link up again with the blue pearl. It wasn't what they did 'for' me, it was what they did 'to' me. I should have been more clear.
"The pussycat's roar." ??? lost me...
Moody Blues link...ah yes, :smile:
What is the big Rimed?
The beam of Light, listen to this voice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53bqHUER ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For me, the Song of Vajra is that beam, also listening to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche sing. It's when the beam starts vibrating the outer samsaric appearances, that things get exciting. :woohoo:
Hmm, that wall, it's not just a wall anymore...seems to be glowing... 8-)
Message me? :namaste:
RobertoKhorviano

Post by RobertoKhorviano »

One thing bothers me guys.

What about the Kalachakra prophecies? And the general talking about the degeneration of our age...

In this context... how should we see predictions about everyone practising Dzogchen?
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Why will everyone be practicing Dzogchen and not the other paths to awakening?
florin

Post by florin »

RobertoKhorviano wrote:One thing bothers me guys.

In this context... how should we see predictions about everyone practising Dzogchen?
What predictions are you talking about ?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

alpha wrote:

Maybe this:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p104097
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
PadmeSamadhi

Post by PadmeSamadhi »

I consider inevitable too.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

dzogchungpa wrote:
alpha wrote:

Maybe this:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p104097
Is it meant everyone will be recognizing their true nature not necessarily practicing 'Dzogchen' so to speak?

Return to “Dzogchen”