FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Pero

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Post by Pero »

SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:
Ah, that is a completely different matter. Yes, Rinpoche doesn't do formal refuge ceremonies.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.

Oh, right -- this is not necessary at all.
Snovid

Post by Snovid »

I want ask what will be concern next webcats in Tenerife?
I found only the information Dzamling Gar.

What are Dzamling Gar teachings?
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
heart

Post by heart »

Snowid wrote:I want ask what will be concern next webcats in Tenerife?
I found only the information Dzamling Gar.

What are Dzamling Gar teachings?
http://www.melong.com/retreats.html

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

Malcolm wrote:

And this is something I don`t understand...Why it is not necessary ? I know that for Dzogchen teachings one doesn`t need formal refuge, but what about the tantric teachings and transmissions? Chod, Guru Dragpur, Simhamukha and many others secondary practices ?
I`m just trying to understand , I`m not criticizing here, but my teachers from Karma Kagyu, Sakya and Ningma traditions always taught me, that for any tantric practice, taking formal Refuge ceremony is indispensable. So, for instance, when they give initiation, they will always make sure that new people can take Refuge before initiation...So could you please explain that to me ?
heart

Post by heart »

SuryaMitra wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

And this is something I don`t understand...Why it is not necessary ? I know that for Dzogchen teachings one doesn`t need formal refuge, but what about the tantric teachings and transmissions? Chod, Guru Dragpur, Simhamukha and many others secondary practices ?
I`m just trying to understand , I`m not criticizing here, but my teachers from Karma Kagyu, Sakya and Ningma traditions always taught me, that for any tantric practice, taking formal Refuge ceremony is indispensable. So, for instance, when they give initiation, they will always make sure that new people can take Refuge before initiation...So could you please explain that to me ?
I think you misunderstand, ChNNR don't give refuge vows but refuge and bodhicitta is although always present in the practices he give.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SuryaMitra wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Every initiation has a refuge ceremony, as well as a bodhisattva vow ceremony built right into it. So it is completely unnecessary to insist that people take refuge and bodhisattva vows according to their respective systems of conferring vows. It simply isn't necessary.

Their attitude come from the traditional Buddhist custom of "cutting the hair". For them, it marks one's serious commitment to the path -- this is why these kinds of traditional teachers are likely to insist that one has to have had a formal and separate refuge ceremony. Even so, it is not necessary.
SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

Ok. Thank you.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

I have a question regarding the upcoming Adzom Drugpa transmission. I am planning on participating online and am happy to finally make a connection finally with Rinpoche in a formal way. I mainly practice under the guidance of Garchen Rinpoche but have a very strong affinity to the yantra yoga practices and these feel very natural and correct to me.

Any how, the question is: I know there is an explanation one must listen to via conference call before the transmission and there is book / manual needed. I contacted shang shung bookstore but have not heard back as of yet. Is this something I can find directly on that site? Would like to get it sent quickly since the time is coming up soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Bryan.
Inge

Post by Inge »

bryandavis wrote:I have a question regarding the upcoming Adzom Drugpa transmission. I am planning on participating online and am happy to finally make a connection finally with Rinpoche in a formal way. I mainly practice under the guidance of Garchen Rinpoche but have a very strong affinity to the yantra yoga practices and these feel very natural and correct to me.

Any how, the question is: I know there is an explanation one must listen to via conference call before the transmission and there is book / manual needed. I contacted shang shung bookstore but have not heard back as of yet. Is this something I can find directly on that site? Would like to get it sent quickly since the time is coming up soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Bryan.
There is a pdf file on the webcast site: http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webc ... Drugpa.pdf
shunyata

Post by shunyata »

Hi, how long the worldwide transmission will take? 1 hour? what we should do for the preparation?
heart

Post by heart »

shunyata wrote:Hi, how long the worldwide transmission will take? 1 hour? what we should do for the preparation?
Read Inge's pdf above, it takes perhaps 20 minutes or so.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

I have another two questions...

1) The white AH, Padmasambhava and Garab Dorje Guru Yogas that are included in the thun book, are this ChNN termas?

2) What exactly is happening when we pronounce the third Ah in the White AH guru yoga?
Do we still visualize the Ah in a thigle, do we rest the mind in a natural state, or...
I`ve read some explanations, but it is not entirely clear to me, and since I`m doing this practice every day after receiving transmission , I want to do it correctly.
heart

Post by heart »

SuryaMitra wrote:I have another two questions...

1) The white AH, Padmasambhava and Garab Dorje Guru Yogas that are included in the thun book, are this ChNN termas?

2) What exactly is happening when we pronounce the third Ah in the White AH guru yoga?
Do we still visualize the Ah in a thigle, do we rest the mind in a natural state, or...
I`ve read some explanations, but it is not entirely clear to me, and since I`m doing this practice every day after receiving transmission , I want to do it correctly.
1) Yes.

2) Rest in the natural state, to the best of your ability of course.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
SuryaMitra wrote:I have another two questions...

1) Yes.
Padmasambhava is from Konchok Chidu.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Sorry, Pero is right. I didn't read your question properly.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Kris

Post by Kris »

So I received DI, GY, from Blessed Rinpoche last year, then regressed into my former spiritual tradition of rasa, and at first began traveling here and there and mixing the two. Finally I completely stopped practicing trying to recognize natural state....

As of the last few months I have been having a sort of new nativity, I removed veiled mystery...and have been feeling rather exceedingly joyful lately.

Anyway, the root question I need to ask is can I re-continue my practices, or by stopping practice for months did i break transmission?

thanks

peace
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
heart

Post by heart »

Of course you can start practicing again.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Kris

Post by Kris »

I'm studying, and this question keeps arising
Is GY and SOV all that is required to recognize Dzogchen?

I know there are other/secondary practices, from my understanding the most important are rushan, semdzin and lojongs, and these are important for trechod and thogal practices, if i'm not mistaken which lead to rainbow body.

since my mind is easily distracted, I would like to keep the practices as simple as possible but with full benefit.

i hope I have made myself clear

peace
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
futerko

Post by futerko »

RikudouSennin wrote:I'm studying, and this question keeps arising
Is GY and SOV all that is required to recognize Dzogchen?

I know there are other/secondary practices, from my understanding the most important are rushan, semdzin and lojongs, and these are important for trechod and thogal practices, if i'm not mistaken which lead to rainbow body.

since my mind is easily distracted, I would like to keep the practices as simple as possible but with full benefit.

i hope I have made myself clear

peace

Three Essential Practices in Daily Life
http://www.melong.com/

Return to “Dzogchen”