Yangsi of Chagdud Tulku has been found

Blue Garuda

Re: Yangsi of Chagdud Tulku has been found

Post by Blue Garuda »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Yeshe,

This was a thread about the reincarnation of a beloved, genuine teacher completely who, incidentally, was uninvolved with any pomp and circumstance in his former life, and was only dedicated to teaching the Dharma to anyone who came to him, and people were rejoicing about his return to this world. Where's the joy, the warmth? Must everything be the object of some smug line of questioning and analysis? Most of us are aware that there has been some misuse of the tulku system (as well as the fact that it was sometimes much more complex than a matter of mere greed, desire, and abject corruption) and most of us are well aware that Buddhism has not gone 2,600 yrs without some individuals associated with it doing some questionable things, right or wrong. Is it important or relevant to our daily practice to dwell on these things?

As for me and moderation, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather use my limited time for more practice and study. As it is, I already spend more time at these forums than I should.

P.S. Yeshe, for what it's worth, what you perceived as ad homs were not aimed solely at you, and they weren't intended to be disguised. As I stated, they reflect my general disappointment with the online Buddhist forum experience.

I am content with what you say, as it reflects pretty much what I was trying to convey, but in my case in a style and place which was inappropriate, for which again I apologise to those who have posted their disappointment.

I'll try to choose my words more carefully.

Thank you.
Left
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Let's all try to take it easy on Yeshe because he's learning the ropes here and is new to moderating.

Let's also please maintain some respect towards this recent incarnation of Yangsi of Chagdud. That is of course unless we think we have more insight than the masters who found him, which is unlikely.

It is good news about the tulku, it is okay to celebrate :bow:

Yeshe if you like you could start an entirely separate thread exploring the history of tulkus and reincrnations. I'm sure that would be interesting.

Kind wishes,
Laura
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Let's all try to take it easy on Yeshe because he's learning the ropes here and is new to moderating.

Let's also please maintain some respect towards this recent incarnation of Yangsi of Chagdud. That is of course unless we think we have more insight than the masters who found him, which is unlikely.

It is good news about the tulku, it is okay to celebrate :bow:

Yeshe if you like you could start an entirely separate thread exploring the history of tulkus and reincrnations. I'm sure that would be interesting.

Kind wishes,
Laura

Thanks, but I wasn't moderating at the time, just expressing a personal view - insensitively.

I wished the new tulku joy, and still do.

I have no interest in the history of tulkus and reincarnations.
Left
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Yeshe wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote: Yeshe,

This was a thread about the reincarnation of a beloved, genuine teacher completely who, incidentally, was uninvolved with any pomp and circumstance in his former life, and was only dedicated to teaching the Dharma to anyone who came to him, and people were rejoicing about his return to this world. Where's the joy, the warmth? Must everything be the object of some smug line of questioning and analysis? Most of us are aware that there has been some misuse of the tulku system (as well as the fact that it was sometimes much more complex than a matter of mere greed, desire, and abject corruption) and most of us are well aware that Buddhism has not gone 2,600 yrs without some individuals associated with it doing some questionable things, right or wrong. Is it important or relevant to our daily practice to dwell on these things?

As for me and moderation, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather use my limited time for more practice and study. As it is, I already spend more time at these forums than I should.

P.S. Yeshe, for what it's worth, what you perceived as ad homs were not aimed solely at you, and they weren't intended to be disguised. As I stated, they reflect my general disappointment with the online Buddhist forum experience.

I am content with what you say, as it reflects pretty much what I was trying to convey, but in my case in a style and place which was inappropriate, for which again I apologise to those who have posted their disappointment.

I'll try to choose my words more carefully.

Thank you.
I genuinely appreciate and thank you for choosing to respond so thoughtfully.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman

Return to “Nyingma”