Incarnations of Patrul Rinpoche

_R_

Re: Incarnations of Patrul Rinpoche

Post by _R_ »

I don't know how these present incarnations are carrying the torch of first Patrul Rinpoche. He renounced everything, monasteries, even caves, because he felt he's becoming too attached to them. Unlike the current ones. Their main activity seems to be a complete opposite: building up huge statues, gathering vast amounts of students, etc.
I'm the best.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Theres a whole slew of Mipham tulkus as well even though he said he wouldnt reincarnate here.
We will probably see the same for Chatral Rinpoche.
Samsara, its a peculiar set of circumstances.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

Yeti wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 am Please correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that Patrul Rinpoche said somewhere that he wouldn't reincarnate or manifest a tulku.

I think a few lamas have made such proclamations, but it hasn't stopped a line a tulkus springing up.

It gives rise to a namtok song in my mind "You can't stop the tulku, nobody can stop the tulku" to the tune of the Village People's "You Can't Stop the Music".
I doubt Patrul said this.
His bodhicitta would drive numerous manifestations.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Nyingma”