Dungse Rigzin Dorje Rinpoche

KonchokZoepa

Dungse Rigzin Dorje Rinpoche

Post by KonchokZoepa »

Hi, does anyone know this Lama.

What is the name of his home monastery and is it in Assam?

does he uphold the complete Vima Nyingtik cycle?
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Malcolm

Re: Dungse Rigzin Dorje Rinpoche

Post by Malcolm »

KonchokZoepa wrote:Hi, does anyone know this Lama.

What is the name of his home monastery and is it in Assam?

does he uphold the complete Vima Nyingtik cycle?

Yes.

Zangdog Palri

Yes.

he is the son of Kunzang Dechen Lingpa, and is an excellent teacher.
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

thanks Malcolm for the info :smile:
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

I went to a teaching and empowerment he gave locally a few years ago on Chod and Throma and I was impressed. In talking with him afterwards he seemed like a kind and genuine lama.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

(Apologies for the necro:)

Has Rinpoche ever taught in Europe?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Josef

Post by Josef »

He is one my main lamas.
He's wonderful and overflows with bodhicitta.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
treehuggingoctopus

Josef wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 pm He is one my main lamas.
He's wonderful and overflows with bodhicitta.
Thank you, Josef. PM sent.

Edmond Jabès
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Unfortunately he is currently forbidden from teaching in the United States (and has been for years) because of issues that DHS has with classifying people who live in Assam.

Hopefully he has been able to teach elsewhere in the past few years.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

He changed my life. No doubt about it.
treehuggingoctopus

kirtu wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 pm Unfortunately he is currently forbidden from teaching in the United States (and has been for years) because of issues that DHS has with classifying people who live in Assam.

That is both very sad and quite surprising. In what way is Assam legally different from other regions of India, I wonder? Hopefully the EU has different regulations.

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kirtu wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 pm Unfortunately he is currently forbidden from teaching in the United States (and has been for years) because of issues that DHS has with classifying people who live in Assam.

Kirt
No, it is because they won’t let him travel with more than one other person.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 am

Kirt
A mutual friend told me that the issue was that DHS classified all the people (the monks and nuns) who are with him in Assam as potential terrorists. The issue being that DHS has simply decided to blanket classify people from Assam in this way.

If it were merely an issue of not being able to travel with another person then that could be remedied (although he might not want to do that since it would mean leaving his monastics in India). He could travel with a group of western students.

Unless you mean that the US is insisting that he literally has to travel completely by himself - which is not a travel restriction I have ever heard of.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kirtu wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Kirt
A mutual friend told me that the issue was that DHS classified all the people (the monks and nuns) who are with him in Assam as potential terrorists. The issue being that DHS has simply decided to blanket classify people from Assam in this way.

If it were merely an issue of not being able to travel with another person then that could be remedied (although he might not want to do that since it would mean leaving his monastics in India). He could travel with a group of western students.

Unless you mean that the US is insisting that he literally has to travel completely by himself - which is not a travel restriction I have ever heard of.

Kirt
I am very familiar with the matter. When the Obama Admin came in, they placed heavy restrictions in religious workers visas, contra the Bush era policies which were surprisingly forgiving. Thus, they would not approve the Dungsey Rinpoche's chod group, and would issue no more than two visa. One person beside himself was not sufficient for the healing chod tour, and the legals fees were mounting into the thousands. Thus, they dropped the issue.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Kirt
I am very familiar with the matter. When the Obama Admin came in, they placed heavy restrictions in religious workers visas, contra the Bush era policies which were surprisingly forgiving. Thus, they would not approve the Dungsey Rinpoche's chod group, and would issue no more than two visa. One person beside himself was not sufficient for the healing chod tour, and the legals fees were mounting into the thousands. Thus, they dropped the issue.
What was up obama's ass? Just making nice with china?
I know he canceled meetings with HHDL.
I noticed i saw more of my overseas Lama's when bush was in and when
obama came in the doors were closed.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Kirt
I too had an event set up in Boston with Rinpoche when this happened.
It was in the summer 2010 and DHS simply shut them out.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Josef wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Kirt
I too had an event set up in Boston with Rinpoche when this happened.
It was in the summer 2010 and DHS simply shut them out.
Thanks obama. 2010 cost $56.4 billion for DHS.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

amanitamusc wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Kirt
What was up obama's ass? Just making nice with china?
I know he canceled meetings with HHDL.
I noticed i saw more of my overseas Lama's when bush was in and when
obama came in the doors were closed.
Hillary.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Hopefully this will be one of the Obama admin's policies that Trump will rollback. I'd love to meet and receive teachings from him!!!
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Is KDL's body in Assam or Arunachal Pradesh?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm Is KDL's body in Assam or Arunachal Pradesh?
It is at Zangdog Palri in Arunachal Pradesh, AFAIK.

Return to “Nyingma”