Re: Ngakpa International - Vajrayana Training

Post by Malcolm » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 am

smcj wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:41 am
Sangye Khandro👍
Sangye Khandro :heart:
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Tongnyid Dorje

Post by Tongnyid Dorje » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 am

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 am
smcj wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:41 am
Sangye Khandro👍
Sangye Khandro :heart:
Chagdud Khandro :heart:

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Yeah Sangye Khandro, Chagdud Khandro, Sarah Harding, I’m sure these are great examples too. I’ve only attended teachings with Chagdud Khandro of these three, and I really appreciated her capacity as a teacher. I should mention Lama Dechen Yeshe Wangmo too while we’re at it, as she’s a quite capable guide that Lama Tharchin Rinpoche authorized to teach. I’m sure there are many more, who likewise have very clear-cut histories and lineage authorizations...
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:43 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 am
I know having met great teachers you really 'can't just believe they are only involved in murky politics "working with circumstances" but that they do have the wisdom eye to know who is who, easily at that.
I love the former Penor Rinpoche, have taken teachings from him, etc. However, there is no way that I ever believed nor do I now believe that Osel Mukpo is reincarnation of Ju MIpham. Just so we are clear.

Yeah that and Mr Segal are hard pills to swallow... :shock:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 am

Recenlty some students of Pema Khandro expressed concern to the moderation team over this thread.

When this thread was first active I did not participate in it and I did not read it, mainly because I did not know who the teacher was and I was not interested.

I have now taken the time, however, to read the whole thread as well as a linked discussion about the teacher, and to have a look at the Ngakpa International website, as well as Pema Khandro's website, and to watch some of her videos.

Personally, I think that if she were Tibetan no one would question her credentials at all. I find no reason to doubt her recognition, authority to teach, vast practice and learning, or capacity to liberate beings through the teachings she gives.

We have discussed permanently removing the thread, but as a team we have opted not to do so because we believe in free inquiry when it comes to teachers. Everything should be above table when it comes to Vajrayana teachers and people should feel free to ask questions. Nevertheless, I have decided to write this post showing my support for this teacher, who I see as perfectly qualified and who I would not mind taking teachings from myself in the future.

We will lock this thread, however, as it is very old and we are committing necromancy by posting on it.

May the vajrayana continue to spread, and may this teacher, who seems imminently capable to me, continue to benefit countless sentient beings as she has done in the past, and as she obviously does now.

If anyone has anything actually substantive to add, they can pm a moderator and we will decide if we will add it here.

Have a nice day.

Kevin...

Return to “Nyingma”