Malcolm wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 am
smcj wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:41 am Sangye Khandro👍
Sangye Khandro :heart:
Chagdud Khandro :heart:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Ngakpa International - Vajrayana Training

Post by Adamantine »

Yeah Sangye Khandro, Chagdud Khandro, Sarah Harding, I’m sure these are great examples too. I’ve only attended teachings with Chagdud Khandro of these three, and I really appreciated her capacity as a teacher. I should mention Lama Dechen Yeshe Wangmo too while we’re at it, as she’s a quite capable guide that Lama Tharchin Rinpoche authorized to teach. I’m sure there are many more, who likewise have very clear-cut histories and lineage authorizations...
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:43 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 am I know having met great teachers you really 'can't just believe they are only involved in murky politics "working with circumstances" but that they do have the wisdom eye to know who is who, easily at that.
I love the former Penor Rinpoche, have taken teachings from him, etc. However, there is no way that I ever believed nor do I now believe that Osel Mukpo is reincarnation of Ju MIpham. Just so we are clear.

Yeah that and Mr Segal are hard pills to swallow... :shock:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

When this thread was first active I did not participate in it and I did not read it, mainly because I did not know who the teacher was and I was not interested.

I have now taken the time, however, to read the whole thread as well as a linked discussion about the teacher, and to have a look at the Ngakpa International website, as well as Pema Khandro's website, and to watch some of her videos.

I have decided to write this post showing my support for this teacher, who I see as perfectly qualified and who I would not mind taking teachings from myself in the future.

Personally, I think that if she were Tibetan no one would question her credentials at all. I find no reason to doubt her recognition, authority to teach, vast practice and learning, or capacity to liberate beings through the teachings she gives.

May the vajrayana continue to spread, and may this teacher, who seems imminently capable to me, continue to benefit countless sentient beings as she has done in the past, and as she obviously does now.

Have a nice day.

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Mod note: Recently some students of Pema Khandro expressed concern to the moderation team over this thread.

We have discussed permanently removing the thread, but as a team we have opted not to do so because we believe in free inquiry when it comes to teachers. Everything should be above table when it comes to Vajrayana teachers and people should feel free to ask questions.

We will lock this thread, however, as it is very old and we are committing necromancy by posting on it.

If anyone has anything actually substantive to add, they can pm a moderator and we will decide if we will add it here.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Unlocking this. However if it becomes a battleground it will be shut down.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

I find it troubling that instead of answering a number of (still unanswered and unaddressed) issues and questions raised by members here in this and related threads, Pema Khandro / Kali Ma’s students (or her sockpuppets) instead resort to intensively petitioning and pressuring the staff here to eliminate or at least close down the dialogues altogether.

If Pema Khandro or her students are truly concerned about this thread, perhaps they can actually engage in it by answering questions which they’ve left unanswered.

To remind everyone, one large question is: where is there any evidence at all that Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche has authorized her to teach?
If he hasn’t done so I find it very troubling that it has been implied that he has, here on DW by her students and implied (though not explicitly stated) that he has in her site’s extended bio.

Another from the parallel thread: where is it possible to find any further info about Gyaldak Rinpoche who “recognized” her? Aside from his website that is, which it seems was set up by Pema Khandro’s own group. And how does one find out anything about Druk Tashi Dhargey Cholkor Dechenling Monastery other than via this same site? Does Gyaldak Rinpoche have a copy of his own recognition letters? Are there any Tibetan Lamas well known and respected in the West that would vouch for him and his bio history?

Also: does Kali Ma / Pema Khandro no longer value her first teachers in the so-called “mahasiddha” lineage under whose mentorship she originally felt empowered to begin giving spiritual teachings? Namely Isa, (who apparently? studied with Rudi / Swami Rudrananda) http://www.isalove.org
and Rudi himself whom she previously claimed (on her prior website) gave her special post-mortem teachings in visionary encounters? If she does still value them, why are they now completely absent from her lineage bio? And if she doesn’t value them any longer, why not?

In her extended bio it states “
When studying full time with her Buddhist Lamas, her studies drew her to India, Nepal, Tibet, Europe and throughout North America.“
When exactly did she “study full time with her Buddhist Lamas? Which ones was she studying full time with, and for how long exactly? How did she manage these full-time studies with Lamas, while seemingly simultaneously being a full time teacher herself?

So many more questions, however let’s start there. I’d be happy to hear reasonable answers to these questions from her or her students, (rather than attempts to censor any inquiry and dialogue, which raises red flags in and of itself).

🙏
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm I find it troubling that instead of answering a number of (still unanswered and unaddressed) issues and questions raised by members here in this and related threads, Pema Khandro / Kali Ma’s students (or her sockpuppets) instead resort to intensively petitioning and pressuring the staff here to eliminate or at least close down the dialogues altogether.

If Pema Khandro or her students are truly concerned about this thread, perhaps they can actually engage in it by answering questions which they’ve left unanswered.

To remind everyone, one large question is: where is there any evidence at all that Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche has authorized her to teach?
If he hasn’t done so I find it very troubling that it has been implied that he has, here on DW by her students and implied (though not explicitly stated) that he has in her site’s extended bio.

Another from the parallel thread: where is it possible to find any further info about Gyaldak Rinpoche who “recognized” her? Aside from his website that is, which it seems was set up by Pema Khandro’s own group. And how does one find out anything about Druk Tashi Dhargey Cholkor Dechenling Monastery other than via this same site? Does Gyaldak Rinpoche have a copy of his own recognition letters? Are there any Tibetan Lamas well known and respected in the West that would vouch for him and his bio history?

Also: does Kali Ma / Pema Khandro no longer value her first teachers in the so-called “mahasiddha” lineage under whose mentorship she originally felt empowered to begin giving spiritual teachings? Namely Isa, (who apparently? studied with Rudi / Swami Rudrananda) http://www.isalove.org
and Rudi himself whom she previously claimed (on her prior website) gave her special post-mortem teachings in visionary encounters? If she does still value them, why are they now completely absent from her lineage bio? And if she doesn’t value them any longer, why not?

When studying full time with her Buddhist Lamas, her studies drew her to India, Nepal, Tibet, Europe and throughout North America.“
When exactly did she “study full time with her Buddhist Lamas? Which ones was she studying full time with, and for how long exactly? How did she manage these full-time studies with Lamas, while seemingly simultaneously being a full time teacher herself?

So many more questions, however let’s start there. I’d be happy to hear reasonable answers to these questions from her or her students, (rather than attempts to censor any inquiry and dialogue, which raises red flags in and of itself).

🙏
I heard, from a fellow student of her, that she is studying currently at the Rangjung Yeshe Shedra in Kathmandu.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Adamantine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm I find it troubling that instead of answering a number of (still unanswered and unaddressed) issues and questions raised by members here in this and related threads, Pema Khandro / Kali Ma’s students (or her sockpuppets) instead resort to intensively petitioning and pressuring the staff here to eliminate or at least close down the dialogues altogether.

🙏
I heard, from a fellow student of her, that she is studying currently at the Rangjung Yeshe Shedra in Kathmandu.

/magnus
That’s encouraging, however it doesn’t really change any of the potentially problematic issues, or the need for the above questions to be adequately answered, does it?
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm That’s encouraging, however it doesn’t really change any of the potentially problematic issues, or the need for the above questions to be adequately answered, does it?
No, I just shared what I heard. Perhaps she can step up and answer them herself.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Adamantine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm That’s encouraging, however it doesn’t really change any of the potentially problematic issues, or the need for the above questions to be adequately answered, does it?
No, I just shared what I heard. Perhaps she can step up and answer them herself.

/magnus
Yeah that’d be ideal!

Return to “Nyingma”