Interview with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje on the Nyingmapa View

Losal Samten

Interview with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje on the Nyingmapa View

Post by Losal Samten »

By Ratnashree (Mahayogi Sridhar Rana Rinpoche)

http://www.byomakusuma.org/Teachings/In ... aView.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His Eminence, Khenchen Rigzin Dorjee Rinpoche is a full lineage holder of the Nyingma tradition. He is the founder and Director of Taktse Nyingma Institute and few retreats and Dharma centers in countries like Bhutan, India, Nepal and USA where he has been teaching extensively over the past 30 years. He has taught in Thailand, Greece, Holland and Canada.

He was highly educated and trained in all major lineages of Nyingma tradition by over 30 well-known Buddhist teachers such as Dudjom Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Drubwang Pema Norbu Rinpoche, and especially Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche. He is highly proficient in literature, philosophy and religion. After his graduation in 1978 from the Tibetan Institute of Higher Studies in Sarnath (Varanasi) he spent almost ten years as a Khenpo (Professor of Buddhist Philosophy) at Ngagyur Nyingma Institute, founded by Kyabje Pema Norbu and Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
Most of his students later became Khenpos, Lopons (Masters of Buddhist Philosophy) and Vajra Masters (Masters of Buddhist Meditation), who now teach all over the world. After founding the Taktse Nyingma Institute in 1988, Rinpoche moved it from Nepal to Sikkim, India in 1996 where he continues to direct it. He spends most of his time teaching at his Dharma centers in USA and Taiwan. Rigzin Dorjee Rinpoche has established two traditional retreat centers in Yolmo, Nepal, with provisions for house eight monks and nuns in separate facilities. He has also founded another retreat center in Martam, Sikkim with facilities for 15 retreatants. He aims to establish more than 100 such small retreat centers.

Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
DENZONG

Re: Interview with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje on the Nyingmapa V

Post by DENZONG »

To whom does the Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. Belong to, who is the owner of the property?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DENZONG wrote:To whom does the Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. Belong to, who is the owner of the property?
Khenchen Rigzin Dorje, who graduated from the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies in Sarnath, and is actually very learned.

http://nyingmainstitutemartam.org/Institute.aspx
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

It would have been nice if you'd posted this like 6 months ago….
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

You can see his Martam retreat from my wife's house. It's up the hill.
Rumtek also has a 3 year retreat center in Martam, just opened in the last few years.

I've met Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje and I found him to be a really humble guy, and good company.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

he has a student here , who teaches in los angeles , khenp9o sonam of lhundrub choling
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

lama tsewang wrote:he has a student here , who teaches in los angeles , khenp9o sonam of lhundrub choling

Oh Khenpo Sonam is his student? Khenpo Sonam is very impressive in his depth and breadth of knowledge, so that would indicate he had a great teacher!
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
orgyen jigmed

Post by orgyen jigmed »

Without prejudice I beg to differ with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje's partial view on the Bon. Although Bon has been historically mentioned in a number of Termas by various Nyingma Tertons, Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje seems to base his views entirely on one source. In contrast to his biased view, the Nyingma Terton Taksam Samten Lingpa's Terma, "The Secret History of the Life and Englightment of Yeshe Tsogyal, Queen of Tibet" popularly known as "Lady of the Lotus-Born", gives credible reasons why the Nyingma choose to classify Bon into two streams, namely: Inner and Outer or White and Black.

To the contrary to Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje's personal views - also rampant amongst some contemporary Nyingmapas, it was Guru Rinpoche himself who advised the King that: "The Inner Bon are in harmony with the Dharma, therefore leave them as they are." Furthermore, this particular Terma also infers that during this 'another' historical process for political power, the Inner Bon already had their own credible religious scriptures. In fact, 'The Secret History' alludes that all the books of the Inner Bon were "concealed as Treasures."

Considering that the Nyingma esoteric doctrine crossed towards a Tibet that already had a multiple Bon identities and practices, it therefore remains virtually impossible to intelligently conclude - who has actually borrowed from whom, and to what extent.
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
DENZONG

Post by DENZONG »

Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. This property belongs to The Chogyal(King) Tenzing Tobgyal Wongchuk Namgyal of Sikkim, and he later donated it to The Tsuklakhang Trust. Khempo Rinzing was given in-charge of this Institute by the Chogyal under an agreement in 1997. And he broke many clauses of the agreement and due to which he was asked to leave the institute. And some of the clauses that he broke was getting married. Any teacher or professor or principal of a Sheda is not suppose to get married and if he does he has to leave the Sheda. He's been asked to leave the Sheda for many years and he has not yet vacated that Sheda. A case was registered in the Lok Adalat, Gangtok, Sikkim against him and he never turned out, not even once and the case is still going on. I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DENZONG wrote:Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. This property belongs to The Chogyal(King) Tenzing Tobgyal Wongchuk Namgyal of Sikkim, and he later donated it to The Tsuklakhang Trust. Khempo Rinzing was given in-charge of this Institute by the Chogyal under an agreement in 1997. And he broke many clauses of the agreement and due to which he was asked to leave the institute. And some of the clauses that he broke was getting married. Any teacher or professor or principal of a Sheda is not suppose to get married and if he does he has to leave the Sheda. He's been asked to leave the Sheda for many years and he has not yet vacated that Sheda. A case was registered in the Lok Adalat, Gangtok, Sikkim against him and he never turned out, not even once and the case is still going on. I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
This is just hearsay.
DENZONG

Post by DENZONG »

I HAVE ALL THE PAPERS AND DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE STATEMENTS BELOW. Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. This property belongs to The Chogyal(King) Tenzing Tobgyal Wongchuk Namgyal of Sikkim, and he later donated it to The Tsuklakhang Trust. Khempo Rinzing was given in-charge of this Institute by the Chogyal under an agreement in 1997. And he broke many clauses of the agreement and due to which he was asked to leave the institute. And some of the clauses that he broke was getting married. Any teacher or professor or principal of a Sheda is not suppose to get married and if he does he has to leave the Sheda. He's been asked to leave the Sheda for many years and he has not yet vacated that Sheda. A case was registered in the Lok Adalat, Gangtok, Sikkim against him and he never turned out, not even once and the case is still going on. I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
You seem very invested in this particular lama drama. Why do you care one way or the other?
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DENZONG wrote:I HAVE ALL THE PAPERS AND DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE STATEMENTS BELOW. Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. This property belongs to The Chogyal(King) Tenzing Tobgyal Wongchuk Namgyal of Sikkim, and he later donated it to The Tsuklakhang Trust. Khempo Rinzing was given in-charge of this Institute by the Chogyal under an agreement in 1997. And he broke many clauses of the agreement and due to which he was asked to leave the institute. And some of the clauses that he broke was getting married. Any teacher or professor or principal of a Sheda is not suppose to get married and if he does he has to leave the Sheda. He's been asked to leave the Sheda for many years and he has not yet vacated that Sheda. A case was registered in the Lok Adalat, Gangtok, Sikkim against him and he never turned out, not even once and the case is still going on. I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
Again, this is just hearsay on an internet website.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

DENZONG wrote:I HAVE ALL THE PAPERS AND DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE STATEMENTS BELOW. Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim. This property belongs to The Chogyal(King) Tenzing Tobgyal Wongchuk Namgyal of Sikkim, and he later donated it to The Tsuklakhang Trust. Khempo Rinzing was given in-charge of this Institute by the Chogyal under an agreement in 1997. And he broke many clauses of the agreement and due to which he was asked to leave the institute. And some of the clauses that he broke was getting married. Any teacher or professor or principal of a Sheda is not suppose to get married and if he does he has to leave the Sheda. He's been asked to leave the Sheda for many years and he has not yet vacated that Sheda. A case was registered in the Lok Adalat, Gangtok, Sikkim against him and he never turned out, not even once and the case is still going on. I hope this will clarify the ownership of the Sheda/Taktse Nyingma Institute, Gangtok, Sikkim.
Denzong, you really would loose a very great teacher if you stick with this kind of reasoning. It's well known in Nyingma circles that Rinpoche has a wife, but so what?

If there is a clause or two in this so called agreement, which for the sake of argument let's say there is, then your Chogyal could just thank his lucky stars to still have a teacher the caliber of this one teaching at that Shedra. Quite frankly if this agreement exists and you are in a position to be influential, you could encourage the Chogyal to let go of "agreements" that may have sounded good at the time and think about the future. It's better to evaluate a Rinpoche according to his ability to teach your curriculum, his dedication to his students, how they feel, and in that respect you'll find this Rinpoche certainly is not lacking, he has many devoted students.

Ownership of the Shedra does not matter, who cares about that, what matters is a perfectly fine teacher is being judged unfit to lead a Shedra because of a supposed inflexible rule that really has nothing to do with his ability to teach, think about it, if you could have a teacher the caliber of a Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche teach at your Shedra wouldn't
you want that for your students? Nyoshul Khen had a wife and that didn't diminish him, on the contrary this was a help to him, so how about just having some flexibility for the sake of going in a good direction for the future.

It's a Shedra for men, there aren't any places for nuns, so maybe your Chogyal could change that too, as you know we are in a time when we need to be inclusive, there are other Shedra's that teach both monks and nuns. In addition it would be great if there also was a place right there for the "White Sangha" to come and learn in the Shedra, you'd do well to help your Chogyal open that place up more for everybody, monks, nuns, western students (celibate or not) with class rooms for people, and places to stay. There are practitioners who want to study those topics in a Shedra environment, they may have the wish to come to a Beyul too, but there are very few places (supports) for them right now at that Shedra, why start by taking away a support in human form, that is what that Rinpoche is whether you are currently understanding that or not, imho he also has the energy to help that Shedra's future.

Lastly, my donation dollars go to places that give equal opportunities. Western practitioners admire flexibility and outreach, perhaps the Shedra could open up, you'll find more people that will sponsor a Shedra that reaches out and opens up for them, just like a Beyul should open up at the right time, Beyul's give equal opportunities for people to come and learn and don't look at what sex they are or whether they are married or not, so if that place remains inflexible then it probably won't grow much, and if you loose that teacher you will have lost a dynamo of energy for the good of your Shedra and it's opening up to the world, and perhaps the loss would be for Buddha Dharma in Sikkim in general. If you loose him, imho Sikkim looses a teacher that understands what happened for Buddha Dharma there in Sikkim in a deeper experiential way, in other words he understands your history, there are very few that understand like he does and can really explain it including caring enough to make the text for Westerners, but maybe you have never seen the treasure text he has made in English, it is beautiful and a real gift for non Sikkimese people.

Denzong, the bottom line is... you'd be very fortunate to keep a teacher like this, speaking just for myself, I know I'll totally change my mind about coming to visit that Shedra some day, or to actually experience your sacred lake near that Shedra in your Beyul without the presence of one of it's primary lineage holders being there because you've asked and encouraged him to leave! I will loose my interest in coming there altogether, it was him that first introduced me to Beyul Sikkim and the teachings of Lhatsun Jigme Rinpoche and told me all about you.

Why strip yourself of your wealth?

:jedi:
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

T. Chokyi wrote:
Denzong, you really would loose a very great teacher if you stick with this kind of reasoning. It's well known in Nyingma circles that Rinpoche has a wife, but so what?

If there is a clause or two in this so called agreement, which for the sake of argument let's say there is, then your Chogyal could just thank his lucky stars to still have a teacher the caliber of this one teaching at that Shedra. Quite frankly if this agreement exists and you are in a position to be influential, you could encourage the Chogyal to let go of "agreements" that may have sounded good at the time and think about the future. It's better to evaluate a Rinpoche according to his ability to teach your curriculum, his dedication to his students, how they feel, and in that respect you'll find this Rinpoche certainly is not lacking, he has many devoted students.

Ownership of the Shedra does not matter, who cares about that, what matters is a perfectly fine teacher is being judged unfit to lead a Shedra because of a supposed inflexible rule that really has nothing to do with his ability to teach, think about it, if you could have a teacher the caliber of a Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche teach at your Shedra wouldn't
you want that for your students? Nyoshul Khen had a wife and that didn't diminish him, on the contrary this was a help to him, so how about just having some flexibility for the sake of going in a good direction for the future.

It's a Shedra for men, there aren't any places for nuns, so maybe your Chogyal could change that too, as you know we are in a time when we need to be inclusive, there are other Shedra's that teach both monks and nuns. In addition it would be great if there also was a place right there for the "White Sangha" to come and learn in the Shedra, you'd do well to help your Chogyal open that place up more for everybody, monks, nuns, western students (celibate or not) with class rooms for people, and places to stay. There are practitioners who want to study those topics in a Shedra environment, they may have the wish to come to a Beyul too, but there are very few places (supports) for them right now at that Shedra, why start by taking away a support in human form, that is what that Rinpoche is whether you are currently understanding that or not, imho he also has the energy to help that Shedra's future.

Lastly, my donation dollars go to places that give equal opportunities. Western practitioners admire flexibility and outreach, perhaps the Shedra could open up, you'll find more people that will sponsor a Shedra that reaches out and opens up for them, just like a Beyul should open up at the right time, Beyul's give equal opportunities for people to come and learn and don't look at what sex they are or whether they are married or not, so if that place remains inflexible then it probably won't grow much, and if you loose that teacher you will have lost a dynamo of energy for the good of your Shedra and it's opening up to the world, and perhaps the loss would be for Buddha Dharma in Sikkim in general. If you loose him, imho Sikkim looses a teacher that understands what happened for Buddha Dharma there in Sikkim in a deeper experiential way, in other words he understands your history, there are very few that understand like he does and can really explain it including caring enough to make the text for Westerners, but maybe you have never seen the treasure text he has made in English, it is beautiful and a real gift for non Sikkimese people.

Denzong, the bottom line is... you'd be very fortunate to keep a teacher like this, speaking just for myself, I know I'll totally change my mind about coming to visit that Shedra some day, or to actually experience your sacred lake near that Shedra in your Beyul without the presence of one of it's primary lineage holders being there because you've asked and encouraged him to leave! I will loose my interest in coming there altogether, it was him that first introduced me to Beyul Sikkim and the teachings of Lhatsun Jigme Rinpoche and told me all about you.

Why strip yourself of your wealth?

:jedi:
:good:
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
DENZONG

Post by DENZONG »

IF THERE IS A CLAUSE OR TWO??? What do you know about the situation out here. And for heaven’s sake stop saying that our Chogyal (The Religious Ruler of Sikkim) is lucky. YOUR KHEMPO who claims himself to be a Rinpoche and a Lineage holder of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup which he is absolutely not, is so lucky that he could come to Sikkim (Dejong: The Hidden Valley) and get a institute to take care of which was already set up by the Chogyal, and the KHEMPO took absolute advantage of it. After staying here for a while he slowly started to understand that Sikkimese people are not so much aware of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup, which is actually the integral part of our society and is very much a gift from Dejong to the rest of the world. So, knowing the ignorance of people, your KHEMPO (not Rinpoche) started to call himself the lineage holder of this Yogic Form, and then started gathering followers from the WEST, plp like him will only turn towards the west as there is no capital in African countries or the Eastern Europe or the Sub-Continent…
He is spreading Dharma, that a great deed, but his way of doing is absolutely wrong. He is slowly injecting his students in major monasteries of Sikkim, and slowly all the important monasteries will be under his control, and he will be the ultimate guru of Sikkim!!! Which is so wrong!! for us and not for you.
In the Royal Chapel there is a sheda for smaller monks, and a year back all the students and the two teachers left the Sheda, and the reason – Three Tulkus were brought from Mysore, who were the recognised reincarnations of the disciples of Latsung Chempo (the discoverer of Rinzin Sogdrup). So the two teachers were already there and they were not liking the fact that they had to stay under Tulkus, so they revolt and took their loyal students, and these students chased away all the smaller monks and bashed up the ones who were not with them. And finally they (two teachers) called upon the representatives from Pemayangtse Monastery to hand over the Sheda to Pemayangtse Monastery, knowing that the property belongs to the Royals they did that. Now, as said before Pemayangtse Monastery is coming under the control of YOUR KHEMPO as he’s been injecting his students in that Monastery, so under that agreement he can control the Royal Sheda as it was getting out of control from the hands of those two teachers, and these two revolt teachers are special disciples of YOUR KHEMPO….
M quite sure YOU are going to support him in all the way, but when it boils down to Sikkim, we won’t tolerate such kind of idiotic behaviour.
And lastly:
What do you know about the Sikkimese Tradition?? You must be one of those people living somewhere ……near Atacama or somewhere in the West, and first generation practising the dharma. Living there and commenting has been a very old practice of plp like you. We don’t care about ur dollars $$$$. We can totally take care of our monks and our Dharma, its because of plp like YOUR KHEMPO that u all make unnecessary donations and its because of ur Blood Dollars that u all get a very special place to sit and listen to his speech or preach..Ask urself if u r really so special to get his preaching??? Why doesn’t he go to countries like Swaziland, Somalia, where peace is required the most???? Please don’t talk about YOUR DOLLARS I hate this word!! this thing has totally corrupted the society and has given birth to people like YOUR KHEMPO… And you are also talking all about sponsors and money and marketing. Please stop polluting our Dharma. Please don’t let our DHARMA BE A DRAMA!!!
Ivo

Post by Ivo »

Very interesting thread. I hope it doesn't get deleted. The side of the story DENZONG is providing very rarely reaches the western Dharma circles, and the fact is that it is very important. These problems are very widespread and the donations given by western students sometimes are on a scale not seen in the past. It is an interference in thousands years old traditions which no one in the small himalayan communities is prepared to handle, and which is very easily abused. No matter if these particular accusations are true or false, the problem does exist and needs to be discussed in a mature and extensive way.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

My general impression of dharma institutions is that they are almost all mud puddles. However they are mud puddles from which lotus flowers are occasionally known to grow. Aside from that the 8 worldly dharmas seem to be normally present, which is understandable. Monasteries and such are for the unenlightened. Of course unawareness is going to be there. Kunga R. (Sakya/S.F. Bay Area) said of old Tibet, "We brought samsara into the monasteries with us."

My teacher made the distinction between dharma institutions and Dharma this way; "You should think of the difference between church and religion the same way you think of the difference between school and education." I assume he meant that things can be badly administered yet still provide the material in a beneficial way.
That's not to excuse bad behavior. I just have no idea what the particulars are in this case, which is good for me. I try to ignore lama dramas as much as possible.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

DENZONG wrote:IF THERE IS A CLAUSE OR TWO??? What do you know about the situation out here. And for heaven’s sake stop saying that our Chogyal (The Religious Ruler of Sikkim) is lucky. YOUR KHEMPO who claims himself to be a Rinpoche and a Lineage holder of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup which he is absolutely not, is so lucky that he could come to Sikkim (Dejong: The Hidden Valley) and get a institute to take care of which was already set up by the Chogyal, and the KHEMPO took absolute advantage of it. After staying here for a while he slowly started to understand that Sikkimese people are not so much aware of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup, which is actually the integral part of our society and is very much a gift from Dejong to the rest of the world. So, knowing the ignorance of people, your KHEMPO (not Rinpoche) started to call himself the lineage holder of this Yogic Form, and then started gathering followers from the WEST, plp like him will only turn towards the west as there is no capital in African countries or the Eastern Europe or the Sub-Continent…
He is spreading Dharma, that a great deed, but his way of doing is absolutely wrong. He is slowly injecting his students in major monasteries of Sikkim, and slowly all the important monasteries will be under his control, and he will be the ultimate guru of Sikkim!!! Which is so wrong!! for us and not for you.
In the Royal Chapel there is a sheda for smaller monks, and a year back all the students and the two teachers left the Sheda, and the reason – Three Tulkus were brought from Mysore, who were the recognised reincarnations of the disciples of Latsung Chempo (the discoverer of Rinzin Sogdrup). So the two teachers were already there and they were not liking the fact that they had to stay under Tulkus, so they revolt and took their loyal students, and these students chased away all the smaller monks and bashed up the ones who were not with them. And finally they (two teachers) called upon the representatives from Pemayangtse Monastery to hand over the Sheda to Pemayangtse Monastery, knowing that the property belongs to the Royals they did that. Now, as said before Pemayangtse Monastery is coming under the control of YOUR KHEMPO as he’s been injecting his students in that Monastery, so under that agreement he can control the Royal Sheda as it was getting out of control from the hands of those two teachers, and these two revolt teachers are special disciples of YOUR KHEMPO….
M quite sure YOU are going to support him in all the way, but when it boils down to Sikkim, we won’t tolerate such kind of idiotic behaviour.
And lastly:
What do you know about the Sikkimese Tradition?? You must be one of those people living somewhere ……near Atacama or somewhere in the West, and first generation practising the dharma. Living there and commenting has been a very old practice of plp like you. We don’t care about ur dollars $$$$. We can totally take care of our monks and our Dharma, its because of plp like YOUR KHEMPO that u all make unnecessary donations and its because of ur Blood Dollars that u all get a very special place to sit and listen to his speech or preach..Ask urself if u r really so special to get his preaching??? Why doesn’t he go to countries like Swaziland, Somalia, where peace is required the most???? Please don’t talk about YOUR DOLLARS I hate this word!! this thing has totally corrupted the society and has given birth to people like YOUR KHEMPO… And you are also talking all about sponsors and money and marketing. Please stop polluting our Dharma. Please don’t let our DHARMA BE A DRAMA!!!
I am pretty familiar with Sikkim, it's culture and traditions, though I myself am indeed a "first generation Buddhist." But you do yourself a disservice by your confrontational tone. Money and power were ever strong motivators, in Tibet, and Sikkim, and Bhutan, as well as everywhere else, and these sorts of power struggles and coups are pretty much the defacto thread of Central Asian Buddhist history.

Is what you're saying, that this Lama is consciously importing lamas to take over the monasteries of Denjong? If this is true, it sounds as though Sikkimese, some of them at least, know this. For instance, since you've brought up Pemayangste, what is Yangthang Tulku's position on this, do you know?
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

DENZONG wrote:IF THERE IS A CLAUSE OR TWO??? What do you know about the situation out here. And for heaven’s sake stop saying that our Chogyal (The Religious Ruler of Sikkim) is lucky. YOUR KHEMPO who claims himself to be a Rinpoche and a Lineage holder of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup which he is absolutely not, is so lucky that he could come to Sikkim (Dejong: The Hidden Valley) and get a institute to take care of which was already set up by the Chogyal, and the KHEMPO took absolute advantage of it. After staying here for a while he slowly started to understand that Sikkimese people are not so much aware of Dzongchen Rinzin Sogdrup, which is actually the integral part of our society and is very much a gift from Dejong to the rest of the world. So, knowing the ignorance of people, your KHEMPO (not Rinpoche) started to call himself the lineage holder of this Yogic Form, and then started gathering followers from the WEST, plp like him will only turn towards the west as there is no capital in African countries or the Eastern Europe or the Sub-Continent…
And lastly:
YOUR KHEMPO, our DHARMA, YOUR DOLLARS, ur blood dollars... firstly, this isn't "MY KHEMPO!!!"....and this isn't my first rodeo... I don't have any KHEMPO, I'm not this person's boss, Chadral Rinpoche is his root Guru, so if you have a beef with Chadral Rinpoche's heart son that's up to you, I know I wouldn't want to take on someone so devoted to Chadral Rinpoche like you have here, and that's all I have to say about this.

Return to “Nyingma”