Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche

yeshegyaltsen

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

I think he just passed away. Can anybody confirm this? Or know the details? Please post if you do.
Thanks
emaho

Re: Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche

Post by emaho »

Unfortunately I've heard the same. It's going round on facebook that he passed away at 2:30 last night in Bodhgaya. I can see on facebook that his students share the message (there's a closed facebook group of his students). Seems to be true. Very sad.

P.S.: but I haven't found an official source either.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
yeshegyaltsen

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

Thanks for the info. And, yes it's very sad news. Please post if you hear anything else, and I'll do the same.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Word was sent out by Khenpo Sonam in Los Angeles, I'll excerpt some
here:

Alas! With a heavy heart I convey the sad news of His Holiness Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche dissolving into Dharmadhatu. He was in Bodhgaya to lead the Nyingma Mönlam Chenmo 2016 or the Nyingma Great Prayer Ceremony scheduled for early January 2016. I was informed that he was circumambulating the Mahabodhi Stupa last night but this morning he passed away.

It is unfortunate that great masters of our lineage are passing away but it is one way they teach us who are lost thinking everything is permanent. Many of us have connected with His Holiness through sacred Dharma. Last year we had the amazing fortune of His Holiness blessing us with teachings and transmissions. He made vast aspirations for us Dharma practitioners of Los Angeles.

At this moment it is crucial that we meditate reflecting on the teaching that he taught us and merge our awareness with his stainless Dharmakaya
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
heart

Post by heart »

yeshegyaltsen wrote:I think he just passed away. Can anybody confirm this? Or know the details? Please post if you do.
Thanks
Tulku Dakpa posted this on facebook a few hours ago:

སྔ་འགྱུར་བསྟན་པ་རྒྱ་མཚོའི་མངའ་བདག་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་སྟག་ལུང་རྩེ་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་མཆོག་དགོངས་ཆོས་དབྱིངས་སུ་ཐིམ་པའི་ཡིད་སྐྱོའི་གདུང་བ་སེལ་ཕྱིར་སློབ་ཚོགས་མཆོག་ཀུན་གྱིས་གྱེར་བདེའི་བླ་མའི་རྣལ་འབྱོར་བསྡུས་པ་འདི་བཞིན་གསོལ་བདེབས་གནངབར་ཞུ།
With great sadness I have received the news that His Holiness Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche entered parinirvana in Bodhgaya this morning. It's very important for all the students of His Holiness to at least do this short Guru Yoga written by His Holiness himself.
༄༅། །དུས་གསུམ་སངས་རྒྱས་འདུས་པའི་ངོ་བོ་ཉིད། །
DU SUM SNGYEE DUI PAI NGO BO NYID
Karma Badra, the Union of all Buddhas of three times,
དྲན་པའི་གདུང་སེལ་ཀརྨ་བྷ་དྲ་ལ། །
DRAN PAI DUNG SEL KAR MA BHA DRA LA
And alleviator of all sufferings,
གསོལ་བ་འདེབས་སོ་བདག་རྒྱུད་བྱིན་གྱིས་རློབས། །
SOL BA DHEB SO DHAG GYUD JIN GYEE LHOB
To you I supplication, please bless me
ཀ་དག་ལྷུན་གྲུབ་དགོངས་པ་རྟོགས་པ་དང་། །
KA DAG LHUN DRUB GONG PA TOG PA DANG
I may quickly realize the meaning of ultimate nature of awareness,
སྣང་བཞི་མཐར་ཕྱིན་འཇའ་ལུས་འགྲུབ་པར་ཤོག
NGNAG ZHI THAR SHIN JA LUE DRUB PAR SHOG
And accomplish the four visions and attain rainbow body!
།ཅེས་པ་སྔ་འགྱུར་བསྟན་པ་རྒྱ་མཚོའི་མངའ་བདག་མཚན་བརྗོད་པ་བཀའ་བ་དོན་གྱི་ཕྱིར་དུ་མཚན་ནས་སྨྲོས་ཏེ་གསོལ་བ་འདེབས་ན་༧སྐྱབས་རྗེ་སྟག་ལུང་རྩེ་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་བཤད་སྒྲུབ་ཉིན་བྱེད་ཕྲིན་ལས་དཔལ་བཟང་པོ་མཆོག་དགོངས་པ་གཞན་དོན་དུ་གཤེགས་པ་ཡིད་སྐྱོའི་གནས་ཚུལ་གྱི་གདུང་བ་སེལ་ཕྱིར་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཆོག་གི་གསང་བ་ཟབ་མོའི་ཡོན་ཏན་རྒྱ་མཚོར་དྲན་བཞིན་རྗེ་གང་གི་ཞལ་གསུངས་བྱིན་ཅན་གྱི་བླ་མའི་རྣལ་འབྱོར་བསྡུས་པ་འདི་བཏོན་ན་རང་བཞན་གྱི་ཚོགས་རྒྱ་ཆེན་པོ་སྐད་ཅིག་ལ་རྫོགསཏེ་རྒྱུད་ལ་གསང་བ་གསུམ་གྱི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་དངོས་གྲུབ་རྒྱ་མཚོ་ཐོབ་པའི་དགོས་པ་ཡོད་པས་རྗེ་གང་གི་སློབ་ཚོགས་རྣམས་ཀྱིས་དེ་བཞིན་ཐུགས་ལ་ངེས་པ་གནང་བར་ཞུ།། གུས་སློབ་སྤྲུལ་སྐུ་གྲགས་པ་ནས་སྤེལ།། །།
The Lord and Dharma king of infinite doctrines of Ngagyur Nyingma Lineage,though it is hard to declare by his real name, but for the sake of good reason, I supplicate to all disciples by declaring his real name-His Holiness Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche Shedrup Nyinjed thrinley Palzangpo who has just (today) left for other pure realms - to recite, by remembering his supreme qualities, this Guru Yoga prayer composed by His Holiness himself which is powerful enough to instantly empowers your body, speech and mind with blessings and accumulate ocean of merits.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Punya

Post by Punya »

From Her Eminence Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche:
THE PASSING OF KYABJE TSETRUL RINPOCHE
The crown ornament of the sublime Ancient Translation School, the Wish-fulfilling Jewel, the Lord of Refuge, Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche, passed into parinirvana on this day, December 23rd, 2015. Kyabje Rinpoche displayed the final activity of transferring his enlightened intention to another realm in order to turn the minds of those to be tamed towards the dharma. He remained in this world for 89 years, spreading immeasurable benefit and happiness for beings.With hearts united in devotion, the entire sangha of Mindrolling is performing all the ceremonies for Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche's parinirvana.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Punya

Post by Punya »

From Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche:
It is with deep sorrow that I regret to inform all our dharma brothers and sisters that the Sixth Nyingmapa Head, Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche, has passed into Parinirvana today. I request all my dear dharma friends to please practice Guru Yoga and pray for the swift and good rebirth of His Holiness.It is through our merit and unwavering dedication that we have had the great fortune of receiving His Holiness' guidance and blessings. We must remember that the Guru truly never leaves us. 
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

This is from Tulku Dakpa's facebook page, briefly introduce Kyabje Rinpoche's life and passing away.

Lord of the Hundred Families, the Glorious Guru Kyabje Taklung Tsetul Rinpoche, displayed the activity of dissolving his enlightened intention into dharmata at Vajrasana—the supreme place.
Kyabje Taklung Tsetul Rinpoche was born into the deva lineage called Samye Lhadong to his father Namgyal Dorje and mother Dorje Dolma who was endowed with the marks of a dakini. Kyabje Rinpoche took birth on the 13th day of the 3rd month of the Tibetan Year 2053 (25th April 1926) amidst wondrous signs and omens.
At the age of 5, the ninth Dodrak Rigzin and Chuzang Rinpoche Padma Ngedön Tenpa'i Nyima recognized Kyabje Rinpoche as a superior being and enthroned him. At the age of eight, Kyabje Rinpoche undertook his Dharma training at Thubten Dorje Drak monastery memorizing texts, studying ritual melodies, ritual dances, torma making and so forth. Kyabje Rinpoche received his shramanera vows from Minling Dordzin Namdrol Gyatso and his bhikshu ordination from Minling Khenchen Ngawang Khyentse Norbu. From Pawo Rinpoche, the master of Gyaling Assembly in Lhokha Dranang Valley, Kyabje Rinpoche studied grammar, vinaya, abhidharma, the Five Dharmas of Maitreya, Madhyamaka and so forth and also received the empowerment, reading transmission and instructions of the luminous Dzogchen Longchen Nyingthik. From Gosar Khenchen Thegchok Tenzin and Gotsha Choktul, Kyabje Rinpoche received the ripening abhishekas and liberating instructions along with the reading transmissions of the entire Northern Treasures. Kyabje Rinpoche also received immeasurable profound dharma transmissions of the Ngagyur Nyingma lineage from great masters such as the Sixth Shechen Rabjam, Gyalwang Karmapa, Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje, Kyabje Khyentse Vajradhara, Polu Khenpo and so forth and merged with the essence of these practices.
After having arrived in exile in India, Kyabje Rinpoche established the Thubten Dorje Drak monastery in Shimla in North India and the branch monastery in Ladakh. At the request and aspiration of those to be tamed to turn the profound and vast wheel of Dharma, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the entire abhishekas and reading transmissions of Ngagyur Kama and very extensive and detailed Rinchen Terdzöd at the Mindrolling Monastery in India. At the Shechen Monastery in Nepal, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the entire Northern Treasures transmissions and the two volumes of Ngari Panchen's Kagyed Yongdü to Kyabje Khyentse Rinpoche and the gathered assembly. At the Drugung Jangchubling Monastery, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the abhishekas along with the reading transmissions of the Nine Volumes of Kagyed Derdüd to Kyabgön Chetsang Rinpoche and the gathered assembly. At Namdroling Monastery, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the ripening abhisheka along with the concluding sections of Jangter Thugchen Drowa Kundrol and the reading transmission of Rinchen Terdzöd to Drubwang Penor Rinpoche and Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche. At the Lhodrak Kharchu Monastery in Bhutan, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the entire transmissions of the Rinchen Terdzöd along with the concluding sections to Kyabje Namkha'i Nyingpo Rinpoche and an assembly of over three thousand people. At the shedra of Khetsun Zangpo in Nepal, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the entire Ngagyur Kama transmissions. In this way, Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed the The Three Sadhana Cycles fifteen times, the entire Northern Treasures transmissions seven times, Gongpa Zangthal numerous times, the entire Longchen Nyingthik cycle once and the Three Root Nyingthik teachings numerous times all over the world in various places in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Ladakh, Europe, the United States and so forth.
Kyabje Rinpoche also turned the vast and immeasurable Wheel of Dharma in accordance with the wishes and inclinations of those to be tamed by bestowing the transmissions and teachings of The Collected Nyingma Tantras and Lonchenpa's Seven Treasuries. Kyabje Rinpoche bestowed experiential instructions on Gongpa Zangthal and ripening instructions on Khriyig Yeshe Lama to hundreds of supremely fortunate disciples. Over a thousand received full bhikshu ordination from Kyabje Rinpoche. Through having truly accomplished the complete approach of perfect ordination, Kyabje Rinpoche rekindled the fire of the Buddhadharma in general and the sacred Vinaya teachings in particular.
In short, Kyabje Rinpoche with his outward manifestation of mastery of the pratimokhsha was the captivating sovereign of all vow holders. His inner manifestation of his wisdom mind fully immersed with bodhicitta nurtured all beings like a mother with an only child. His secret manifestation was that of a supreme yogi of the development and completion stages and Dzogpa Chenpo. In this way, as the great Threefold Vajraholder, Kyabje Rinpoche accomplished vast activities of benefit to the teachings and all beings.
In 2013, at the collected supplication of all following the Nyingma tradition led by the various lineages in India, Nepal and Bhutan to accept the title of the Head of the Nyingma School, Kyabje Rinpoche accepted the request with great compassion. In order to accomplish vast activities of benefit of the Buddhadharma, Kyabje Rinpoche unceasingly fulfilled the numerous supplications from monasteries and groups of people by presiding over 100 million Vajra Guru Mantra accumulations, consecrations of sacred representations, bestowing teachings and abhishekas and so forth. Kyabje Rinpoche recently travelled to the supreme place of Bodh Gaya to fulfil a longstanding request to consecrate and inaugurate a Vajrakilaya temple. Then, Rinpoche travelled to Southern India and visited sacred places such as Sri Parvata and so forth in great detail and then again returned to Bodh Gaya in good health to preside over the Nyingma Monlam. In the mornings and evenings, Kyabje Rinpoche circumambulated the Mahabodhi Stupa and offered many prayers before it. On the tenth day of the elventh month, Kyabje Rinpoche, along with a few students, performed a ganacakra offering before the Great Mahabodhi Stupa and was thus in usual good health.
On the 13th day, Kyabje Rinpoche woke up a little earlier than usual and having completed his morning session, at around 2.30am, displayed his final activity of dissolving the rupakaya into peace.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

As you can read and might have heard, Kyabje Rinpoche didn't show any sign of illness before passing into dharmata. Usually he gets up at 3:30 to do his morning session; on that day he got up at 1:30 and started the session earlier. He only left after he completed it.

Some of us have evidenced how Rinpoche sometimes magically recovered from the appeared illness. When he was in Poland several years ago, there was some serious heart problem bothering him and he was sent to Prague as an emergency. However in one or two weeks he came back and performed hours and hours of rituals and teachings. In Helsinki, in resting day Rinpoche sometimes seemed tired and napping in the middle of whatever, but on the days of teaching, he started preparation in the morning, giving glung after lunch time, and then give five hours of empowerment, without showing any sign of tireness. Two years ago again in Poland, he gave the full cycle of Longchen Nyingthig, both wang (including preparation) and glung all by himself! Can you imagine how much work it was for a 87 years old person? But he didn't look tired at all. Truly incredible.

Return to “Nyingma”