Longchen Nyingtig Initiation

XXIlluminatingVoid72

Longchen Nyingtig Initiation

Post by XXIlluminatingVoid72 »

Hello Dharma community,

I am wondering if I could get some input regarding how I could get the lung and wang for the Longchen Nyingtik sadhanas. Let me give you some background. I have learned from some lamas in the Kagyu tradition, got some basic empowerments for Guru Rinpoche, Chenrezig, but haven't been able to stay in contact with them. However, by myself I study and practice a lot, I do Ngondro, study lojong, guru yoga, vipassana and shamata, read voraciously all the great lamas and translations coming out, meditate in most of my free time. I am wondering, if I found a lama who gives this teaching (how would I do this), what the process is to receive the empowerments. Would I need to study under them for years or what is the general process? Could I simply ask a lama and receive the instruction? Sorry if my questions are ignorant! I admit I am much more ignorant than many here which is why I am asking for assistance. Thank you
Karma_Yeshe

Re: Longchen Nyingtig Initiation

Post by Karma_Yeshe »

XXIlluminatingVoid72 wrote:Hello Dharma community,

I am wondering if I could get some input regarding how I could get the lung and wang for the Longchen Nyingtik sadhanas. Let me give you some background. I have learned from some lamas in the Kagyu tradition, got some basic empowerments for Guru Rinpoche, Chenrezig, but haven't been able to stay in contact with them. However, by myself I study and practice a lot, I do Ngondro, study lojong, guru yoga, vipassana and shamata, read voraciously all the great lamas and translations coming out, meditate in most of my free time. I am wondering, if I found a lama who gives this teaching (how would I do this), what the process is to receive the empowerments. Would I need to study under them for years or what is the general process? Could I simply ask a lama and receive the instruction? Sorry if my questions are ignorant! I admit I am much more ignorant than many here which is why I am asking for assistance. Thank you
Hello,

first of all it would help if you tell us where you live and how far you could travel for how long.

All the best!
Karma Yeshe
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

XXIlluminatingVoid72 wrote:Hello Dharma community,

If you are in Europe, I suggest you get in touch with Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche, he is a great teacher and does teach LN to his students, provided that, they are serious about their practice. He lives in Finland but also travels to Scandinavian countries, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Belgium on more or less regular basis.
XXIlluminatingVoid72

I live on the west coast of Canada, near Vancouver. If I needed to travel somewhere on this side of the continent I could find some time, say a couple weeks.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

You might want to contact Kilung Rinpoche's group, which is based in Whidbey Island, WA. See: http://www.pemakilaya.org/. I know that they practice the LN there. I have not been there, but I have received teachings from KR and I can definitely recommend him. He has a very powerful presence, speaks English fluently and seems to be very kind and approachable.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
XXIlluminatingVoid72

dzogchungpa wrote:You might want to contact Kilung Rinpoche's group, which is based in Whidbey Island, WA. See: http://www.pemakilaya.org/. I know that they practice the LN there. I have not been there, but I have received teachings from KR and I can definitely recommend him. He has a very powerful presence, speaks English fluently and seems to be very kind and approachable.
That could be a great option, it's nearby. Thanks a lot. I'll look into it.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Dza Kilung doesn't hold back.
XXIlluminatingVoid72 wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:You might want to contact Kilung Rinpoche's group, which is based in Whidbey Island, WA. See: http://www.pemakilaya.org/. I know that they practice the LN there. I have not been there, but I have received teachings from KR and I can definitely recommend him. He has a very powerful presence, speaks English fluently and seems to be very kind and approachable.
That could be a great option, it's nearby. Thanks a lot. I'll look into it.
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Yes, Kilung Rinpoche is good.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I just thought of another place, practically in your backyard, that you might want to look into,
Lingtrul Rinpoche's centre: http://www.kathokcentre.ca/.
I am not so familiar with him but I know that he is an important Nyingma master and that the main practice there is LN.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

dzogchungpa wrote:I just thought of another place, practically in your backyard, that you might want to look into,
I am not so familiar with him but I know that he is an important Nyingma master and that the main practice there is LN.
Anyone who considers Khenpo Münsel Rinpoche to be their root guru and received Dzogchen instructions from him is good in my book! Kyabjé Garchen Rinpoche and Traga Rinpoche fall into this category alongside Lingtrul Rinpoche.

Also, in my limited experience, Kat'hok lamas seem to be very good teachers in general. Khentrul Lodrö T'hayé Rinpoche was very thorough, obviously very knowledgeable both intellectually and experientially, and always stuck to the heart of the matter. If Lingtrul Rinpoche is anything like that, I'd highly recommend you go soak up as much as you possibly can!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

You cannot go wrong with Lingtrul Rinpoche.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
XXIlluminatingVoid72

dzogchungpa wrote:I just thought of another place, practically in your backyard, that you might want to look into,
Oh wow, that is in my backyard! Thank you so much, I can't believe I haven't heard of this place. I will be contacting them soon. Thanks to others for their confirmation of this teacher. This is exactly what I was looking for. Many blessings
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

XXIlluminatingVoid72 wrote:
Oh wow, that is in my backyard! Thank you so much, I can't believe I haven't heard of this place. I will be contacting them soon. Thanks to others for their confirmation of this teacher. This is exactly what I was looking for. Many blessings
My pleasure. :smile:
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

I am in the same status with this posting owner. Could you recommend LN teachers in Asia, speaking English?
full.autumn.moon

Post by full.autumn.moon »

I am in the same status with this posting owner. Could you recommend LN teachers in Asia, speaking English?
You could request Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche. He generally bestows the LNN lung if requested. He also has an online community practicing the LN Ngondro under his guidance. Its called the ngondro gar.
Good luck.
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

full.autumn.moon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:21 pm
You could request Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche. He generally bestows the LNN lung if requested. He also has an online community practicing the LN Ngondro under his guidance. Its called the ngondro gar.
Good luck.
Thanks for your information. How can I request the LUNG? Should I visit the monastery or any other ways?

And are there any recommended teachers in East Asia?
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Good luck.
Thanks for your information. How can I request the LUNG? Should I visit the monastery or any other ways?

https://ngondrogar.org/en/contact_us

You can try contacting them, I think it was mentioned that it is okay for someone to begin the ngondro with the intention of getting the lung asap in the future.
It would be better to contact them to confirm this before you start though.
full.autumn.moon

Post by full.autumn.moon »

Good luck.

Yes. Best to contact them directly. There are few of Rinpoche's senior students who guide practitioners on ngondrogar. They can answer your questions. Its quite a supportive place to practice with guidance and material.
If you attend a teaching by Rinpoche in person you can request the lung as well.
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

full.autumn.moon wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Yes. Best to contact them directly. There are few of Rinpoche's senior students who guide practitioners on ngondrogar. They can answer your questions. Its quite a supportive place to practice with guidance and material.
If you attend a teaching by Rinpoche in person you can request the lung as well.
Deepest thanks on you.

Return to “Nyingma”