Nyingma in London

SuryaMitra

Re: Nyingma in London

Post by SuryaMitra »

Hi, I strongly recommend you to visit Dzogchen Community and Palyul Center. All the best.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

SuryaMitra wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 pm Hi, I strongly recommend you to visit Dzogchen Community and Palyul Center. All the best.
I am already in DC now. I had contacted Palyul by email a few months ago to ask about events or general information but I didn't receive a reply. Maybe the email they have on the website is not working anymore.
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

Have you heard of James Low? He's based in the UK. He is an authorized teacher in the Byangter (Northern Treasures) and Khordong lineages of Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche (CR Lama).

Here are his upcoming events, all in various parts of Europe:

http://www.simplybeing.co.uk/events/

Looks like he'll be in London soon: a public talk on 19 Jan., followed by a teaching weekend 20-21 Jan.

You can find a lot of his past teachings for free on Vimeo.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Spelare wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:58 am Have you heard of James Low? He's based in the UK. He is an authorized teacher in the Byangter (Northern Treasures) and Khordong lineages of Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche (CR Lama).

Here are his upcoming events, all in various parts of Europe:

http://www.simplybeing.co.uk/events/

Looks like he'll be in London soon: a public talk on 19 Jan., followed by a teaching weekend 20-21 Jan.

You can find a lot of his past teachings for free on Vimeo.
I have seen him mentioned here a few times. Thanks, I will take a look.
Guru Dragpo

Post by Guru Dragpo »

Russell

Post by Russell »

For events in Dzogchen community centre in London see here:
https://www.lekdanling.org/whats-on/
SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

Aryjna wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 pm
SuryaMitra wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 pm Hi, I strongly recommend you to visit Dzogchen Community and Palyul Center. All the best.
I am already in DC now. I had contacted Palyul by email a few months ago to ask about events or general information but I didn't receive a reply. Maybe the email they have on the website is not working anymore.
Go to Palyul UK on Facebook, you will learn about all events. You can also check my group on FB "Dharma Events-London" where I am doing my best to post about all Dharma related events in London. :namaste:
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Lingpupa wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:34 am
Aryjna wrote:Regarding lingminchalearning.com, there are courses one can follow there, some are free some not.

There is a beginner course for meditation, which consists mostly of videos. It includes tsa lung and a practice called the nine breathings, which involves some visualization of the channels.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with them. It seems a bit weird to me that these do not require some kind of empowerment or transmission.
Everyone does things differently, and what is hard and fast in one tradition is not necessarily so in another. And the thing is that Lingmincha is Bön, not Nyingma. Some Bönpos say Bön is Buddhist, some don't; some Buddhists sat Bön is Buddhist, some don't. Anyway, for all the "borrowing" back and forth, Bön is at least a different lineage.
I'm visiting London myself for a few weeks to speak with a Bon Dzogchen master named Khemsar Rinpoche. I've been exploring buddhism for a few years in Asia, and I personally think he's an amazing teacher.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Best Lama in London is Lelung Rinpoche. He is a high Nyingma Tulku.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Toenail wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 pm Best Lama in London is Lelung Rinpoche. He is a high Nyingma Tulku.
I didn't know about the existence of this centre before. It is strange that I never heard of it. It seems interesting http://www.lelung.org/
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

he good
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Toenail wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:14 pm Image
he good
:D I will probably go take a look as soon as there is something planned.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Yeah, you don't want no problem with him.

Kevin..
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:06 pm
Toenail wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 pm Best Lama in London is Lelung Rinpoche. He is a high Nyingma Tulku.
I didn't know about the existence of this centre before. It is strange that I never heard of it. It seems interesting http://www.lelung.org/
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Losal Samten wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm
Aryjna wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:06 pm
Thanks
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Lelung Rinpoche is a gelug tulku although he holds the 5th Dalai Lama's visionary teachings among other Nyingma teachings.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Lelung Rinpoche is a gelug tulku although he holds the 5th Dalai Lama's visionary teachings among other Nyingma teachings.
Yes, he studied in Drepung, I thought he is Gelug but maybe a tulku of a Nyingma master. It seems Lelung Shyepe Dorje was Gelug/Nyingma according to rigpawiki. But, for all intents and purposes, Lelung Rinpoche seems to be a Gelugpa. There are two teaching/retreat weekends scheduled for the first half of September.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:43 am
Lobsang Chojor wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Yes, he studied in Drepung, I thought he is Gelug but maybe a tulku of a Nyingma master. It seems Lelung Shyepe Dorje was Gelug/Nyingma according to rigpawiki. But, for all intents and purposes, Lelung Rinpoche seems to be a Gelugpa. There are two teaching/retreat weekends scheduled for the first half of September.
He is meant to be an excellent teacher, I'd like to do one of his retreats one day. His incarnation lineage has a strong connection with the practice of the 5th Dalai Lama's visionary teachings which are sometimes classified as Nyingma and sometimes Gelug.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Lelung Rinpoche's incarnation lineage goes back to Drupchen Namkha Gyaltsen, Tsongkhapa's Nyingma and Dzogchen teacher. He also taught Tsongkhapa lamrim, iirc. He was seen (by Tsongkhapa and others) as an emanation of Vajrapani.
Lelung Shepai Dorje's Nyingma credentials include more than just his connection to the Great Fifth's termas. Shepai Dorje was a terton as well. His main terma was a cycle related to Dakini Sangwa Yeshe.
When gelug backing mongolians were busy destroying nyingma gompas, Lelung Shepai Dorje did a lot to preserve the nyingma texts and save lineages and teachings from being destroyed.
Lelung Shepai Dorje was a controversial figure criticised for introducing consort practice to the monastic community. dogyal supporting Gelugpas like Trijang Rinpoche praised their protector for stopping Shepai Dorje and punishing all of his subsequent incarnations. Even mainstream Gelug lamas like HH Dalai Lama havw been very critical of Lelung Shepai Dorje. I've heard Nyingma lamas sing his praises.
I've not attended any of Lelung Rinpoche's teachings. I only met him at a counter-demonstration against the NKT. I heard he tends to teach westerners basic meditation rather than pass on his lineage's terma, but I don't know if that's true.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

michaelb wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:25 pm I've not attended any of Lelung Rinpoche's teachings. I only met him at a counter-demonstration against the NKT. I heard he tends to teach westerners basic meditation rather than pass on his lineage's terma, but I don't know if that's true.
He says that in the documentary too at 12:25

This does not sound like it makes much sense, as there is nothing that should be preventing the UK students from creating a basic understanding of dharma. This documentary is a few years old though, so maybe now it is different.

Return to “Nyingma”