Longchen Nyingthig to Dudjom to Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Josef

Longchen Nyingthig to Dudjom to Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Post by Josef »

I'm curious about the lineage of transmission tracing the Longchen Nyingthig back from Kunzang Dechen Lingpa.
Did he receive it from Dujom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje?
Did Dudjom Rinpoche receive it from Khyentse Chokyi Lodro and Chatral Rinpoche?

We can easily find many lineage charts for the LN but the crossover would be interesting discussion.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
pemachophel

Re: Longchen Nyingthig to Dudjom to Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Post by pemachophel »

Not sure about your specific questions, but I received the LN Three Roots from H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche. So for sure He did transmit this lineage.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Regarding Dudjom Rinpoche, "Light of Fearless Indestructible Wisdom"gives the following information:

1. From Ling Lama Orgyen Chöjor Gyatso he received introduction to and practice instructions on the Longchen Nyingthig ngöndro.
2. From Gyurme Phende Özer, also known as Jampal Dewé Nyima, he received the empowerments, transmissions, and pith instructions for the Root Sadhanas of the Longchen Nyingthig (klong chen snying thig rtsa pod) of Jigme Lingpa.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm Regarding Dudjom Rinpoche, "Light of Fearless Indestructible Wisdom"gives the following information:

1. From Ling Lama Orgyen Chöjor Gyatso he received introduction to and practice instructions on the Longchen Nyingthig ngöndro.
2. From Gyurme Phende Özer, also known as Jampal Dewé Nyima, he received the empowerments, transmissions, and pith instructions for the Root Sadhanas of the Longchen Nyingthig (klong chen snying thig rtsa pod) of Jigme Lingpa.
That's more along the lines of what I am interested in.
We all know he had the transmissions, I'm just curious to learn more about connecting the dots.
Thanks!
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Nyingma”