Short Dudjom v Longchen Nyingthik ngondro

DannyDevitoFan

Short Dudjom v Longchen Nyingthik ngondro

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

Are there any major differences between the short dudjom tersar ngondro and outer longchen nyingthik ngondro?
dzogchungpa

Re: Short Dudjom v Longchen Nyingthik ngondro

Post by dzogchungpa »

Well, the refuge verse in the LNN is much more interesting.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Well, longchen nyingthig has way way way longer sadhana, or at least the one I saw was way longer than the sadhana of short Dudjom ngöndro I saw.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

csmorg96 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 am Are there any major differences between the short dudjom tersar ngondro and outer longchen nyingthik ngondro?
The Longchen Nyingthik Ngondro is lengthier and more detailed.

The Short dudjom tersar is condensed, and is very brief. However it contains all of the same meaning and blessing.

If you would like something more comparable in terms of detail, The Long Tersar ngondro is quite beautiful as well. The long tersar ngondro is what HH Dudjom rinpoche's ngondro commentary Torch lighting the way to freedom is based on.

There are some good commentaries on the nyingthik Ngondro by HH Dilgo khyentse rinpoche and Dzongsar jamyang khyentse rinpoche. Also, Words of my perfect teacher by Dza patrul rinpoche is a classic.

Several Tersar teachers have also given teachings on the Short Tersar ngondro which you can find if you are looking to practice this Ngondro.

I would say it comes down to your own personal preference, see what you connect with, and in some cases your teacher will recommend which version is better for you.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Ask your Teacher.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Nyingma”