Garchen Nyingtig Yabshi Germany 2018 Questions

Thomas Amundsen

Re: Garchen Nyingtig Yabshi Germany 2018 Questions

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Related: I saw an email saying that Tulku Sangngag is going to bestow the Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe, New Mexico this coming November.
Pero

Post by Pero »

amanitamusc wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am
MiphamFan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 am
Pero wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 pm
Wow! When you say "one of his", you mean Garchen Rinpoche or Jigme Phuntosk's?
Khenpo Jigphun I mean.
A few of the Tibetans staying at the Garchen Institute have teachings from KJPR but i don't know if any have that particular one.
Does anyone know the title of this manual?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

Maybe you can ask mutsuk, I can't find the post here, maybe it was on VC.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Pero wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 am
amanitamusc wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am
MiphamFan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 am
Khenpo Jigphun I mean.
A few of the Tibetans staying at the Garchen Institute have teachings from KJPR but i don't know if any have that particular one.
Does anyone know the title of this manual?

I didn't know one existed.
fckw

Post by fckw »

Yeti wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 pm When someone asked Tulku Pema Wangyal about the benefits of this transmission... he said... the benefits will appear during one's journey in the bardo.
I don't mean to sound dismissing, but when I hear someone tell me that the benefits of a given practice will be reaped during bardo - I am not interested at all. What help is this to me in this current form? Why should I care more about a bodyless form in the bardo realm who, according to Buddhist theory, is not even "me" anymore, but just some karmic imprints traveling through the bardo like a lonely asteroid is travelling through space and time? Why should I care more about that form during bardo than about the current form in this body?

(Of course you're going to tell me that I got it all wrong, and that it's not at all what said tulku really meant and so on. But is it really?)
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

fckw wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pm
Yeti wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 pm When someone asked Tulku Pema Wangyal about the benefits of this transmission... he said... the benefits will appear during one's journey in the bardo.
I don't mean to sound dismissing, but when I hear someone tell me that the benefits of a given practice will be reaped during bardo - I am not interested at all. What help is this to me in this current form? Why should I care more about a bodyless form in the bardo realm who, according to Buddhist theory, is not even "me" anymore, but just some karmic imprints traveling through the bardo like a lonely asteroid is travelling through space and time? Why should I care more about that form during bardo than about the current form in this body?

(Of course you're going to tell me that I got it all wrong, and that it's not at all what said tulku really meant and so on. But is it really?)
So why do you care what happens to you tomorrow, which is just a fantasy at this point? Or, if you do not care about the next life (which it appears that you don't if you do not care about how you do in the bardo), or for Buddhahood which can be attained in the bardo, then why do you practice?
Pero

Post by Pero »

I think maybe it means that you will see the benefits in the bardo without practicing (that is, just by receiving the empowerments). But if you want benefits in this life then practice what is in the NY in this life.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

When one is in the bardo, during the first three weeks, one definitely remembers who one was, etc. When we talk about waking up in the bardo, it is means that when we become aware during the bardo of dharmatā, which happens scant moments after we are dead from a Buddhist pov, we still have knowledge of our practice, our identity in this life, etc.

M
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

I'm quite sure, in my own case, that even though I'm doing very basic vajrayana practices, there are ripenings occuring from various empowerments that are associated with those practices. So I take this statement as that even though one may not have done this main practice in this lifetime, the accumulation of all ones practice, will ripen in a way, that having this empowerment during the bardo of dying will be of great benefit.

Also, in the tradition I am in, one has to do a lot of preliminary practices, lots of 3 roots, some tsalung, and trecho before doing either the Khandro Nyingthik or the Vimila Nyingthik within the Nyingthik Yagshi.

Great if you aspire to traverse this path fully in this lifetimes. Thumbs up all round. :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Oh I am glad to be back.

Some points:
Nyingthig Yabzhi is serious stuffs, very high level of teachings. My very important guru used to tell me, if you receive Nyingthig Yabzhi from (another great lama now passed), you should see him as your uncommon root guru. Of course your lama might say differently, but the principle is that its not a common tantric empowerment and you will have an unique relationship with that guru, forever.

I dont remember Khenpo Jigpung has "Nyingthig Yabzhi practice mannuel" in the index of his works. I know there is Lama Yangthig, important part of Nyingthig Yabzhi translated into Chinese almost in full.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Thomas Amundsen wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 am Related: I saw an email saying that Tulku Sangngag is going to bestow the Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe, New Mexico this coming November.
Hi Thomas,  
Could you please give more details ? Or a weblink if the infos are already online ? (I googled... But found nothing)
Thx
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Marc wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:45 pm
Thomas Amundsen wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 am Related: I saw an email saying that Tulku Sangngag is going to bestow the Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe, New Mexico this coming November.
Hi Thomas,  
Could you please give more details ? Or a weblink if the infos are already online ? (I googled... But found nothing)
Thx
PM sent.
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

I've been checking the German site every now and then.

Now it doesn't mention anything about the Nyingthig Yabzhi and the actual schedule just lists 3 days for Dzogchen teachings with Garchen Rinpoche.

So it seems like GR is not giving the Nyingthig Yabzhi.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

fckw wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pmI don't mean to sound dismissing, but when I hear someone tell me that the benefits of a given practice will be reaped during bardo - I am not interested at all. What help is this to me in this current form? Why should I care more about a bodyless form in the bardo realm who, according to Buddhist theory, is not even "me" anymore, but just some karmic imprints traveling through the bardo like a lonely asteroid is travelling through space and time? Why should I care more about that form during bardo than about the current form in this body?
From a geluk perspective nothing done for this life is really buddha-dharma. The lowest scope, according to the lam-rim is aiming for a better afterlife.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

MiphamFan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 am I've been checking the German site every now and then.

Now it doesn't mention anything about the Nyingthig Yabzhi and the actual schedule just lists 3 days for Dzogchen teachings with Garchen Rinpoche.

So it seems like GR is not giving the Nyingthig Yabzhi.
https://www.garchen.de/index.php/en/program/events

It is still there at the bottom of the page.

ratna

Post by ratna »

This seems to be the new schedule. Apparently instead of the NTY4 the program now has Fivefold Mahamudra, teachings on Base, Path and Fruit, and Yumka Dechen Gyalmo.

R
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

ratna wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am This seems to be the new schedule. Apparently instead of the NTY4 the program now has Fivefold Mahamudra, teachings on Base, Path and Fruit, and Yumka Dechen Gyalmo.

R
Thanks
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Is anyone familiar with the Zhilam Drasbu?
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Perhaps Zhi Lam Drä Bu is a bad German attempt at saying teaching on the Ground, Path, and Fruit according to Dzogchen View?

Zhi, base. Lam, path. Drä maybe like "Lam 'bras" path and fruit.

To bad no Nyingthik Yabshi!

Anybody have 2cents to say about Yumkha Dechen Gyalmo Wang? Any unique features etc?

Cheers!
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

bryandavis wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 pm Perhaps Zhi Lam Drä Bu is a bad German attempt at saying teaching on the Ground, Path, and Fruit according to Dzogchen View?

Zhi, base. Lam, path. Drä maybe like "Lam 'bras" path and fruit.

To bad no Nyingthik Yabshi!

Anybody have 2cents to say about Yumkha Dechen Gyalmo Wang? Any unique features etc?

Cheers!
That makes perfect sense - thanks

Yes it’s too bad. Was really looking forward to that

Return to “Nyingma”