Dealing With Afflictions

Motova

Dealing With Afflictions

Post by Motova »

How does each yana deal with each affliction?
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Josef

Re: Dealing With Afflictions

Post by Josef »

This is all dealt with in The Words of My Perfect Teacher and A Guide to the WOMPT.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 am This is all dealt with in The Words of My Perfect Teacher and A Guide to the WOMPT.
So it says this yana deals with ignorance, attachment, anger, pride and jealously these ways etc etc?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Motova wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am
Josef wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 am This is all dealt with in The Words of My Perfect Teacher and A Guide to the WOMPT.
So it says this yana deals with ignorance, attachment, anger, pride and jealously these ways etc etc?
Yes. It covers the afflictions from the scope of different yanas and beings of different capacities while discussing the different outcomes for those dispositions.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 am
Yes. It covers the afflictions from the scope of different yanas and beings of different capacities while discussing the different outcomes for those dispositions.
Can you please tell me the pages?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Motova wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 am

You should read the whole thing.
But in Khenpo Ngakchungs guide you can get information on the defilements in the sections covering the defects of samsara, karma, and benefits of liberation, basically the entire section on the common preliminaries. The same is true in WOMPT.
Both books discuss afflictions, defilements, negative emotions in the context of various different aspects of fundamental dharma and explain how they are approached by different yanas and capacities.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 am
Motova wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 am

You should read the whole thing.
But in Khenpo Ngakchungs guide you can get information on the defilements in the sections covering the defects of samsara, karma, and benefits of liberation, basically the entire section on the common preliminaries. The same is true in WOMPT.
Both books discuss afflictions, defilements, negative emotions in the context of various different aspects of fundamental dharma and explain how they are approached by different yanas and capacities.
Thank you.

Return to “Nyingma”