MiphamFan

Khenpo Sonam of Bhutan - Padgyal Lingpa lineage

Post by MiphamFan »

Thinking of going for the Apang Terton transmissions:

Any info about this lama?
CoconutMan

Re: Khenpo Sonam of Bhutan - Padgyal Lingpa lineage

Post by CoconutMan »

MiphamFan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 am Thinking of going for the Apang Terton transmissions:

Any info about this lama?
He is disciple of Padgyal Lingpa.
As i know, he comes to Singapore almost every year.
Perhaps you can drop by the centre to ask for more information?
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Contact someone on here.
http://www.ewam.org/contact
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

For anyone in the U.S., this teaching will be given in Colorado this year by Drubpön Lama Karma:

http://taramandala.org/programs/12497/e ... e-retreat/

Lama Karma was heart student of Terton Pedgyal Lingpa Rinpoche, and he served as the scribe for the entirety of Pedgyal Lingpa’s Kusum Gongdü treasure cycle.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

This lady that is in charge of all these programme quarreled with Gangteng Rinpoche, continue to use Rinpoche's centre "trademark"- "Yeshe Khorlo" as the centre's name, use it to host all other small names masters programme but Gangteng rinpoche's programme is no longer host by this centre in Singapore. When Rinpoche accepted invitation by other group in Singapore for a Guru Rinpoche's retreat programme, she became jealous, quarrelled with some people who attend the other programme and it maybe the eventual cause that she quarrelled with Rinpoche later.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

WeiHan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm This lady that is in charge of all these programme quarreled with Gangteng Rinpoche, continue to use Rinpoche's centre "trademark"- "Yeshe Khorlo" as the centre's name, use it to host all other small names masters programme but Gangteng rinpoche's programme is no longer host by this centre in Singapore. When Rinpoche accepted invitation by other group in Singapore for a Guru Rinpoche's retreat programme, she became jealous, quarrelled with some people who attend the other programme and it maybe the eventual cause that she quarrelled with Rinpoche later.
Interestingly, Singporeans caused the Singpore Gar of Dzogchen Community to be disbanded last year. How? They quarreled in front of ChNN.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:21 pm
WeiHan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm This lady that is in charge of all these programme quarreled with Gangteng Rinpoche, continue to use Rinpoche's centre "trademark"- "Yeshe Khorlo" as the centre's name, use it to host all other small names masters programme but Gangteng rinpoche's programme is no longer host by this centre in Singapore. When Rinpoche accepted invitation by other group in Singapore for a Guru Rinpoche's retreat programme, she became jealous, quarrelled with some people who attend the other programme and it maybe the eventual cause that she quarrelled with Rinpoche later.
Interestingly, Singporeans caused the Singpore Gar of Dzogchen Community to be disbanded last year. How? They quarreled in front of ChNN.
That must have been a hefty quarrel.

Kevin
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Virgo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Kevin
It was apparently. They had gone to Tenerife to resolve some disputes over integrating with the IDC, but there was one faction that insisted on control of the Gar. So the boss deep-sixed it since they could not get it together.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm
It was apparently. They had gone to Tenerife to resolve some disputes over integrating with the IDC, but there was one faction that insisted on control of the Gar. So the boss deep-sixed it since they could not get it together.
Interesting.

Kevin
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

I was involved in the Singapore DC, from a distance. IMO, it was more due to people having long-standing tensionswith each other over many years rather than anything specifically to do with the IDC, I made a thread ranting on VC some time last year or so after it happened.

Anyway, back to topic, I posted this because I want to get independent opinions on a lama. I think this is perfectly alright and not "speculation". If you get a serious diagnosis you want to get an independent opinion right?
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

Mr. G wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm For anyone in the U.S., this teaching will be given in Colorado this year by Drubpön Lama Karma:

Lama Karma was heart student of Terton Pedgyal Lingpa Rinpoche, and he served as the scribe for the entirety of Pedgyal Lingpa’s Kusum Gongdü treasure cycle.
Could any one provide further details on what exactly the contents of this teaching will be?
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm
Virgo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Kevin
Not sure if related,but when Choyi Nyima Rinpoche came to Singapore last year to give teachings on Heart Sutra, he mentioned that Singaporeans are uptight and tense and I think he seemed to imply that it is not good for dharma practice.

And yeah,I was with the Singapore DC for two before it was disbanded,pretty sad. :crying:
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

MiphamFan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 pm I was involved in the Singapore DC, from a distance. IMO, it was more due to people having long-standing tensionswith each other over many years rather than anything specifically to do with the IDC, I made a thread ranting on VC some time last year or so after it happened.

Anyway, back to topic, I posted this because I want to get independent opinions on a lama. I think this is perfectly alright and not "speculation". If you get a serious diagnosis you want to get an independent opinion right?
He is associated with Ewam Bhutan Development Fund,one of the lamas in front seems to be him:http://www.ewambhutan.org/monastic-supp ... m-iwax0gzl
heart

Post by heart »

csmorg96 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 am
Mr. G wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm For anyone in the U.S., this teaching will be given in Colorado this year by Drubpön Lama Karma:

Could any one provide further details on what exactly the contents of this teaching will be?
It is a terma by Apong Terton based on the seven-line prayer. There is a short sadhana and a very long sadhana.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

I went for the teaching. I found Khenpo Sonam Rinpoche approachable and knowledgeable.

He and his entourage didn't have any English translations of the sadhana though, does anyone know where to get them?
heart

Post by heart »

MiphamFan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm I went for the teaching. I found Khenpo Sonam Rinpoche approachable and knowledgeable.

He and his entourage didn't have any English translations of the sadhana though, does anyone know where to get them?
I sent you a message.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”