Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

User avatar
liuzg150181
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by liuzg150181 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:12 pm

PeterC wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:08 pm
liuzg150181 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm

I am more amused that people would ask Rinpoche such mundane questions(instead of Dharma related qn) in the first way. :rolling:
People are people. They may want validation, emotional support, someone to look up to, belief that someone is going to solve their problems. This is all normal and understandable, but can also be a bit tiring for a dharma teacher who has to get through fifty interviews after a teaching and before dinner.
I think I error on the other end,not knowing what are a appropriate to ask in the first place.
That said,I think that if one's dharma practice is in place and progressing,one would be able to find the answers themselves.

Harold Musetescu
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by Harold Musetescu » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 am

Found this on the internet and from the Nepal's "Economic National Daily" newspaper dated June 06, 2016.

It's about Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche and his father-in-law Lodi Gyari Rinpoche.

"Reports of Lodi Gyari and his son-in-law’s alleged money laundering have captured the media’s interest
On June 3, 2016, news broke that one of the people close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been arrested on suspicions of money laundering.

Lodi Gyari Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington has a history of questionable financial dealings.
As anyone can clearly see, these are not minor accusations on the level of a teenager robbing a mom-and-pop store in Dharamsala. They are sophisticated schemes involving connections, power and large sums of money…and these are just the scandals that we know of.

A large portion of this US funding has come not only from the American government but from private donors, channeled through organisations such as the aforementioned International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). It so happens that the ICT’s previous director was Lodi Gyari Rinpoche whose son-in-law, Phakchok Rinpoche, is implicated in the latest money laundering scandal to hit the Tibetan leadership.

From 1999 to 2014, Lodi Gyari was director of the ICT. To this day, ICT remains one of the largest Tibetan non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the world, and it certainly the top-funded in the USA. Lodi Gyari’s role as director gave him access to millions of dollars in donations as well as connections to wealthy Tibetan supporters in the United States. When he was the Dalai Lama’s Special Envoy to Washington, DC, his connections in Dharamsala also gave him the uncontested access to money-making opportunities for himself and his relatives. It would seem that Phakchok Rinpoche has been one such beneficiary.

Messages have been circulated on social media about the involvement of Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law in the latest financial scandal to hit the Tibetan establishment. Lodi Gyari is the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington and comes from a wealthy, powerful Tibetan family. He has very close links to the Dalai Lama.

Phakchok Rinpoche, whose real name is Tenzin Jigmey Drakpa, is married to Lodi Gyari’s daughter. He holds a number of positions, including the abbotship of Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling Monastery in Nepal and President of Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Nepal, an NGO. From Phakchok Rinpoche’s various bank accounts, Nepali authorities recently seized NPR15 crores (approx. US$1.4mil). This followed their previous seizure of US$375,000, an act which had alerted them to the even larger sums of money he had been receiving. In this case, the US$375,000 had been sent from the USA to his bank accounts, on the pretext of raising funds for victims of the 2015 Nepali earthquake.

Phakchok Rinpoche, Lodi Gyari’s son-in-law, is suspected of being involved in money laundering.
It requires an active imagination to conjure up reasons why Lodi Gyari and Phachok Rinpoche would need to fatten their wallets. It is well-known in the Tibetan community that the Gyari family is extremely wealthy and powerful, and have been so even when they were back in Tibet.
In this case, Lodi Gyari and Phakchok Rinpoche have even abused the goodwill of the international community, raising funds from Western donors for earthquake victims, when the funds never made it to the intended recipients.

Nepali media coverage of this financial scandal, which involves Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law, Phachok Rinpoche being accused of being involved in money laundering."

I can't find a follow up story.

PeterC
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by PeterC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 am

methar wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 am
Found this on the internet and from the Nepal's "Economic National Daily" newspaper dated June 06, 2016.

It's about Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche and his father-in-law Lodi Gyari Rinpoche.

"Reports of Lodi Gyari and his son-in-law’s alleged money laundering have captured the media’s interest
On June 3, 2016, news broke that one of the people close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been arrested on suspicions of money laundering.

Lodi Gyari Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington has a history of questionable financial dealings.
As anyone can clearly see, these are not minor accusations on the level of a teenager robbing a mom-and-pop store in Dharamsala. They are sophisticated schemes involving connections, power and large sums of money…and these are just the scandals that we know of.

A large portion of this US funding has come not only from the American government but from private donors, channeled through organisations such as the aforementioned International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). It so happens that the ICT’s previous director was Lodi Gyari Rinpoche whose son-in-law, Phakchok Rinpoche, is implicated in the latest money laundering scandal to hit the Tibetan leadership.

From 1999 to 2014, Lodi Gyari was director of the ICT. To this day, ICT remains one of the largest Tibetan non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the world, and it certainly the top-funded in the USA. Lodi Gyari’s role as director gave him access to millions of dollars in donations as well as connections to wealthy Tibetan supporters in the United States. When he was the Dalai Lama’s Special Envoy to Washington, DC, his connections in Dharamsala also gave him the uncontested access to money-making opportunities for himself and his relatives. It would seem that Phakchok Rinpoche has been one such beneficiary.

Messages have been circulated on social media about the involvement of Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law in the latest financial scandal to hit the Tibetan establishment. Lodi Gyari is the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington and comes from a wealthy, powerful Tibetan family. He has very close links to the Dalai Lama.

Phakchok Rinpoche, whose real name is Tenzin Jigmey Drakpa, is married to Lodi Gyari’s daughter. He holds a number of positions, including the abbotship of Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling Monastery in Nepal and President of Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Nepal, an NGO. From Phakchok Rinpoche’s various bank accounts, Nepali authorities recently seized NPR15 crores (approx. US$1.4mil). This followed their previous seizure of US$375,000, an act which had alerted them to the even larger sums of money he had been receiving. In this case, the US$375,000 had been sent from the USA to his bank accounts, on the pretext of raising funds for victims of the 2015 Nepali earthquake.

Phakchok Rinpoche, Lodi Gyari’s son-in-law, is suspected of being involved in money laundering.
It requires an active imagination to conjure up reasons why Lodi Gyari and Phachok Rinpoche would need to fatten their wallets. It is well-known in the Tibetan community that the Gyari family is extremely wealthy and powerful, and have been so even when they were back in Tibet.
In this case, Lodi Gyari and Phakchok Rinpoche have even abused the goodwill of the international community, raising funds from Western donors for earthquake victims, when the funds never made it to the intended recipients.

Nepali media coverage of this financial scandal, which involves Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law, Phachok Rinpoche being accused of being involved in money laundering."

I can't find a follow up story.
You can’t find a follow-up because this is horseshit. It was a story planted by a monk from another monastery in Nepal that didn’t like how Ka-Nying was being very active in the earthquake reconstruction work. There was no seizure, no corruption. Phakchok Rinpoche was in retreat when the story was planted and chose to stay in retreat and ignore it. By the time he’d come out, everyone knew how this had happened. The background to this is very well known in KTM.

I commend you on scrutinising teachers, but this is a bit like reposting something from Breitbart and claiming that Obama is a gay Muslim.

User avatar
liuzg150181
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by liuzg150181 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:48 am

PeterC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 am
methar wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 am
Found this on the internet and from the Nepal's "Economic National Daily" newspaper dated June 06, 2016.

It's about Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche and his father-in-law Lodi Gyari Rinpoche.

"Reports of Lodi Gyari and his son-in-law’s alleged money laundering have captured the media’s interest
On June 3, 2016, news broke that one of the people close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been arrested on suspicions of money laundering.

Lodi Gyari Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington has a history of questionable financial dealings.
As anyone can clearly see, these are not minor accusations on the level of a teenager robbing a mom-and-pop store in Dharamsala. They are sophisticated schemes involving connections, power and large sums of money…and these are just the scandals that we know of.

A large portion of this US funding has come not only from the American government but from private donors, channeled through organisations such as the aforementioned International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). It so happens that the ICT’s previous director was Lodi Gyari Rinpoche whose son-in-law, Phakchok Rinpoche, is implicated in the latest money laundering scandal to hit the Tibetan leadership.

From 1999 to 2014, Lodi Gyari was director of the ICT. To this day, ICT remains one of the largest Tibetan non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the world, and it certainly the top-funded in the USA. Lodi Gyari’s role as director gave him access to millions of dollars in donations as well as connections to wealthy Tibetan supporters in the United States. When he was the Dalai Lama’s Special Envoy to Washington, DC, his connections in Dharamsala also gave him the uncontested access to money-making opportunities for himself and his relatives. It would seem that Phakchok Rinpoche has been one such beneficiary.

Messages have been circulated on social media about the involvement of Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law in the latest financial scandal to hit the Tibetan establishment. Lodi Gyari is the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington and comes from a wealthy, powerful Tibetan family. He has very close links to the Dalai Lama.

Phakchok Rinpoche, whose real name is Tenzin Jigmey Drakpa, is married to Lodi Gyari’s daughter. He holds a number of positions, including the abbotship of Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling Monastery in Nepal and President of Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Nepal, an NGO. From Phakchok Rinpoche’s various bank accounts, Nepali authorities recently seized NPR15 crores (approx. US$1.4mil). This followed their previous seizure of US$375,000, an act which had alerted them to the even larger sums of money he had been receiving. In this case, the US$375,000 had been sent from the USA to his bank accounts, on the pretext of raising funds for victims of the 2015 Nepali earthquake.

Phakchok Rinpoche, Lodi Gyari’s son-in-law, is suspected of being involved in money laundering.
It requires an active imagination to conjure up reasons why Lodi Gyari and Phachok Rinpoche would need to fatten their wallets. It is well-known in the Tibetan community that the Gyari family is extremely wealthy and powerful, and have been so even when they were back in Tibet.
In this case, Lodi Gyari and Phakchok Rinpoche have even abused the goodwill of the international community, raising funds from Western donors for earthquake victims, when the funds never made it to the intended recipients.

Nepali media coverage of this financial scandal, which involves Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law, Phachok Rinpoche being accused of being involved in money laundering."

I can't find a follow up story.
You can’t find a follow-up because this is horseshit. It was a story planted by a monk from another monastery in Nepal that didn’t like how Ka-Nying was being very active in the earthquake reconstruction work. There was no seizure, no corruption. Phakchok Rinpoche was in retreat when the story was planted and chose to stay in retreat and ignore it. By the time he’d come out, everyone knew how this had happened. The background to this is very well known in KTM.

I commend you on scrutinising teachers, but this is a bit like reposting something from Breitbart and claiming that Obama is a gay Muslim.
"Phakchok Rinpoche was in retreat when the story was planted and chose to stay in retreat and ignore it."
That's very impressive of him the way he dealt with it. :twothumbsup: :namaste: :thumbsup:

PeterC
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by PeterC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 am

It’s an entertaining story if you get the chance to ask him. But as anyone familiar with the white gompa will tell you, they absolutely do not have a million and a half US lying around in an account

amanitamusc
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by amanitamusc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

methar wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 am
Found this on the internet and from the Nepal's "Economic National Daily" newspaper dated June 06, 2016.

It's about Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche and his father-in-law Lodi Gyari Rinpoche.

"Reports of Lodi Gyari and his son-in-law’s alleged money laundering have captured the media’s interest
On June 3, 2016, news broke that one of the people close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been arrested on suspicions of money laundering.

Lodi Gyari Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington has a history of questionable financial dealings.
As anyone can clearly see, these are not minor accusations on the level of a teenager robbing a mom-and-pop store in Dharamsala. They are sophisticated schemes involving connections, power and large sums of money…and these are just the scandals that we know of.

A large portion of this US funding has come not only from the American government but from private donors, channeled through organisations such as the aforementioned International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). It so happens that the ICT’s previous director was Lodi Gyari Rinpoche whose son-in-law, Phakchok Rinpoche, is implicated in the latest money laundering scandal to hit the Tibetan leadership.

From 1999 to 2014, Lodi Gyari was director of the ICT. To this day, ICT remains one of the largest Tibetan non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the world, and it certainly the top-funded in the USA. Lodi Gyari’s role as director gave him access to millions of dollars in donations as well as connections to wealthy Tibetan supporters in the United States. When he was the Dalai Lama’s Special Envoy to Washington, DC, his connections in Dharamsala also gave him the uncontested access to money-making opportunities for himself and his relatives. It would seem that Phakchok Rinpoche has been one such beneficiary.

Messages have been circulated on social media about the involvement of Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law in the latest financial scandal to hit the Tibetan establishment. Lodi Gyari is the Dalai Lama’s former Special Envoy to Washington and comes from a wealthy, powerful Tibetan family. He has very close links to the Dalai Lama.

Phakchok Rinpoche, whose real name is Tenzin Jigmey Drakpa, is married to Lodi Gyari’s daughter. He holds a number of positions, including the abbotship of Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling Monastery in Nepal and President of Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Nepal, an NGO. From Phakchok Rinpoche’s various bank accounts, Nepali authorities recently seized NPR15 crores (approx. US$1.4mil). This followed their previous seizure of US$375,000, an act which had alerted them to the even larger sums of money he had been receiving. In this case, the US$375,000 had been sent from the USA to his bank accounts, on the pretext of raising funds for victims of the 2015 Nepali earthquake.

Phakchok Rinpoche, Lodi Gyari’s son-in-law, is suspected of being involved in money laundering.
It requires an active imagination to conjure up reasons why Lodi Gyari and Phachok Rinpoche would need to fatten their wallets. It is well-known in the Tibetan community that the Gyari family is extremely wealthy and powerful, and have been so even when they were back in Tibet.
In this case, Lodi Gyari and Phakchok Rinpoche have even abused the goodwill of the international community, raising funds from Western donors for earthquake victims, when the funds never made it to the intended recipients.

Nepali media coverage of this financial scandal, which involves Lodi Gyari Rinpoche’s son-in-law, Phachok Rinpoche being accused of being involved in money laundering."

I can't find a follow up story.
Wow you really stepped into that one meth. :rolling:

PeterC
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by PeterC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:14 am

PeterC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 am
I commend you on scrutinising teachers, but this is a bit like reposting something from Breitbart and claiming that Obama is a gay Muslim.
I can't edit it but I should retract the Brietbart comment, it was silly. It's hard to evaluate the reliability of a Nepali newspaper or gossip in Kathmandu.

It's really important that people scrutinize teachers, and we should discuss this sort of news.

Anyone who has questions after reading this story should contact the Chokgyur Lingpa foundation, ask at the White Gompa or ask PCR directly. The accounts of all the organizations involved are published annually. Nobody will be offended. I'm just a stranger on the internet, don't take my word for anything.

Harold Musetescu
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by Harold Musetescu » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 am

I've been to Phakchok Rinpoche's gompa in Toronto on many occasions and I like Kenpo Sonam Rinpoche.

I have personally met Phakchok Rinpoche and spoken with him in the past.

I never heard about this newspaper story from June 2016 from anyone at the Riwoche Temple in Toronto.

I just found it strange that Kyabgon Pakchok Rinpoche never publicly address this issue so as to clear up these criminal accusations.

I wish he had because I find his total public silence on this matter quite disturbing.
:anjali:

PeterC
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by PeterC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am

methar wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 am
I've been to Phakchok Rinpoche's gompa in Toronto on many occasions and I like Kenpo Sonam Rinpoche.

I have personally met Phakchok Rinpoche and spoken with him in the past.

I never heard about this newspaper story from June 2016 from anyone at the Riwoche Temple in Toronto.

I just found it strange that Kyabgon Pakchok Rinpoche never publicly address this issue so as to clear up these criminal accusations.

I wish he had because I find his total public silence on this matter quite disturbing.
:anjali:
Since you know him, you should ask him. The story is quite entertaining, and will give you some insight into this sort of intrusion of the four worldly concerns into the Dharma. I assume he never spoke out on it outside Nepal because it was only really an issue in Nepal, and by the time he had come out of retreat the facts of the matter were common knowledge there. The sums of money mentioned in the article are clearly not credible to anyone familiar with their monasteries' finances; I'm in a position to say that with some certainty, as are (I would guess) multiple other people on this board.

Inter- and intra-monastic rivalry is common and by no means new. ChNN's uncle's biography has some horrific stories in it along those lines - e.g., the attendant of lama X gets envious of the success of lama Y and seeks to harm him in a wholly misguided attempt to advance lama X. The only way by which you would clear them up is by harming the reputation of the monastery of those who spread the rumors, and that's something that nobody is keen to do.

philji
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by philji » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:37 am

The claim had been replied to by Phakchok Rinpoche on his personal website. He refuted the claim, explaining that the publisher of the article had ulterior motives for publishing it. He advised his students to continue with their practice and if in doubt speak to him about it. The website has since been updated so reply is no longer available since no longer relevant. No further action was taken on either side.

User avatar
Manju
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Kyabgön Phakchok rinpoche

Post by Manju » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 am

Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche`s message:

Ngakso Drupchen is held at the nunnery, Nagi Gonpa, right now.

https://samyeinstitute.org/grd-teaching ... ntent=text

May the blessing from the Himalayas reach everybody....

Manju

Post Reply

Return to “Nyingma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests