Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Aryjna

Re: Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Post by Aryjna » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Aryjna wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm
For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
With respect to the six spaces of Samantabhadra, 'a a ha sha sa ma, there is no problem at all. You want other beings to here it. Maybe people will find it weird, but you can chant it for animals, and dying people. It is not like other mantras, wrahtful mantras in particular.
Thanks, I knew that it was ok for animals but I was under the impression that it shouldn't be heard by other people under normal circumstances.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Aryjna wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm

But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
With respect to the six spaces of Samantabhadra, 'a a ha sha sa ma, there is no problem at all. You want other beings to here it. Maybe people will find it weird, but you can chant it for animals, and dying people. It is not like other mantras, wrahtful mantras in particular.
Thanks, I knew that it was ok for animals but I was under the impression that it shouldn't be heard by other people under normal circumstances.
No, it is fine. This is why the only dance that can be taught openly, that is, to people without transmission, is the six lokas dance.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Aryjna wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Malcolm wrote:

No, it is fine. This is why the only dance that can be taught openly, that is, to people without transmission, is the six lokas dance.
What about SOV and mantras that are to be sung out loud, like various Guruyoga mantras? I just read that some mantras may be written on t-shirts and scarves, and anyway SOV can be written and placed on bodies etc. Is it only the wrathful mantras that should not be overheard at all?

I always thought that the more secret it is the better, for any kind of mantra or practice.