Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Aryjna

Re: Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Post by Aryjna »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
With respect to the six spaces of Samantabhadra, 'a a ha sha sa ma, there is no problem at all. You want other beings to here it. Maybe people will find it weird, but you can chant it for animals, and dying people. It is not like other mantras, wrahtful mantras in particular.
Thanks, I knew that it was ok for animals but I was under the impression that it shouldn't be heard by other people under normal circumstances.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm

But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
With respect to the six spaces of Samantabhadra, 'a a ha sha sa ma, there is no problem at all. You want other beings to here it. Maybe people will find it weird, but you can chant it for animals, and dying people. It is not like other mantras, wrahtful mantras in particular.
Thanks, I knew that it was ok for animals but I was under the impression that it shouldn't be heard by other people under normal circumstances.
No, it is fine. This is why the only dance that can be taught openly, that is, to people without transmission, is the six lokas dance.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm

No, it is fine. This is why the only dance that can be taught openly, that is, to people without transmission, is the six lokas dance.
What about SOV and mantras that are to be sung out loud, like various Guruyoga mantras? I just read that some mantras may be written on t-shirts and scarves, and anyway SOV can be written and placed on bodies etc. Is it only the wrathful mantras that should not be overheard at all?

I always thought that the more secret it is the better, for any kind of mantra or practice.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
Is it enough for an ordinary person to simply see those 6 syllables?

There are 2 people In my life that I know have amassed a lot of negative karma. They don't believe in rebirth or anything remotely religious but I want to ensure a good cause for their liberation and hopefully 'soften' at least some of the weight of their unripened karma.

How does it work with incense? I feel like this might be the easiest way to 'liberation bomb' the people I have in mind. Can practitioners empower any incense themselves with S.O.V or is it a case of obtaining incense with specific ingredients, and consecrations etc
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

To empower incense, food, etc with the SoV and 6 syllables for “liberation bomb” purposes, is there anything more to it than simply being in the state of guruyoga and singing them in the presence of said substances? Should we blow on them afterward?

Also, as the 25 spaces are related to the SoV and the 6 syllables, I’m assuming it’s ok to sing those so others can hear them as well? In this case, I mean people like my daughter, for instance, and others who respect the Dharma but are not practitioners and wouldn’t be weirded out by it.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

My teacher is Gelug and such pills are distributed in our sangha as well. HHDL distributes these things also.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

liuzg150181 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm At times visiting Rinpoches would distribute some medicine of sort(usually black),and it is said to be benficial to take everyday. One of them come in a paper wrapping which states something abt "Liberation Through Taste",what does it exactly means? And is it the only purpose of such medicine?
Posting in Nyingma sub-forum,as I recall this is something Nyingma-specific(and based on my memory,only Nyingma lamas and rinpoches distribute such substance).
You are taking some of the medicine and then you are becoming liberated.

Kevin...
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

:smile:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Nyingma”