Liberation through Taste Medicine???

liuzg150181

Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Post by liuzg150181 »

At times visiting Rinpoches would distribute some medicine of sort(usually black),and it is said to be benficial to take everyday. One of them come in a paper wrapping which states something abt "Liberation Through Taste",what does it exactly means? And is it the only purpose of such medicine?
Posting in Nyingma sub-forum,as I recall this is something Nyingma-specific(and based on my memory,only Nyingma lamas and rinpoches distribute such substance).
DannyDevitoFan

Re: Liberation through Taste Medicine???

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

liuzg150181 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm At times visiting Rinpoches would distribute some medicine of sort(usually black),and it is said to be benficial to take everyday. One of them come in a paper wrapping which states something abt "Liberation Through Taste",what does it exactly means? And is it the only purpose of such medicine?
Posting in Nyingma sub-forum,as I recall this is something Nyingma-specific(and based on my memory,only Nyingma lamas and rinpoches distribute such substance).
In my extremely limited experience, lamas gifting Mendrup seems common. I only have experience with Nyingmapas so I cannot say if this exists in other schools.

http://www.vajrayana.org/media/files/fi ... actice.pdf
heart

Post by heart »

liuzg150181 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm At times visiting Rinpoches would distribute some medicine of sort(usually black),and it is said to be benficial to take everyday. One of them come in a paper wrapping which states something abt "Liberation Through Taste",what does it exactly means? And is it the only purpose of such medicine?
It is a Dzogchen thing, liberation through the five senses. One of Phachok Rinpoches specialities.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

heart wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm
It is a Dzogchen thing, liberation through the five senses. One of Phachok Rinpoches specialities.

/magnus
I should be more specific,what does it exactly by "liberation"? !00% going to Copper Coloured Mountain PureLand? Result in practice? Or?
heart

Post by heart »

liuzg150181 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 pm

/magnus
I should be more specific,what does it exactly by "liberation"? !00% going to Copper Coloured Mountain PureLand? Result in practice? Or?
100% sure you will attain liberation, as in enlightenment, eventually... :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I have faith in that stuff based on the instructions of more than one excellent teacher.

Use as directed. Respect it. It's precious.
pael

Post by pael »

Where to get this medicine? Want to taste.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
heart

Post by heart »

heart wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm

/magnus
100% sure you will attain liberation, as in enlightenment, eventually... :smile:

/magnus
My master also say that if you taste this you will not be born in the lower realms next life, 100% sure.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

heart wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 pm
My master also say that if you taste this you will not be born in the lower realms next life, 100% sure.

/magnus
Somebody send me some of those, PLEASE! :smile:
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The six liberations are liberation through sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, and mind.

The last is for practitioners, the others are for non-practitioners.

If you are a serious Dzogchen practitioner it is 100% guaranteed that you will attain buddhahood either in this life, the bardo, or the next life (in the nirmanakāya buddhafields if you do not find time to practice much in this life but possess the instructions and understand them) depending on your diligence. If you are not so serious, but have faith in Dzogchen teachings, than it is certain you will obtain buddhahood within a few lifetimes.

Why do I say this? It is because this is what is said in all of the six major commentaries we have on the 17 tantras, as well as what is said in the 17 tantras themselves.
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

pael wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 pm Where to get this medicine? Want to taste.
Go meet a lama or rinpoche who is in good mood to give you. :tongue:
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

heart wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 pm
heart wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm

/magnus

/magnus
Cool,but is there a point in tasting it more than once? Faster rate towards enlightenment? :mrgreen:
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm

The six liberations are liberation through sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, and mind.

The last is for practitioners, the others are for non-practitioners.

If you are a serious Dzogchen practitioner it is 100% guaranteed that you will attain buddhahood either in this life, the bardo, or the next life (in the nirmanakāya buddhafields if you do not find time to practice much in this life but possess the instructions and understand them) depending on your diligence. If you are not so serious, but have faith in Dzogchen teachings, than it is certain you will obtain buddhahood within a few lifetimes.

Why do I say this? It is because this is what is said in all of the six major commentaries we have on the 17 tantras, as well as what is said in the 17 tantras themselves.
I see,is liberation through mind referring to direct introduction?
And also,better to let the others taste it,such as dissolving it in water? But isnt it more efficient to use liberation to sight or sound since many ppl can view or hear it(to a lesser extent smell,but it is expendable unlike the other two)?
So no point doing HYT stuff that involves Creation and Completion stage once one is a serious Dzogchen practitioner?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

liuzg150181 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 pm
It refers to practicing Dzogchen.

And also,better to let the others taste it,such as dissolving it in water? But isnt it more efficient to use liberation to sight or sound since many ppl can view or hear it(to a lesser extent smell,but it is expendable unlike the other two)?
They all have their different uses.
So no point doing HYT stuff that involves Creation and Completion stage once one is a serious Dzogchen practitioner?
In my opinion, not much. Of course we always have secondary conditions, and for some people the indirect Atiyoga path is more effective since it is a path based on symbols.
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:55 pm

In my opinion, not much. Of course we always have secondary conditions, and for some people the indirect Atiyoga path is more effective since it is a path based on symbols.
May you elaborate on the different uses part and Atiyoga path vis-a-vis HYT? For the latter do you mean creation and development stage with Dzogchen view?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

liuzg150181 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:04 pm

May you elaborate on the different uses part and Atiyoga path vis-a-vis HYT? For the latter do you mean creation and development stage with Dzogchen view?
For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The unsurpassed secret cycle of Atiyoga (aka sNying thig) is based on direct perception. The mind series on down is based on inference and mind.

In Atiyoga, after receiving transmission, whether elaborate or not, you practice rushan, then trekchö, then thögal. Many people, masters and students, use Anuyoga as supporting practices. But it is not the main path. The main path is rushan, then trekchö, then thögal.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm

The unsurpassed secret cycle of Atiyoga (aka sNying thig) is based on direct perception. The mind series on down is based on inference and mind.

In Atiyoga, after receiving transmission, whether elaborate or not, you practice rushan, then trekchö, then thögal. Many people, masters and students, use Anuyoga as supporting practices. But it is not the main path. The main path is rushan, then trekchö, then thögal.
Ah,that makes Dzogchen path clearer to me now,good that I receive rushan teaching thru webcast early last yr. :thumbsup:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm For example, with liberation through taste we give the dying person a little bit, or we can feed it to animals, or "liberation bomb" unsuspecting ordinary people; the same with special incense, we can use the six syllables, as in my sig, sing them, sing song of the vajra; we can make a tagdrol, which assists in practice; one can use their imagination.
But isn't it a problem if someone overhears you saying the six syllables or another mantra? Excluding sutra mantras/dharanis.
With respect to the six spaces of Samantabhadra, 'a a ha sha sa ma, there is no problem at all. You want other beings to here it. Maybe people will find it weird, but you can chant it for animals, and dying people. It is not like other mantras, wrahtful mantras in particular.

Return to “Nyingma”