The Aro Authenticity Debate.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: The Aro Authenticity Debate.

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am
DGA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 am
heart wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 am

And now you know! I follow her on facebook she seems like an unusual girl.

http://www.celticbuddhism.org/lineage.html

/magnus
Gurdjieff took rebirth as an online "Ego Slaughterer?"
Ozay Rinpoche is a well-known personage on the Internet where he works as an Ego Slaughterer. Before ‘slaughtering egos’ Ozay spent some time in prison where he started a vigorous discipline of Bible reading and meditation practice. This process allowed Ozay to escape his imprisonment --not from the cell he was in but from the imprisonment of the mind, reaching enlightenment in 1982. Ozay then gave this non-experience the words "I have completely realized my-self" .Ozay remembers many life-times and recognizes many people around him from those former lives. As Gurdjieff, he always wanted to come and stay in England but was refused entrance into the UK on many occasions. This unfulfilled desire manifested in this lifetime by Ozay being born in London around the corner from J.G.Bennett, a life long pupil of Gurdjieff.
:shrug:
Nah, was referring to this.
Sophie Octavia Pushpa Perks was born at the Kalapa Court in Boulder, Colorado, the residence of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche where her mother and father were servants. At her birth Trungpa recognized Sophie as an incarnation of G.I. Gurdjieff. In 2000, Sophie became a student of Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche and Jetsun Dechen Paldron. She worked for eleven years at the Santen Tse Retreat Center in Mussoorie, India, the Lotus Garden Retreat Center in Virginia, and traveled worldwide with her teachers. Sophie accomplished all the preliminary practices in both the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions of Tibetan Buddhism. She currently resides in New York City where she is a caregiver for private clients.
/magnus
Wow. :woohoo: well, Gurdjieff's quite pretty this time around. I noticed on her FB the last major life event was "not being recognized as a tulku" in 2016 :lol:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

PeterC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am
Ozay Rinpoche is a well-known personage on the Internet where he works as an Ego Slaughterer. Before ‘slaughtering egos’ Ozay spent some time in prison where he started a vigorous discipline of Bible reading and meditation practice. This process allowed Ozay to escape his imprisonment --not from the cell he was in but from the imprisonment of the mind, reaching enlightenment in 1982. Ozay then gave this non-experience the words "I have completely realized my-self" .Ozay remembers many life-times and recognizes many people around him from those former lives. As Gurdjieff, he always wanted to come and stay in England but was refused entrance into the UK on many occasions. This unfulfilled desire manifested in this lifetime by Ozay being born in London around the corner from J.G.Bennett, a life long pupil of Gurdjieff.
Sophie Octavia Pushpa Perks was born at the Kalapa Court in Boulder, Colorado, the residence of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche where her mother and father were servants. At her birth Trungpa recognized Sophie as an incarnation of G.I. Gurdjieff. In 2000, Sophie became a student of Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche and Jetsun Dechen Paldron. She worked for eleven years at the Santen Tse Retreat Center in Mussoorie, India, the Lotus Garden Retreat Center in Virginia, and traveled worldwide with her teachers. Sophie accomplished all the preliminary practices in both the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions of Tibetan Buddhism. She currently resides in New York City where she is a caregiver for private clients.

OK, well, that's two. So if we're going for body/speech/mind/qualities/activities we still have space for three more emanations. Any volunteers?
Wait.. who is the other one??
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Mantrik wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm
Tiago Simões wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm Oh crikey! he's back. It's been 2 years.
Maybe had a holiday on 10th Bhumi?
Count down to thread closure............

I tried tuning into Aro but the aether just didn't vibrate my way, even with nakedness and an orgone box I just couldn't hit the mark.
Here Mantrik, maybe this visual aid will help you!

Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

I once met Seonaidh Perks about 20 years ago when he tried to visit a Dharma Centre in Dublin I was attending.

He had spoken I think at another Shambhala centre and he think he had impressed some of the folks there with his stories of Trungpa.

He's like a few characters I've known over the years who've tried to parlay early involvement and proximity to Trungpa into a paying gig.

I thought at the time (and still do) that he was crazy like a fox but essentially harmless. Told a good yarn but that's the height of it.

The Aro folks - who I've only ever viewed from afar - strike me as similar. Nothing to get too worked up about.
This is not the wrong life.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Adamantine wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 pm
PeterC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

OK, well, that's two. So if we're going for body/speech/mind/qualities/activities we still have space for three more emanations. Any volunteers?
Wait.. who is the other one??

Did I misunderstand - the Ego Slaughterer is one, Ms. Pushpa Perks is another, if it's ok to have multiple incarnations of famous tulku lineages then I don't see why there isn't room for a few more Gurdjieffs in the world - after all, everything's valid, isn't it?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

DGA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:53 pm
PeterC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am OK, well, that's two. So if we're going for body/speech/mind/qualities/activities we still have space for three more emanations. Any volunteers?
EJ Gold of Grass Valley, CA. Born well before Gurdjieff died but we don't need to let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

http://deletedwiki.com/index.php?title=E._J._Gold

There's actually a name for the phenomenon of an emanation being born before the death of the emanator, "ma 'das sprul sku", and apparently Dudjom Rinpoche, Jigdrel Yeshe Dorje, was one such. Just sayin'.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Adamantine wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:02 pm
Mantrik wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm
Tiago Simões wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm Oh crikey! he's back. It's been 2 years.
Maybe had a holiday on 10th Bhumi?
Count down to thread closure............

I tried tuning into Aro but the aether just didn't vibrate my way, even with nakedness and an orgone box I just couldn't hit the mark.
Here Mantrik, maybe this visual aid will help you!

Yes! She has the melong. Have melong will travel ......... psychic or shamanic journeying, retrieving my soul en route, maybe? :)

I'm a bit of a melong man, but I think I'll stick with me dirty old village 'brass' and not be swayed by her attractively rounded assets.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

What about the peek-a-boo nipple? Just a bit naughty!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:35 pm What about the peek-a-boo nipple? Just a bit naughty!
A thought has occurred to me numerous times, that the whole Aro thing is a deliberate parody...
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:37 pm
Grigoris wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:35 pm What about the peek-a-boo nipple? Just a bit naughty!
A thought has occurred to me numerous times, that the whole Aro thing is a deliberate parody...

Me too, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Yes, maybe Malcolm is right about the possibly deliberate parody...or just inventing a very watered down visual hint at her as a dakini like Vajrayogini.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

dzogchungpa wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:00 pmMe too, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.
Except for maybe being a complete and utter waste of one's precious human existence.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:00 pmMe too, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.
Except for maybe being a complete and utter waste of one's precious human existence.

Well, it's at least conceivable that a liberating teaching could be expressed in the form of a deliberate parody, isn't it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Oh, with so many people wasting their precious human birth, what does one more matter?
marting

Post by marting »

It really comes down to minding our own business. Who cares what someone does with their life.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

a bodhisatva cares, and grigoris is a bodhisatva.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Motova

Post by Motova »

Thank you to all the contributors here. I feel it has helped reduce my sectarianism and increased my patience.

From what I've learnt in my limited experience is that it is impossible to convert someone to Buddhism or a Buddhist to Dharma.

As long as others aren't hurting themselves or others directly then it's not our business.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

pemachophel wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm a bodhisatva cares, and grigoris is a bodhisatva.
That's me: a bodhisattva on the first bhumi, master son of sun buddha, teacher of jews and gentiles, dragon master.

(apologies to filipino master tian xian)

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:36 pm
pemachophel wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm a bodhisatva cares, and grigoris is a bodhisatva.
That's me: a bodhisattva on the first bhumi, master son of sun buddha, teacher of jews and gentiles, dragon master.

(apologies to filipino master tian xian)

Is first bhumi a requirement for being a mod here? Maybe that's why I've never been asked. :cry:
florin

Post by florin »

For those still in doubt whether Aro was real maybe this could help things along.
After all Aro might have roots in the history of romanian automotive industry.
And yes that was a real car...
aro-10-3-1-9018-default-large.jpeg
aro-10-3-1-9018-default-large.jpeg (118.59 KiB) Viewed 3912 times

Return to “Nyingma”