Dharani of Glorious Vajra claws / Dorje Dermo

PeterC

Re: Dharani of Glorious Vajra claws / Dorje Dermo

Post by PeterC »

MatthewAngby wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:09 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:43 pm
PeterC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm I don’t think we can advise someone to defer studying the dharma when they have genuine interest without endangering our own vows.

However that doesn’t mean that we should advise them to begin immediately with the vajrayana. There are excellent reasons to delay that until the student has met and developed confidence in a qualified guru etc etc and also has the personal maturity to practice strictly according to the guru’s instructions.

Most teenagers would be best served by shamatha and sutras first, blood-drinking four-headed herukas later. Though I can see the futility of trying to persuade them of that.
Ngondro was developed for teens.
Well yeah, I kinda agree with Malcom. Some people have different interests like me, I am perfectly fine with doing ngondro first- but mind me on the next part , I do not wish to speak bad of the dharma. But sutra for me will be very difficult to do , because I have a phobia of reading books
Don’t worry, they don’t bite.

and let me tell you , before I tried TB, I was in Chinese Mahayana tradition. I read sutras and stuff , but that wasn’t for me , because I got very frustrated many times for some reason. So I would say that you see, ngondro would be the best option for me, also four thoughts and lojong. This seems to be pretty good for me.
That’s great - we’ll see you again after you’ve finished the prostrations?

What I’m saying is , I think we don’t need sutras first ( correct me if I am wrong ), though that is one of the ways I think. There are plenty of ways for me to get started , which many have already introduced to me
azamorguedes

Post by azamorguedes »

My dear Mattew,

I've been through that.
For some time I had the impression of being attacked by spirits.
They invaded my vision.
But do not be afraid.
You should practice until it passes.
For me it happened.
You should look for qualified teachers.
Pray to the Buddha. Ask him to direct your thoughts.
You should do preliminary practices (ngondro). You should avoid tantric practices for now.
Pray to the Buddha also to lose his aversion to reading. It is possible to achieve illumination as illiterate, but reading books can help along the way.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Well welcome to Dharma Wheel azamorguedes.
Alex1976

Post by Alex1976 »

Grigoris wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 am Vajra claws / Dorje Dermo is a Dharani.
Yes, but the practice they linked to has mantra in it too.
I have the pecha with Dorje Dermo dharani. It is not so long text in Tibetan with two short mantras in Sanskrit.
Unfortunately as I've changed the appartment all the library packed in the boxes. Probably I will get access to it in a couple of months and take pictures.
Alex1976

Post by Alex1976 »

Sanskrit name is Vajrarati.
vajrarati.jpg
vajrarati.jpg (252.98 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
Yklah

Post by Yklah »

I have found "The Dhāraṇī of Glorious Vajraṇakhī from the Words of the Buddha", which is the text you are all taking about and involves commitments and samaya.

But I have also found this text, "Brief Dhāraṇī of Glorious Vajraṇakhī by Karma Chakme", in which no commitments are mentioned at all.

In this second case, is it posible to recite the brief practice without the need of establishing any commitment ?

I have read in Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive that in case of spiritual attack either the sadhana of the Lion-Face dakini or Dorje Claw practice is necessary.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

MatthewAngby wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:20 pm Hello. I, again am very scared again. ( stroies again..)
https://fpmt.org/wp-content/uploads/tea ... spread.pdf

about this, i am very intrigued by it. so may i ask, after having a look at this ,how should i recite this? should i only recite the dharani or the whole script itself? can anyone tell me how should i recite this?

again im sorry if i post wrongly again ( like last time )
I think everyone here gave good advice. Additionally, I think it could be helpful for you to recite the Heart Sutra every day. And contemplate it. I have heard of people solving trouble with spirits and harmful beings by reciting this sutra every day. Good luck my friend

Return to “Nyingma”