Amulet from Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche

jinglebell

Amulet from Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche

Post by jinglebell »

A few years back, my family contacted Kunzang Khandro regarding some amulets from Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche.

I recently contacted Kunzang Khandro but have not received a response or acknowledgement, and am hoping that someone in this forum can help.

One amulet was for a person who no longer uses it, and has returned it. The question is what to do with the amulet respectfully.

Thanks,

J.
Yeti

Re: Amulet from Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche

Post by Yeti »

I have a few such amulets for protection when travelling. I remember the original instructions were to never put them on the ground or floor, or anywhere disrespectful, as they will loose their power. I store mine on my shrine in a special small pouch. Otherwise, put them to good use and wear them respectfully. If you don't want them, find someone who will respectfully use them.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

khandro kunzang has been in retreat the last couple of weeks. she should emerge from her retreat on losar. soon thereafter she should be answering her emails and messages.

since the amulet was for a specific person's personal situation, i wouldn't give the amulet for someone else to wear. i would respectfully put away with other precious dharma things. if you really don't want it around, burn it respectfully like you would any other unwanted dharma texts and/or pictures.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
jinglebell

Post by jinglebell »

Yeti and pemachopel

Thank you so much for the kind responses. That is very helpful. I just followed up with her but now understand why she did not respond. This answers the question.

Grateful.

Return to “Nyingma”