Looking for Dzogchen Semde material

Dharmasagara

Looking for Dzogchen Semde material

Post by Dharmasagara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:14 pm

A question to all in the know:

In my quest for getting some idea about the system(s) of Dzogchen presentation I am finding out that knowledge on mind class (semde, sems lde) is quite hard to come by. All the world talks about the instruction class - threkchö and thögal - but the mind class is seems forgotten. Due to some remarks here and there I even suspect that in the Nyingmapa tradition as a whole there is not so much left in active practice.
To make it short: If there is some good presentations of the mind class path out there could you please give me some hint where to look for?

Thanks so much in advance!
Sagara

Malcolm

Re: Looking for Dzogchen Semde material

Post by Malcolm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Dharmasagara wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:14 pm

In my quest for getting some idea about the system(s) of Dzogchen presentation I am finding out that knowledge on mind class (semde, sems lde) is quite hard to come by. All the world talks about the instruction class - threkchö and thögal - but the mind class is seems forgotten. Due to some remarks here and there I even suspect that in the Nyingmapa tradition as a whole there is not so much left in active practice.
To make it short: If there is some good presentations of the mind class path out there could you please give me some hint where to look for?

Sagara
Chogyal Namkhai Norbu has extensive materials on sems sde in his SMS program.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Kunzang Tobgyal

Post by Kunzang Tobgyal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
Also check out;

Kunjed Gyalpo Series
Ornament of the State of Samantabhadra
Commentary on the All-Creating King
Pure Perfect Presence
Great Perfection of All Phenomena.

Translated by Jim Valby.

Google: Jim Valby Things

florin

Post by florin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
Have a look at Supreme Source
Ornament of the state of Samantabadra - a commentary on the above text
Two dzogxhen texts by Jim Valby
Marvellous primordial state
Teachings on Semde by sodogpa
The four contemplations of semde
Dorje Sempa Namkha che
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:15 am

My gurus Khenchen Palden Sherab and Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal published a really fantastic called "The Nature of Mind: The Dzogchen instructions of Aro Yeshe Jungne", which is their commentary on Patrul Rinpoche's commentary on Aro Yeshe Jungne's Sem de teachings. It breaks down instructions on the nine levels of Dzogchen practitioners' capacity. IOW, high, middling, and lower capacity, with each of those further divided, i.e. high high, middle high, and low high; high middle, middle middle, and low middle, and so on. It's available in both hard copy and as a Kindle book.

Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 am

florin wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm
Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
Dorje Sempa Namkha che
Does one need specific lung to read Dorje Sempa, or is DI enough?
And let your mind settle, loose and relaxed,
like a woollen blanket spread out on the ground…
Khenpo Gangshar

florin

Post by florin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 am

Lukeinaz wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 am
florin wrote:
Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
Dorje Sempa Namkha che
You can read the text just with the DI but is perfect if you can get the reading lung. In an ideal world you would get lungs for all these texts. But is not so easy.
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

XXIlluminatingVoid72

Post by XXIlluminatingVoid72 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

This came out recently as well.
https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Nature_of_ ... 394499.htm\
It's on amazon too. I believe this would qualify as Semde

If you're in the DC there is this as well https://www.ssi-austria.at/shop/product ... re=english

Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Dowman's text Original purity looks interesting, anybody check it out?
Khenpo Gangshar

chimechodra

Post by chimechodra » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 pm

According to Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, this is actually a semde text also: You are the Eyes of the World. The title is strange, however.

https://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Eyes-Wor ... 155939367X

I have never read it.

Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:13 pm

chimechodra wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 pm
According to Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, this is actually a semde text also: You are the Eyes of the World. The title is strange, however.

I have never read it.

this is really good too:

https://shop.shangshunguk.org/product/o ... ious-ship/
Khenpo Gangshar

heart

Post by heart » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Lukeinaz wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:13 pm
chimechodra wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 pm

I have never read it.

this is really good too:

https://shop.shangshunguk.org/product/o ... ious-ship/
This is a commentary to "You Are Eyes World". The Tibetan title of "You Are Eyes World" is actually "Precious Ship", and yes it is a Semde text.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Virgo

Post by Virgo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 am

Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
There is also the Fivefold Teaching of Dawa Gyaltsen taught by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

Kevin
I may have made some mistakes, but I am just a person doing his best.

http://caretoclick.com/save-the-rainfor ... orestation

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 am

florin wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 am
Lukeinaz wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 am
florin wrote:

Dorje Sempa Namkha che
You can read the text just with the DI but is perfect if you can get the reading lung. In an ideal world you would get lungs for all these texts. But is not so easy.
ChNNR gave a 10 day retreat in 2006 on Dorje Sempa Namkha che.

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Virgo wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 am
Dharmasagara wrote:

Sagara
There is also the Fivefold Teaching of Dawa Gyaltsen taught by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

Kevin
Is that a semde teaching?
That is one of my favorite teachings for day-to-day contemplation. "Awakening the Luminous Mind" goes into it in depth and has an audio guided meditation that comes with it.

Virgo

Post by Virgo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:06 am

climb-up wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm
Virgo wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 am
Is that a semde teaching?
That is one of my favorite teachings for day-to-day contemplation. "Awakening the Luminous Mind" goes into it in depth and has an audio guided meditation that comes with it.
Hi, I am not sure if they classify that way in Bon, but I think it could be considered semde.

Kevin
I may have made some mistakes, but I am just a person doing his best.

http://caretoclick.com/save-the-rainfor ... orestation