Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post Reply
User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Why Vegetarian?
Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro wrote:Years ago, I wrote a book about the merit of being vegetarian and the faults of eating meat or being non-vegetarian.
Does anyone know where I can find this book (in English)?

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 pm

I would be surprised if it had been translated. After looking at this article's bibliography:
https://journals.openedition.org/emscat/2755 I think the title in Tibetan is:
"sha’i kha zas gnag bkag gi bslab bya blang bor gsal ba’i me long"
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Miroku
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Miroku » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Nice article. :thanks:
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am

Miroku wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Nice article. :thanks:

You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Miroku
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Miroku » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am
Miroku wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Nice article. :thanks:

You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
Looks interesting thanks. I will take a look at it once I sort out my relationship with meat. :D
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 pm
I would be surprised if it had been translated. After looking at this article's bibliography:
https://journals.openedition.org/emscat/2755 I think the title in Tibetan is:
"sha’i kha zas gnag bkag gi bslab bya blang bor gsal ba’i me long"
Ah, I suspected that might be the case. Thanks, Dzogchungpa!

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am
Miroku wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Nice article. :thanks:

You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
Are you saying that this was written by Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro?

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 am

Miroku wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 am
dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am
Miroku wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Nice article. :thanks:

You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
Looks interesting thanks. I will take a look at it once I sort out my relationship with meat. :D
:lol:

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 am

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 am
dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am
Miroku wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Nice article. :thanks:

You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
Are you saying that this was written by Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro?

No, I am saying that it was written by the person who wrote the article, Gaerrang (Kabzung).
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Fortyeightvows
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Fortyeightvows » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Thomas Amundsen, were you at claremont?

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 am
Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 am
dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 am



You can read his thesis here: https://scholar.colorado.edu/geog_gradetds/27/ if you are interested.
Are you saying that this was written by Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro?

No, I am saying that it was written by the person who wrote the article, Gaerrang (Kabzung).
Oh, so the original article I linked was not written by Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro?

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Fortyeightvows wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Thomas Amundsen, were you at claremont?
Nope. For what?

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm
Oh, so the original article I linked was not written by Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro?

Yes, it was, it's from a book called "From Believers to Bodhisattvas". When I said "the article" I was referring to this:
https://journals.openedition.org/emscat/2755
Last edited by dzogchungpa on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Fortyeightvows wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Thomas Amundsen, were you at claremont?
Nope. For what?

KTL spoke there last week, so I assume that is what is being referred to.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm
Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Fortyeightvows wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Thomas Amundsen, were you at claremont?
Nope. For what?

KTL spoke there last week, so I assume that is what is being referred to.
Ah! I had no idea... I would have loved to attend that.

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by dzogchungpa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 pm
dzogchungpa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm
KTL spoke there last week, so I assume that is what is being referred to.
Ah! I had no idea... I would have loved to attend that.

He's been up in my neck of the woods for the past week and I've seen him speak several times, including just last night at Anam Thubten's place in Point Richmond. You can see some videos of the teachings in Union City, most of which I attended, here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/luminouswisdom/videos/
although there seems to be some issues with the sound quality.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:48 pm
Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 pm
dzogchungpa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm
KTL spoke there last week, so I assume that is what is being referred to.
Ah! I had no idea... I would have loved to attend that.

He's been up in my neck of the woods for the past week and I've seen him speak several times, including just last night at Anam Thubten's place in Point Richmond. You can see some videos of the teachings in Union City, most of which I attended, here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/luminouswisdom/videos/
although there seems to be some issues with the sound quality.
Thanks!

Fortyeightvows
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro :: Book on Vegetarianism

Post by Fortyeightvows » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 am

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Fortyeightvows wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Thomas Amundsen, were you at claremont?
Nope. For what?
He spoke there a week or two ago

Post Reply

Return to “Nyingma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests