Mirror divination

Post Reply
User avatar
_R_
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Mirror divination

Post by _R_ » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 am

Was Lama Dawa Rinpoche like the last out there who used to do this?

I hope this tradition is not lost already...

WeiHan
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by WeiHan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:25 pm

_R_ wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 am
Was Lama Dawa Rinpoche like the last out there who used to do this?

I hope this tradition is not lost already...
In Tibet, there are still people doing this and there are still some living delogs etc..

User avatar
_R_
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by _R_ » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Awesome.

Can you pm me if you have any info? I want to find these guys and receive empowerments and everything.

Miroku
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Mirror divination

Post by Miroku » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 pm

I bet there are many lamas, maybe not just that famous for it, or specialised. If you look at Lama Dawa's lineage you might find some students of his who could be able to do it. I bet you do not have to go to Tibet in order to find it. Many lamas do Mo divinations.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

pemachophel
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Mirror divination

Post by pemachophel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 pm

R,

I congratulate your desire.

Sorry to say, I don't think any of Lama Dawa's students have accomplished the siddhi of mirror divination. There was one person in Florida who was interested in developing this siddhi and who Lama Dawa thought might have tra-mig/mirror divination eyes (the in-born predisposition or talent for this ability), but I don't think this person received the Red Saraswati practices and I believe Lama Dawa died before anything came of this student's desire, at least with Lama Dawa. As far as I know, only two of Lama Dawa's American students ever expressed great interest in and received Cho-kyi Go-cha's entire Red Saraswati terma cycle with all lungs and oral explanations of all sadhanas and practices. While I know these two are actively engaged in these practice, I am pretty certain they have not achieved this siddhi. In addition, there is a seal of secrecy of three years after achieving the siddhi before one is allowed to say anything about this to anyone.

Lama Dawa's brother, Lama Pema Dorje (of Oakland, CA) also holds these practices. He received the wang from H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche at the same time as Lama Dawa, and I know He taught some Yudronma mirror divination classes at Tara Mandala last summer (or the summer before; sorry, I'm an old man). I assume what He taught was from the same terma cycle, but I could not get confirmation of this from Tara Mandala. It was part of a larger retreat and they would not allow me to attend only the Yudronma mirror divination part. I assume Lama Pema Dorje does some mirror divination since he taught it, but I have also been told by Family members that it was Lama Dawa Who inherited His mother's tra-mig. It was H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche Who recognized this latent ability in Lama Dawa and told Him to go to Khyentse Rinpoche for the wang. Lama Dawa told His brother about the wang and so a number of others showed up for and received it.

The late Lama Tharchin also received (from His uncle) and transmitted this Red Saraswati cycle. So it's possible that one of His students has developed the ability to do mirror divination. However, knowing one of His students who received this transmission and has done some of the practices, those students do not seem to have received the entire cycle. Nor does the student I know seem to have developed the siddhi of mirror divination. But you might want to pursue this angle. Could be she is under the three-year seal of secrecy. PM me and I can send you her email address. She used to be a member here.

I personally know of one other person who does mirror divination. She is the consort of a contemporary Terton in Kham. Her mirror divination is through the intercession of Tashi Tsheringma, not Dorje Yudronma. She is extremely powerful. IME, She is as much a presence as Her Husband and is a Teacher in Her own right. However, She does not speak English and does not have an email address AFAIK. She has never been to the U.S. and She and Her Husband were denied exit visas to Thailand a year or so ago. So efforts to bring Them to the U.S. have been stymied. Unfortunately I am not allowed to mention either Her or Her Husband's name on the Internet out of concern for the Chinese Communist government.

I hope this information is helpful to you. I encourage you to pursue your intention and wish you the best of luck. I also hope you have tra-mig.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

WeiHan
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by WeiHan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm

The Chinese government is probably not so much to be feared about. In fact, there is a unit that preserve the so-called "King Gesar" culture that includes a King Gesar mirror divination practice. The Rinpoche mentioned in this link I am providing is employed by The Chinese Social Science Institute Gesar Workforce which aims to preserve the Gesar Culture. This Rinpoche is recognised to be accomplished in Gesar mirror divination.

http://cqrw.org/node/1667

pemachophel
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Mirror divination

Post by pemachophel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Here's a Google translation of some of the material about mirror divination at the cite WeiHan linked to. It's quite rough (as machine translation typically is) but I think it contains some interesting info (if you can read a little beyond the words). In particular, it talks about the innate talent for mirror divination running through certain families.

"One of the cultivating achievements of the talented living Buddha is the secret of the circle of light. The ability of talented living Buddhas to look at the circle of light mainly comes from their innate talents and the inheritance of their ancestors. He and his ancestors have different eyes than ordinary people. Their eye structures resemble birds and they can see the microscopic world that ordinary people cannot observe. The ancestors of the talented living Buddha had gone to Tibet to worship a living Buddha as a teacher, received the initiation and inheritance, and acquired the ability to circle light. Since then, it has been passed down from generation to generation, and it has been the fifth generation that the wisdom and living Buddha have been transmitted. When he was 9 years old, his uncle handed him the Mirror of the ancestral god. He hopes that one day he will inherit his father’s business. At the time of 21 years of life and wisdom of living Buddha, Longmao Temple and the famous airborne mother Sanda Lam live observations of wisdom, found that intelligence is looking at the potential of the circle of light - its eyes meet the needs of the circle division condition. Therefore, the two teachers opened up the ability to see the light. Under the guidance of two senior teachers, Caizhi Liuzhu has matured his skills in round light skills by studying the Gesar ritual and the “Tamai ritual track.” Talented Living Buddha predicted many known and unknown things with the secret method of the circle of light, and became famous in Tibetan areas."

R -- I hope this runs in your family as well.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Tenma
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Mirror divination

Post by Tenma » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 am

pemachophel wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 pm
R,

I congratulate your desire.

Sorry to say, I don't think any of Lama Dawa's students have accomplished the siddhi of mirror divination. There was one person in Florida who was interested in developing this siddhi and who Lama Dawa thought might have tra-mig/mirror divination eyes (the in-born predisposition or talent for this ability), but I don't think this person received the Red Saraswati practices and I believe Lama Dawa died before anything came of this student's desire, at least with Lama Dawa. As far as I know, only two of Lama Dawa's American students ever expressed great interest in and received Cho-kyi Go-cha's entire Red Saraswati terma cycle with all lungs and oral explanations of all sadhanas and practices. While I know these two are actively engaged in these practice, I am pretty certain they have not achieved this siddhi. In addition, there is a seal of secrecy of three years after achieving the siddhi before one is allowed to say anything about this to anyone.

Lama Dawa's brother, Lama Pema Dorje (of Oakland, CA) also holds these practices. He received the wang from H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche at the same time as Lama Dawa, and I know He taught some Yudronma mirror divination classes at Tara Mandala last summer (or the summer before; sorry, I'm an old man). I assume what He taught was from the same terma cycle, but I could not get confirmation of this from Tara Mandala. It was part of a larger retreat and they would not allow me to attend only the Yudronma mirror divination part. I assume Lama Pema Dorje does some mirror divination since he taught it, but I have also been told by Family members that it was Lama Dawa Who inherited His mother's tra-mig. It was H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche Who recognized this latent ability in Lama Dawa and told Him to go to Khyentse Rinpoche for the wang. Lama Dawa told His brother about the wang and so a number of others showed up for and received it.

The late Lama Tharchin also received (from His uncle) and transmitted this Red Saraswati cycle. So it's possible that one of His students has developed the ability to do mirror divination. However, knowing one of His students who received this transmission and has done some of the practices, those students do not seem to have received the entire cycle. Nor does the student I know seem to have developed the siddhi of mirror divination. But you might want to pursue this angle. Could be she is under the three-year seal of secrecy. PM me and I can send you her email address. She used to be a member here.

I personally know of one other person who does mirror divination. She is the consort of a contemporary Terton in Kham. Her mirror divination is through the intercession of Tashi Tsheringma, not Dorje Yudronma. She is extremely powerful. IME, She is as much a presence as Her Husband and is a Teacher in Her own right. However, She does not speak English and does not have an email address AFAIK. She has never been to the U.S. and She and Her Husband were denied exit visas to Thailand a year or so ago. So efforts to bring Them to the U.S. have been stymied. Unfortunately I am not allowed to mention either Her or Her Husband's name on the Internet out of concern for the Chinese Communist government.

I hope this information is helpful to you. I encourage you to pursue your intention and wish you the best of luck. I also hope you have tra-mig.
Speaking of Tseringma, there actually is a divination by Lama Dawa to her and not just Dorje Yudronma and Red Saraswati:
http://saraswatibhawan.org/program/rest ... ivination/
Then there's the Dalai Lama's new Tenma Oracle which is a different process.

humble.student
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by humble.student » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 am

WeiHan wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm
The Chinese government is probably not so much to be feared about. In fact, there is a unit that preserve the so-called "King Gesar" culture that includes a King Gesar mirror divination practice. The Rinpoche mentioned in this link I am providing is employed by The Chinese Social Science Institute Gesar Workforce which aims to preserve the Gesar Culture. This Rinpoche is recognised to be accomplished in Gesar mirror divination.

http://cqrw.org/node/1667
Preserve Gesar culture? Surely you jest!

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=37285

WeiHan
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by WeiHan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 am

humble.student wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 am
WeiHan wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm
The Chinese government is probably not so much to be feared about. In fact, there is a unit that preserve the so-called "King Gesar" culture that includes a King Gesar mirror divination practice. The Rinpoche mentioned in this link I am providing is employed by The Chinese Social Science Institute Gesar Workforce which aims to preserve the Gesar Culture. This Rinpoche is recognised to be accomplished in Gesar mirror divination.

http://cqrw.org/node/1667
Preserve Gesar culture? Surely you jest!

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=37285
No. This is not related to politics as the programme started well before this. This Rinpoche is at least genuine.

User avatar
The Cicada
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 am
Location: Trumpaloka

Re: Mirror divination

Post by The Cicada » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 am

pemachophel wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm
R -- I hope this runs in your family as well.
How do you tell the difference between prescient "crazy" relatives and regular crazy relatives? Asking for a friend.

User avatar
_R_
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by _R_ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 am

Thank you all for your answers.
pemachophel wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm
R -- I hope this runs in your family as well.


My mother's side of family are Sami people, hunters, and they've used this ability, to foresee, to track down animals, find good fishing spots, etc. And more recently, to see whether one should eat in a sketchy restaurant. Actually my uncle gave this tip just a week ago lol.

WeiHan
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Mirror divination

Post by WeiHan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm

_R_ wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 am
Thank you all for your answers.
pemachophel wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm
R -- I hope this runs in your family as well.


My mother's side of family are Sami people, hunters, and they've used this ability, to foresee, to track down animals, find good fishing spots, etc. And more recently, to see whether one should eat in a sketchy restaurant. Actually my uncle gave this tip just a week ago lol.
I know a chinese tibetan buddhist blogger who has contact with other mirror divination tibetan masters. But I agree it may be easier for you to try those options in US first.

Post Reply

Return to “Nyingma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests