Looking for Thangka of Longchen Nyingthig Refuge Tree

Mr. G

Looking for Thangka of Longchen Nyingthig Refuge Tree

Post by Mr. G »

Hi everyone,

I have a friend that is looking for a thangka of the longchen nyingthig refuge tree. I've found many posters and postcards, but no thangkas. I'm also wary of the ones I've found on ebay as the inconography may be incorrect.

Cany anyone point me in the right direction?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
pemachophel

Re: Looking for Thangka of Longchen Nyingthig Refuge Tree

Post by pemachophel »

IME, usually one has to commission these.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
heart

Post by heart »

Mr. G wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:14 pm Hi everyone,

I have a friend that is looking for a thangka of the longchen nyingthig refuge tree. I've found many posters and postcards, but no thangkas. I'm also wary of the ones I've found on ebay as the inconography may be incorrect.

Cany anyone point me in the right direction?
Not exactly cheap, but here you go: https://garudashop.com/collections/jigm ... -nyingthik

You can get this one for much less: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/lon ... anias.html

Or this one, not really a refuge tree : https://garudashop.com/collections/gicl ... ra-birmane

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Thanks you two! :smile:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

If your friend could work with a poster until a thangka was available, try mahasiddha.org.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

The other thing you can do is find a good quality high resolution image and find an outlet that prints on to canvas or vinyl then does the traditional brocade around it. There are now many places to do this, they even do the gold outlining on the image if you want. It makes a traditional thangka more affordable, and they appear just as good as the original.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications

Return to “Nyingma”