Yuthok nyingthik ( your views? )

haha

Re: Yuthok nyingthik ( your views? )

Post by haha »

pael wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:09 pm
Grigoris wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am
pael wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am
What should we do in this case? Having received empowerments already. Can Vajrasattva take me to the Pure Land?
Vajrasattva practice can lead to liberation.
Can lead or will lead?
He is the lord of hundred families. He is the lord of five families. He is the essence of three vajras. Many deities arise from from Vajrasattva. If one practices the Vajrasattva as the main deity, there is no doubt that practicing some complex deities form or practicing this simple deity form has no different result.

After receiving the vajrayana teaching, why one should seek for the Pure Land, if one has time, vigor, diligence, instructions, etc.
:meditate:
pael

Post by pael »

Aryjna wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Grigoris wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am Vajrasattva practice can lead to liberation.
Can lead or will lead?
If having a human birth with the freedoms and advantages
I think I don't have sixth freedom. I use wheelchair and can't use my limbs. I write with computer mouse.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

pael wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Can lead or will lead?
I think I don't have sixth freedom. I use wheelchair and can't use my limbs. I write with computer mouse.
I am not sure if this means you don't have it, as I understand it the point is that you are able to study and practice.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Can lead or will lead?
You do have it. You are able to practice and etc. The sixth one is in traditional commentaries connected with traditional prejudices against people with disabilities that they are stupid or sth. Your interest in dharma is the most important and then whether you are willing to practice. :) Your journey may be harder (or easier what do I know), but you can travel on it.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

MatthewAngby wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:37 pm
pemachophel wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:52 pm Matthew,

If you do the 7-day YN ngondro, that only allows you to do the other sadhanas of YN. It doesn't allow you to do advanced practices or receive advanced teachings in other lineages (LN, DT, CT, etc.). So if you're thinking this is a shortcut in terms of ngondro, it's not exactly that. It's only a shortcut if you only stay within the YN.

Also, IME, it's not good to try to take shortcuts in the practice of Dharma. IME, best to take one's time and do whatever the practices are to their maximum, not minimum, or as Lama Dawa used to say, "in a perfect way." I know for me, when I have tried to do things the shortest or quickest way, I've only had to eventually go back and do it the "right" way."

You can contact Dr. Nida on FB through Sorig Khang International.

Good luck & best wishes.
Oh yes I am aware of it 😊. I’ve come to realised that perhaps the ngondro Everyday thing for me didn’t really work out for me, so maybe a more “ concised “ one could help, lest I become stressed and uptight again. And yes, I’ll try not to take shortcuts. Thank you anyways! 🙏🏼
It's normal with any purifying dharmic practice like Ngondro to bring up difficulties in our mind. Also especially with initial applying of it.

Ask your teacher the best way.

You are practising the Dharma it is great. I encourage you to find your way!!!

Take your time!!!
haha

Post by haha »

Can lead or will lead?
While entering into the trance, one cannot figure out whether one is male or female, tall or short, many heads or no head, many legs or no legs, etc.

The composer while composing this theory has related everything based on his surrounding and condition.There is another so called advantage: to born in Jambudvipa. This does not apply to everyone. However, there are many people practicing Buddhadharma; they have not born in Jambudvipa, either. Time always changes; many theories those were valid in the past would not fit in the present.The purpose of this theory is probably to arouse faith and to motivate for the practice.
:anjali:
passel

Post by passel »

Grigoris wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am Vajrasattva practice can lead to liberation.
Can lead or will lead?
If having a human birth with the freedoms and advantages is like a blind turtle etc., having the freedoms and advantages and also having met the Vajrayana is like the turtle winning the lottery after putting its head through the yoke. It is already guaranteed that you don't have much time left in samsara.
What good would winning the lottery do for a turtle, blind or not?
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

passel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:05 am
Can lead or will lead?
If having a human birth with the freedoms and advantages is like a blind turtle etc., having the freedoms and advantages and also having met the Vajrayana is like the turtle winning the lottery after putting its head through the yoke. It is already guaranteed that you don't have much time left in samsara.
What good would winning the lottery do for a turtle, blind or not?
What good would putting its head through a yoke floating in the ocean do for a turtle?
passel

Post by passel »

No good really but at least the metaphor makes sense. Maybe you yours would if instead of a lottery ticket it was a double yoke, and in the other side was a tiger (shark)
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

passel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:51 am No good really but at least the metaphor makes sense. Maybe you yours would if instead of a lottery ticket it was a double yoke, and in the other side was a tiger (shark)
OK

Return to “Nyingma”