empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post Reply
User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 8419
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 am

Is one needed, or just a lung?
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Pema Yolo
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 5:32 am

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Pema Yolo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am

Just a lung is what is typically given by every Dudjom lama I've seen.

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 18172
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Grigoris » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:14 am

A Vajrasattva empowerment wouldn't go astray.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
SonamGyatso
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by SonamGyatso » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 am

My Lama has said that no empowerment is needed for the Ngondro we practice, which is the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28686
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 am
Is one needed, or just a lung?
Just a lung.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 8419
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm

SonamGyatso wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 am
My Lama has said that no empowerment is needed for the Ngondro we practice, which is the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro
When I asked at Saraha, a few people said I could practice it with no anything. But then others say one needs the lung. I suspect it was one of those "get it when you can but you can practice without it if you can't" type things...but I would rather just have the lung.

I had an opportunity to get it online recently, but had to work, anyone know of any other opportunities coming up to receive it?
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Sennin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm
SonamGyatso wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 am
My Lama has said that no empowerment is needed for the Ngondro we practice, which is the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro
When I asked at Saraha, a few people said I could practice it with no anything. But then others say one needs the lung. I suspect it was one of those "get it when you can but you can practice without it if you can't" type things...but I would rather just have the lung.

I had an opportunity to get it online recently, but had to work, anyone know of any other opportunities coming up to receive it?
IIRC they're offering it again online, unless it has already happened.
Namo Guru Bhyaḥ

Terma
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 am

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Terma » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm
SonamGyatso wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 am
My Lama has said that no empowerment is needed for the Ngondro we practice, which is the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro
When I asked at Saraha, a few people said I could practice it with no anything. But then others say one needs the lung. I suspect it was one of those "get it when you can but you can practice without it if you can't" type things...but I would rather just have the lung.

I had an opportunity to get it online recently, but had to work, anyone know of any other opportunities coming up to receive it?
Do you live close enough to a Lama that practices in this particular lineage or are you able to make contact with one in order to request the lung? I would imagine that it shouldn't be too difficult to get this lung. Good luck!

Post Reply

Return to “Nyingma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mechashivaz and 32 guests