empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Malcolm

Re: empowerment for Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Malcolm »

Seeker12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 pm
Thanks, I was wondering if this was something that was due to personal insight or whether it was some sort of 'formally acknowledged' thing by an 'authority'.
It has to do with the first Dudjom, Duddul Dorje, a famous terton in his own right, who had a vision of Padmasambhava in which Padmasambhava invested the Dudjom line of incarnations as regents of Nyingma teachings.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

That Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche was Guru Rinpoche's regent in this time is a commonly held belief among Nyingmapa. However, I don't know who first said this. Sorry. It is not my self-made opinion. I can say that I've heard this from the mouths of a number of my Gurus over the last 48 years.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Loppon-la,

Thank you for clarifying the source of this belief. I did not know this. How wonderful!
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Seeker12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 pm
Thanks, I was wondering if this was something that was due to personal insight or whether it was some sort of 'formally acknowledged' thing by an 'authority'.
It has to do with the first Dudjom, Duddul Dorje, a famous terton in his own right, who had a vision of Padmasambhava in which Padmasambhava invested the Dudjom line of incarnations as regents of Nyingma teachings.
Thank you. I think this is echoed in Dudjom Lingpa's autobiography as well, though I didn't recall the whole line being invested as such. Not that I doubt it, really, at all, I was just curious where it came from.

:anjali:
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:46 am
pemachophel wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:33 pm ...
The short ngondro actually is from the Troma cycle of Dudjom Lingpa.
I am actually quite confused by this. I know of the preliminary for the Khandro Thugtig part of the Tersar, with the unusual feature of the lama being in the form of Orgyen Dorje Chang or Pema Garwang; a preliminary in which GR appears as Padmasambhava (royal, lotus hat, consort), which I think I have seen in short and super-short versions; and a Throma preliminary focussed very much on the three-kaya dakinis where the guru appears as Vajravarahi. But are there more? Is there one for Khandro Nyingtig, or is that one of those above? Am I confused between them all? (Probably)

Is there anywhere I can easily see the relationships between them?
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Lingpupa wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:24 am
pemachophel wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:33 pm ...
I am actually quite confused by this. I know of the preliminary for the Khandro Thugtig part of the Tersar, with the unusual feature of the lama being in the form of Orgyen Dorje Chang or Pema Garwang; a preliminary in which GR appears as Padmasambhava (royal, lotus hat, consort), which I think I have seen in short and super-short versions; and a Throma preliminary focussed very much on the three-kaya dakinis where the guru appears as Vajravarahi. But are there more? Is there one for Khandro Nyingtig, or is that one of those above? Am I confused between them all? (Probably)

Is there anywhere I can easily see the relationships between them?
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Dudjom_Tersar

Scroll down to the Cycles the various Ngondros for Dudjom Tersar are listed there.

For example, the well known Dudjom Tersar Ngondro is included in the Daknang Yeshe Drawa.

There are others in different cycles.
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Thank you, ED.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

Malcolm, you mean ༄༅། །བདུད་འཇོམས་གཏེར་གསར་སྔོན་འགྲོའི་ངག་འདོན་བསྡུས་པ་བཞུགས། ། ?
stay open, spread love

Return to “Nyingma”