Khyung gShog rTsal

pemachophel

Khyung gShog rTsal

Post by pemachophel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Does anyone know anything about the sung-ma (female Guardian) Khyung gShog rTsal (Gardua-winged Adept/Mighty One)? No mention of Her in Oracles and Demons of Tibet. Came across this name in a serkyem offering I'm translating. She seems to be the consort of Dam-tag/Dam-chen Dorje Duddul. Any information about this Protector would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

heart

Re: Khyung gShog rTsal

Post by heart » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:55 am

pemachophel wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Does anyone know anything about the sung-ma (female Guardian) Khyung gShog rTsal (Gardua-winged Adept/Mighty One)? No mention of Her in Oracles and Demons of Tibet. Came across this name in a serkyem offering I'm translating. She seems to be the consort of Dam-tag/Dam-chen Dorje Duddul. Any information about this Protector would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Maybe not the same, but there is a Kharak Khyung Sungma that is the terma protector for the Tukdrub Barche Kunsel. A red lady flying on a Garuda.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

mutsuk

Post by mutsuk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 am

John Bellezza, SPIRIT-MEDIUMS, SACRED MOUNTAINS AND RELATED BON TEXTUAL TRADITIONS IN UPPER TIBET, p. 304 for rDo rje khyung gshog rtsal.

dzoki

Post by dzoki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:04 am

pemachophel wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks.
sungma - eventhough it has gramatically a female form does not necessarily denote female protector, Droje Khyungshog Tsal is one of the names of Dorje Legpa.

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Dzoki,

Thanks and thanks. That's what I needed to know.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Nyingma”