Dzogchen Rinpoche selected new head of Nyingma

Mantrik

Re: Dzogchen Rinpoche selected new head of Nyingma

Post by Mantrik » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Excellent choice. I had the privilege to receive teachings and empowerments from him in the UK some years ago. I really like his approach.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

thogme19

Re: Dzogchen Rinpoche selected new head of Nyingma

Post by thogme19 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Today at Dzogchen Monastery South India, His Eminence the 7th Dzogchen Rinpoche Jigme Losel Wangpo, met the Representatives of all Nyingma Schools who came to formally request His Eminence to accept the role of the 8th Head of Nyingma.

Having thanked all the Representatives, His Eminence informed the congregation that after careful consideration he has decided to not accept the role, following the advice and divinations given by his own advisors. Additionally, His Eminence' Health practitioners have also recommended for him to not take on any additional commitments.

His Eminence took the opportunity to give his heartfelt thanks and expressed that he will not forget the trust given to him by everyone, however due to all of these conditions he will not be able to accept the role.

His Eminence Dzogchen Rinpoche, gave the following message:

I wish and pray for all the six major schools of Nyingmapa to maintain the incredible lineage of the Nyingma tradition and for Nyingma to flourish on a global level. May all the wishes of the past distinguished Heads of Nyingma be accomplished and may peace and friendship amongst the six major schools continue. I wish for the good health and success of all the present Heads of each Nyingma school.

More so may we have more merit in this world, to spread these incredible teachings of Dzogchen everywhere.

I believe that there is a lot of support coming from everywhere in the world for me to take this role and your wish might be one of disappointment for now, but I believe that I have made the right decision for the Nyingma tradition and that in the future everyone will realise that this is the wisest decision.

I continue to feel the strong connection between us.

As chosen by the Lineage of Dzogchen and recognised and confirmed as the 7th incarnation of Dzogchen Rinpoche, from this point of view I will continue my role and all the requirements for the Lineage, and I will continue in the future as per the heartfelt wishes of the great Lineage Masters and Khenpos. It is due to this big responsibility that I cannot take on any more commitments. My wish is to have more time to continue to maintain an authentic and respected quality for the Dzogchen Lineage so that it can continue to be stable and flourish everywhere.

Finally I wish and pray that H.H. the Dalai Lama lives long and I also wish for the long life and good health of all the Heads of Tibetan Buddhism and authentic Buddhist Lineage holders internationally.

May the Dharma continue to grow and spread and may all sentient beings have happiness and peace.

The 7th Dzogchen Rinpoche,
Jigme Losel Wangpo

http://dzogchen.org.in/

Return to “Nyingma”