Jamgon Ju Mipham transmissions?

AWrathfulSloth

Jamgon Ju Mipham transmissions?

Post by AWrathfulSloth » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm

So I'm interested in what teachers may be giving empowerments/lungs for Miphams works. It is incredibly difficult to sort through online searches with the Sakong Mipham coming up everywhere. Does anyone know if Mipham's Gesar works in particular are being transmitted by any teachers? Thanks in advance.

heart

Re: Jamgon Ju Mipham transmissions?

Post by heart » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm

AWrathfulSloth wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm
So I'm interested in what teachers may be giving empowerments/lungs for Miphams works. It is incredibly difficult to sort through online searches with the Sakong Mipham coming up everywhere. Does anyone know if Mipham's Gesar works in particular are being transmitted by any teachers? Thanks in advance.
I think it is a pretty widespread transmission in the Nyingma, Mipham's influence is big.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 pm

So what I think Heart/Magnus is saying is that, because Mipham's works are so widely disseminated among Nyingma Lamas, don't just wait till you see a notice for someone transmitting these but go to your local Nyingma Lama and ask for what you are looking for. It's likely they have it, especially if they come from eastern Tibet. If they think you're ready to practice what you're asking for, it shouldn't be a problem to receive that. I've asked a number of Nyingma Lamas for this and that from Mipham and I've yet to be turned down.

That being said, be prepared to offer the standard short mandala and the standard request to turn the wheel of Dharma. Accompany this with a new, good quality khatag and the usual white envelope.

Good luck & best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

AWrathfulSloth

Post by AWrathfulSloth » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 am

Hey thanks for the responses. :twothumbsup:

I have exactly zero experience in requesting teachings so we'll see what happens.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 am

Certainly Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche gives Gesar
transmissions from Mipham Rinpoche... they (PBC) have a whole book of Mipham Gesar practices they translated.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 am

Indeed, Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal holds many, if not all, of Mipham's transmissions. In addition to Gesar, I know for sure he has given the short and medium length Manjushri, Vajrapani, White Tara, and others, and of course the reading transmission for Shower of Blessings.

Return to “Nyingma”