Three Dharmapala of Dudjom Tersar

Grigoris
Former staff member

Three Dharmapala of Dudjom Tersar

Post by Grigoris »

Is there a specific empowerment that includes the three Dharmapala of the Dudjo Tersar: Ekadzati (Ralchigma), Rahula and Dorje Lekpa?

Or is it that each one is received sperately?

Is there even a specific empowerment for the worldly protector Rahula, or is he given as part of a particular Yidam/Dharmapala mandala?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Re: Three Dharmapala of Dudjom Tersar

Post by Malcolm »

Grigoris wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm Is there a specific empowerment that includes the three Dharmapala of the Dudjo Tersar: Ekadzati (Ralchigma), Rahula and Dorje Lekpa?

Or is it that each one is received sperately?

Is there even a specific empowerment for the worldly protector Rahula, or is he given as part of a particular Yidam/Dharmapala mandala?
Rahula is not a worldly protector. He is a "wisdom" protector. Ekajati, Rahula, and Dorje Lekpa can be practiced as yidams, provided one has the empowerment for this.

There are many different empowerments for all three of these deities. The standard one is the seven protector empowerment by Longchenpa found in the Rinchen Terzod.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pmRahula is not a worldly protector. He is a "wisdom" protector.
Ah, okay. Up until now every description that I have read...
The standard one is the seven protector empowerment by Longchenpa found in the Rinchen Terzod.
Perfect. Thank you.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

In the Dudjom Tersar, I believe there is an "entrustment" for Damchen Chitor, not an "empowerment." At least that's what Lama Dawa said when He was giving it. I've also received a number of Dudjom Tersar Protector practices, especially Ma Ekadzati, from Loppon Orgyen Tenzin (at Enrico's in Austria), and, if I remember correctly, these were simply bestowed as lungs.

Just checked my empowerment file and the one's vbestowed by LOTR were all lungs.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

pemachophel wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm In the Dudjom Tersar, I believe there is an "entrustment" for Damchen Chitor, not an "empowerment." At least that's what Lama Dawa said when He was giving it. I've also received a number of Dudjom Tersar Protector practices, especially Ma Ekadzati, from Loppon Orgyen Tenzin (at Enrico's in Austria), and, if I remember correctly, these were simply bestowed as lungs.

Just checked my empowerment file and the one's vbestowed by LOTR were all lungs.
A srog gtad is a kind of empowerment.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Malcolm wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 pm
pemachophel wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm In the Dudjom Tersar, I believe there is an "entrustment" for Damchen Chitor, not an "empowerment." At least that's what Lama Dawa said when He was giving it. I've also received a number of Dudjom Tersar Protector practices, especially Ma Ekadzati, from Loppon Orgyen Tenzin (at Enrico's in Austria), and, if I remember correctly, these were simply bestowed as lungs.

A srog gtad is a kind of empowerment.
with serious commitments.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “Nyingma”