Rinchen Terzod & Dudjom Tersar indexes

Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Rinchen Terzod & Dudjom Tersar indexes

Post by Adamantine »

username wrote:. In Dudjom Rinpoche's letter Chatral was named his vajra regent and mandala center and the letter was not that long before his death.
So then if you know the details what is the date on the letter? I'd like to understand the roots of these various accounts, I am only interested in truth.. if you have evidence that I am mistaken I would love to see it, or at the very least know the source.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
username

Post by username »

Dudjom Rinpoche asked Chatral Rinpoche to remain and train his main reincarnation and meanwhile till he is ready again, be his regent. Once the main reincarnation was calimed to be found in Tibet by Taro Lhamo Khandro, people approached Chatral Rinpoche for clarification. The all seeing protector of the world, Chatral Rinpoche said he will not announce anything until he has consulted the wisdom mind of Dungsey Thinley Norbu. Dungsey Thinley Norbu confirmed and Chatral Rinpoche finally announced the rebirth of his friend.

Dudjom Rinpoche's letter about his student and also as he called him in public and even written prayers to, as one of his main teachers known as Chatral Rinpoche who is Heruka in person as prophesied by name and deeds in old terma and the mind emanation of Guru Rinpoche himself:

"To all endowed with sentience — beings large and small — who live and circle within the realms of existence; at this time the Awareness-Holder Trogyal Dorje (Chatral Rinpoche) has received from me the oral lineage instructions of the profound teaching — heart-blood of the dakinis.

I have entrusted him with the lineage of the meaning, empowered him as the person to act as my Regent to guide beings, and encouraged him to impartially steer the ship of disciples to the path of freedom.

Therefore, any gods, demons or humans who help Trogyal Dorje in an appropriate manner will naturally gain benefit and happiness in this and future lifetimes. However, if even the slightest thoughts or acts of wrongful animosity toward him should arise, the armies of imperious guardians of the doctrine — endowed with wrathful power and eyes of wisdom — will come to his assistance.

They will most certainly sever the life force of beings that have form or block the senses of those without form and banish their name that remains. Where there is a chance of such profit or loss, be extremely careful!"
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

That is all very wonderful but what does it have to do with the actual date the letter was written?
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:
heart wrote: Thinley Norbu Rinpoche (Dudjom Rinpoche son) and his sons Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche and Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche, Chatral Rinpoche and many others.

/magnus
You make it sound like Shenpen Dawa RInpoche is Thinley Norbu Rinpoche's son but Shenpen Dawa RInpoche is the younger son of HH Dudjom RInpoche, --the son he had with his second wife/consort Sangyum Kusho la. So Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche and Thinley Norbu RInpoche are half-brothers. My understanding is that towards the end of his life HH Dudjom RInpoche made Shenpen Dawa RInpoche his regent-- which is why he is the head of all of the official centers that his father established in the U.S. and Europe. Thinley Norbu Rinpoche of course holds the lineage in that he can transmit the full cycles of Dudjom as can his own sons Dzogsar Khyentse Rinpoche and Garab Dorje Rinpoche. And Chatral Rinpoche of course.

Then yes, there are the Dudjom Yangsis, from Tibet and Bhutan respectively. And yes there are many great Lamas and Rinpoches that are empowered to transmit Dudjom tersar wangs but it is hard to know how many hold the entire cycles. Lama Dawa Chodaak Rinpoche and Lama Tharchin probably in the west, Bhaka Tulku Rinpoche and Tulku Pema Wangyal perhaps.. but there must be quite a few more in India, Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet whom I am not familiar with.
Sorry, my mistake.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

ngodrup wrote:" So I ask more to satisfy my curiosity.
If the mater were really so cut and dried, then why did Gyatrul Rinpoche not simply step aside?
I think that is a question to ask Gyatrul Rinpoche, perhaps it is because he founded the center himself according to the website.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

vajraheart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:
I meant I will ask/find out more Lamas that can give the wangs/transmissions in India / Nepal / Bhutan. Not that I would ask about Trulshik Rinpoche-- it is certain that he carries these. He is very old and very busy though, so it may be hard to make a specific request, --if he is offering the wangs already though that is another matter. You recently missed Thinley Norbu Rinpoche in Pharping Nepal giving the entire Dudjom cycle. Within this year hopefully the Tibetan Dudjom Yangsi will return from his three-year retreat from Tibet and then possibly offer wangs once again. He would be another ideal. I have no idea why you would not receive from Garab Dorje Rinpoche?
I see , thank you . Who I decide to take it from is a personal decision, I have nothing against Garab Dorje per se, just not interested in having him as a Tsawai Lama. I understand that it would be nearly impossible to get it from Trulshik Rinpoche, let alone any lengthy time with him. If you could look into whos giving it out here, that would great, thank you.
It also occurred to me that Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche would have the transmissions for some of the Dudjom tersar, perhaps not all.

Another one who is mostly in Nepal, which is not far from you-- and is a special Lama is Pema Riksal Rinpoche. You can read his Bio here http://www.namkhyung.org/?id=15 He received transmissions and wangs directly from HH Dudjom RInpoche but he also holds a special lineal descent of the Dudjom ter through Namkha Khyung Dzong which was the ngakpa lineage descending from Dudjom Lingpa through his rainbow-body disciple Delgyal Rinpoche. Pema Riksal RInpoche is the son of the second Delgyal Rinpoche.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote:
It also occurred to me that Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche would have the transmissions for some of the Dudjom tersar, perhaps not all.

He received the whole kit and kaboodle i.e. he is a DT lineage holder. He himself emphasizes the practice of Putri Repung as being important based on a personal communication.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Namdrol wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

He received the whole kit and kaboodle i.e. he is a DT lineage holder. He himself emphasizes the practice of Putri Repung as being important based on a personal communication.
Great, thanks.. then he would be a great option for Vajraheart. .
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Namdrol wrote: But when the whole Dudjom tersar is given, and not merely Dudjom Tersar i.e. Dudjom Rinpoche's pure vision cycles, it also includes the transmissions from Duddul Dorje, Dudjom Lingpa, and Dudjom RInpoche.

And then what about the ter of Dzongter Kunzang Nyima,Dudjom Lingpa's speech emanation? His son Tulku Theglo came to the U.S. a few years back and gave transmissions of his father's terma along with Dudjom Lingpa's, which seems like it's own version of the "whole Dudjom tersar" being given.. but yet this and Dudjom Rinpoche's are not given together.. I wonder if this may happen in the future, perhaps it is only a rare person like Gyatrul Rinpoche who holds all of these transmissions.
vajraheart

Post by vajraheart »

The fact that Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche holds it is good, I doubt I'd be able to receive the entire thing from him from what I've been told, he gives things in small bits , checks carefully on the student before giving more . Which is excellent.

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche is one my own teachers teacher, so I'm feeling more confident that my teacher may hold it. Again, I'll get clarification from my teacher when he returns about this , ty .
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Adamantine wrote: And then what about the ter of Dzongter Kunzang Nyima... this and Dudjom Rinpoche's are not given together.. I wonder if this may happen in the future, perhaps it is only a rare person like Gyatrul Rinpoche who holds all of these transmissions.
Since the Kunzang Nyima wangchen was given at Khenpo Namdrol Rinpoche's Palri Pema Od Ling in Austin, I bet he received it all... If so, he probably also holds the Dudjom Tersar. Also, Lama Chonam Wazi received all of both at Tashi Choling two or three yrs ago and since lately he's really started teaching more and more, I wonder if some day he'll begin giving empowerments. Or even Sangye Khandro. Hard to say on those last two though, as humble and unassuming as they are. But maybe they'll eventually be pushed into it by either Gyatrul Rinpoche or Trinley Norbu Rinpoche lol. Oh and I'm pretty sure Gyatrul Rinpoche's nephew Lama Drimed received all of both cycles down at Orgyen Dorje Den, and maybe he'll eventually take on the role of vajra master.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Adamantine wrote: And then what about the ter of Dzongter Kunzang Nyima... this and Dudjom Rinpoche's are not given together.. I wonder if this may happen in the future, perhaps it is only a rare person like Gyatrul Rinpoche who holds all of these transmissions.
Since the Kunzang Nyima wangchen was given at Khenpo Namdrol Rinpoche's Palri Pema Od Ling in Austin, I bet he received it all... If so, he probably also holds the Dudjom Tersar. Also, Lama Chonam Wazi received all of both at Tashi Choling two or three yrs ago and since lately he's really started teaching more and more, I wonder if some day he'll begin giving empowerments. Or even Sangye Khandro. Hard to say on those last two though, as humble and unassuming as they are. But maybe they'll eventually be pushed into it by either Gyatrul Rinpoche or Trinley Norbu Rinpoche lol. Oh and I'm pretty sure Gyatrul Rinpoche's nephew Lama Drimed received all of both cycles down at Orgyen Dorje Den, and maybe he'll eventually take on the role of vajra master.
Well it'll be interesting to see what happens.. I believe Tulku Theglo Rinpoche was
plannng to return again soon too, but perhaps that's dependent on permissions
from the respective governments.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Namdrol wrote:
vajraheart wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know if the Dudjom Tersar is contained in the Rinchen Terzod ?
Also looking for the complete indexes of both.

Thank you,
Sumir
No -- Dudjom Tersar is not in Rinchen Terzö. The complete indexs to both can be found at tbrc.org in the nyingma section

http://www.tbrc.org/#library_work-O3JW110253JW11050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Namdrol I had a hard time locating the Dudjom tersar index in the tbrc website.. where did you find it? I looked under *topics*, then *genres* and within that the *terma revelation* section: but Dudjom Lingpa and Dudjom Rinpoche are not listed there. The Termas they list are
Treasure Cycles of Khyentse Wangpo
Treasure Cycles of Chogyur Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Jatson Nyingpo
Treasure Cycles of Jigme Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Godem Truchen
Treasure Cycles of Dudul Dorje
Treasure Cycles of Guru Chowang
Treasure Cycles of Terdag Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Padma Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Changchub Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Ratna Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Samten Lingpa
Treasure Cycles of Mingyur Dorje (gnam chos)
Treasure Cycles of Mingyur Dorje (yongs dge)
Treasure Cycles of Chokyi Lodro
Treasure Cycles of Rolpay Dorje
Treasure Cycle of Karma Lingpa

and under Further Treasure Cycles:

dge 'dun 'du zhing mthun pa'i 'khor lo (gnam chos)
pad+ma snying thig
rdor sems snying thig
mkha' 'gro snying thig
rdor sems snying thig
yang ti nag po gser gyi 'bru gcig
grol thig dgongs pa rang grol
smin gling rdor sems
bla ma rig 'dzin yongs 'dus (mnga' ris paN chen)
thugs rje chen po 'gro ba kun grol (byang gter)
dgongs pa zang thal
rdo rje phag mo gsang sgrub (byang gter)
karma gu ru (bkra shis stobs rgyal)
lcags sdong ma tshar lugs
gsang bdag (lho gter lugs)
gu ru sgrub thabs yon tan gter mdzod
klong gsal mkha' 'gro snying thig (pad+ma bde chen gling pa)
bla ma rig 'dzin yongs 'dus (mnga' ris paN chen)
zab lam thugs kyi nor bu (chos rje gling pa)
bla ma dgongs 'dus (sangs rgyas gling pa)
bla ma drag po ye shes rab 'bar (klong gsal snying po)
klong snying yang gsang bla sgrub thig le'i rgya can
thugs sgrub bde gshegs 'dus pa (stag lung sangs rgyas dbon)
pad+ma'i gsang thig dgongs 'dus (sangs rgyas dbang 'dus)
rdo rje phur pa spu gri reg gcod (gar dbang rdo rje)
rta phag (chos rgyal ngag gi dbang po'i dgongs gter)
gsang thig snying po'i skor ('jam mgon kong sprul)
bla ma bka' 'dus rin chen gter spungs (rdo rje gling pa)
glang po stobs bskyed (gter ston sum tshogs)
gtum po nA ga rak+sha (skyid grong chos mdzad)
bka' brgyad bde gshegs 'dus pa (nyang ral nyi ma 'od zer)
'chi med rtsa gsum dril sgrub (chos rje gling pa)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote:
Namdrol I had a hard time locating the Dudjom tersar index in the tbrc website..

Dudjom Rinpoche's collected works including tersar (Dudjom III):
http://tbrc.org/link?RID=W20869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dudjom Lingpa's collected termas (Dudjom II):
http://tbrc.org/link?RID=W28732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rigzin Duddul Dorje's collected termas (Dudjom I)
http://www.tbrc.org/#library_work_Object-W22123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Namdrol wrote:
Adamantine wrote:
Namdrol I had a hard time locating the Dudjom tersar index in the tbrc website..

Dudjom Rinpoche's collected works including tersar (Dudjom III):
http://tbrc.org/link?RID=W20869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dudjom Lingpa's collected termas (Dudjom II):
http://tbrc.org/link?RID=W28732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rigzin Duddul Dorje's collected termas (Dudjom I)
http://www.tbrc.org/#library_work_Object-W22123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks!
Yontan

Post by Yontan »

Khenchen Palden and Khenpo Tsewang have actively promoted Dudjom Tersar. How many times has the entire tersar been transmitted here in the U.S.?
Among their centers' main practices are Dudjom's Green Tara and Vajrasattva, they've given the wang/lung/tri for both Khandro Thugtik and Tsokye Dorje numerous times, held retreats using the Richo, etc.
No, their mission has never been to uphold Dudjom's lineage exclusively, but his teachings are very much a feature of their mandala and when Khenpo Tsewang talks of him, you can tell how strong the connection is. However, with the obvious success transmitting DT it only makes sense that they spend as much effort as they do establishing Tsasum Lingpa's terma.
Khenchen received the entire DT from Dudjom Rinpoche, but also held Chogyur Lingpa's entire cycle, Chetsun Nyingthig, Longchen Nyingthig, Nyingthig Yabshi and others.

"I would say that Khenpo Ashe is my root lama, but I have many root lamas, like H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche, and others." - Khenchen Palden
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Hey Vajraheart,

Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but Katok Getse Rinpoche spent many years with Dudjom Lingpa's grandson Tulku Nyila and received the whole Tersar from him and Getse Rinpoche is based in Nepal, so that might be something to look into. He is seriously an amazing lama. I'm really not one to be all goo goo gaga over a lama on the strength of his important title or impressive reputation - this lama is absolutely the real deal.
username

Post by username »

Didn't want to say it before, but he probably just found out his root guru like numerous Nyingma/Kagyu lamas years ago received the whole shebang from Dudjom Rinpoche himself and is probably practicing it. :smile:
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

username wrote:Didn't want to say it before, but he probably just found out his root guru like numerous Nyingma/Kagyu lamas years ago received the whole shebang from Dudjom Rinpoche himself and is probably practicing it. :smile:
That would be awesome! Let's hope so!
Pawel Mikyo Dorje

Post by Pawel Mikyo Dorje »

Hello,
I'm looking for a teacher/Rinpoche who is a lineage holder of Dudjom Tersar in Europe, please. Thank you all a lot.
Regards,
Mikyo Dorje

Return to “Nyingma”