Please explain this photo to me

amanitamusc

Re: Please explain this photo to me

Post by amanitamusc »

Ogaf wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:53 am Hey Dharma Wheel folks,

It has been some years since this thread was active, but I thought to bring about its resurrection as I'm looking for information on Khenchen Lama Pelgyeypa Dorje Rinpoche.

While there is the Awam Institute website and the translations of his compositions on Erick Tsiknopoulos' site, Khenchen Lama's blog, website for his centre in North Wales and his Facebook profile have disappeared. He does have a Facebook page - and is currently touring asia - but there is little more related to him.

According to his bio he was a student of Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche, studying at Serta for 10 years.I find it curious though, that he has the title of Khenchen, yet other Serta graduates such as Khenpo Sodargye and Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro, do not.

O
So, if you have any experiences with him or information, please do share!

I have taken many teachings and empowerments from Khenchen Lama in Tucson with
good results.Sorry i missed when you first posted.All of his teachings i went to
were free of charge.
This empowerment had the same price.Free.
http://palyul.eu/uk/khenchen-lama-rinpo ... powerment/ :thumbsup:
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

amanitamusc wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

It has been some years since this thread was active, but I thought to bring about its resurrection as I'm looking for information on Khenchen Lama Pelgyeypa Dorje Rinpoche.

While there is the Awam Institute website and the translations of his compositions on Erick Tsiknopoulos' site, Khenchen Lama's blog, website for his centre in North Wales and his Facebook profile have disappeared. He does have a Facebook page - and is currently touring asia - but there is little more related to him.

According to his bio he was a student of Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche, studying at Serta for 10 years.I find it curious though, that he has the title of Khenchen, yet other Serta graduates such as Khenpo Sodargye and Khenpo Tsultrim Lodro, do not.

O

good results.Sorry i missed when you first posted.All of his teachings i went to
were free of charge.
He is actually claiming to be a tertön. That is pretty cool if he is indeed the real deal.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

mandog wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

O

were free of charge.
He is actually claiming to be a tertön. That is pretty cool if he is indeed the real deal.
Yes he was recognized as Nubchen Sangye Yeshe.
Here is a post from a
Western Lama that is regarded very highly on this board.
by pemachophel » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:19 amhttps://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=5113
IMO, they are for real. I went down there a couple of years ago to receive Rig-pai Sal Wang and the Cho Ying Dzod from Khenchen Paljepa Dorje. As a bonus, I received Khenpo Jig-phung's Two-armed Vajrakilaya. Everything I perceived and received was on the up and up as far as I'm concerned. Lovely, sincere people and authentic lineages. I recently did the accomplishment of the Vajrakilaya sadhana and definitely got some ngo-drub. So for me, the proof is in the pudding. So, if you feel drawn to studying with these people, go for it. I'd love to be at the upcoming Guhygarbha wangs and teachings but I'll be in retreat elsewhere.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Here is Rinpoche's Bio.
Since early childhood Khenchen Lama Rinpoche displayed unusual compassion and inclination towards meditation. At the age of three, the head of Nyigma lineage - His Holiness Sera Yangtul Rinpoche recognized Khenchen Rinpoche as a reincarnation of Padma Dagnag Lingpa - a high Rinpoche of Nyigma lineage. Padma Dagnag Lingpa was a reincarnation of Nupchen Sangye Yeshe, one of the five closest disciples of Padmasambhava and the founder of the yogi lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. H.H. Sera Yantul Rinpoche also prophesized, that Khenchen Rinpoche would especially benefit students in Europe and the USA in this lifetime. Despite the pressures to take over abbot responsibilities at four monasteries at an early age, Khenchen Lama Rinpoche was encouraged by his mother to undergo rigorous study and practice. For 25 years he studied and practiced primarily Buddhist philosophy and meditation, but also logic, medicine, astrology, languages, grammar, lexiocography, dance, and drama. During this time his root teacher His Holiness Jigmed Phuntsok Rinpoche provided him with teachings and instructions over a period of ten years. After receiving his Khenpo and Khenchen titles, Khenchen Lama taught debate, astrology, sutra and tantra at many different monasteries and centers in Nepal, India, Malaysia, Singapore, China and the United States. The main focus of his teachings is on Dzogchen and the Six Bardos - especially dream yoga. He would also like to build a retreat center for yogis in Tibet in the future. He authored three books on sutra and tantra, and wrote a book of songs.

[Topic locked 2023 to avoid necroposting]

Return to “Nyingma”