Tilopa

Post Reply
User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:55 am

I'm quite attracted to Tilopa, the manner in which he received teachings and then transmitted.

Are there any Tilopa practices like a Guru Yoga?
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Tlalok
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Tlalok » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:46 pm

HH Phakchok Rinpoche recently visited Canada and gave an empowerment of the 84 Mahasiddhas, which of course includes Tilopa (as well as my favorite, Kukurippa). He said that he often gives that empowerment so you may be able to catch him on his travels.

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:21 am

Thank-you I will look into it!!
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Sonam Wangchug
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Crazywisdom » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm

The tradition of Guru Yoga in Tilopa’s system is to visualize your guru in the form of Vajradhara as the embodiment of all Buddhas. It’s called Dharmakaya Guru Buddha.
I got my Chili Chilaya.

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

mandog
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by mandog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
I do not know, but he speaks perfect English.

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Last edited by Empty Desire on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 pm



Zurmang Gharwang on Compassion
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Jangchup Donden
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Jangchup Donden » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:55 am

mandog wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 pm
Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
I do not know, but he speaks perfect English.
He just gave a teaching at Kunzang Palchen Ling at the beginning of September:

https://www.kunzang.org/zurmang-gharwan ... -sept-2-3/

This was my first time being able to see him, but he's taught at KPL a number of times in the past.

His English was wonderful and he even came prepared with powerpoint slides! Definitely an interesting teacher. :)

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Tom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 am

Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
Rinpoche will be back in the States in late January. Teachings will be announced here: zurmangkagyu.org

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 am

Tom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 am
Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Garchen Rinpoche regularly teaches Tilopa's Ganges Mahamudra .. Would deepen the connection I imagine.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
Rinpoche will be back in the States in late January. Teachings will be announced here: zurmangkagyu.org
Any plans for the UK?
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 am

Image

Here's some Tilopa to share anyway.

It amazes me how all this originated from Vajradhara Buddha.
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Tom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Empty Desire wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 am
Tom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 am
Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm


Ganges Mahamudra is a port of call when the time is upon me.

Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche looks impressive, does he have many disciples in the West?
Rinpoche will be back in the States in late January. Teachings will be announced here: zurmangkagyu.org
Any plans for the UK?
There are no plans to go to the UK in the next year.

User avatar
Tlalok
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: Tilopa

Post by Tlalok » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche is considered a rebirth of Tilopa. So perhaps the Zurmang kagyu has some related practices.
I had the pleasure of seeing Zurmang Gharwang teach on the Seven Point Mind Training Lojong text when he visited Canada last year. He speaks excellent English, has an immense understanding of Dharma and has excellent comedic timing. He's a great dude, I just wish he visited Canada more often!

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Tilopa

Post by Empty Desire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Tom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm
Empty Desire wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 am
Tom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 am


Rinpoche will be back in the States in late January. Teachings will be announced here: zurmangkagyu.org
Any plans for the UK?
There are no plans to go to the UK in the next year.
Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for any live webcasts then.
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

Post Reply

Return to “Kagyu”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests