Forceful conversion of Drukpa monasteries to Karma Kagyu

honestdboy

Re: Forceful conversion of Drukpa monasteries to Karma Kagyu

Post by honestdboy »

Helen strikes again with words belying a serious toupee phobia. :rolleye:

lelopa

Post by lelopa »

honestdboy wrote:Helen strikes again with words belying a serious toupee phobia. :rolleye:
i think for helen it is more a question about the motivation: why should i (he, you, they) wear a toupet?
is it for putting it my ego high, or low?!?
हूं हूं हूं
फट् फट् फट्

emaho

Post by emaho »

Helen Lhamo wrote:But if someone is throwing a stick I think it is fair to look at the thrower.
He isn't "throwing a stick". He's informing the public about the fact that monasteries which belong to his lineage are being forcefully converted. The forceful conversion of his monasteries is an act of aggression, informing the public about it is not. Stop twisting the facts.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen

Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

philji wrote:Good to see that Karma Kagyu and Drukpa relationships have not completely broken down.
HH Karmapa teaching at the nunnery of Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo, from Drukpa Kagyu.
http://kagyuoffice.org/webcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not sure that the Khampagar Monastery Lamas and Tokdens see the Gyalwang Drukpa as their boss anyway. It is my impression that they have stronger relationship with His Holiness Karmapa and certain Nyingma lineages.

philji

Post by philji »

Dhondrub wrote:
philji wrote:Good to see that Karma Kagyu and Drukpa relationships have not completely broken down.
http://kagyuoffice.org/webcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not sure that the Khampagar Monastery Lamas and Tokdens see the Gyalwang Drukpa as their boss anyway. It is my impression that they have stronger relationship with His Holiness Karmapa and certain Nyingma lineages.
I think Tenzin Palmo holds the Gyalwang Drukpa in high regard, wasn't it him who gave her the title Jetsunma. Also Khamtrul Rinpoche is based in Tashi Jong isn't he, so I would have thought a pretty strong connection to Gyalwa Drukpa....

Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

philji wrote:
Dhondrub wrote:
http://kagyuoffice.org/webcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think Tenzin Palmo holds the Gyalwang Drukpa in high regard, wasn't it him who gave her the title Jetsunma. Also Khamtrul Rinpoche is based in Tashi Jong isn't he, so I would have thought a pretty strong connection to Gyalwa Drukpa....
Yes, I think she does. Drukchen Rinpoche also gave her the title, as you mentioned. As for Khamtrul Rinpoche, there are two of them

This one from Tashi Jong http://togdens.net/pictures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; https://www.facebook.com/Gyalwa.Dokhamp ... l.Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this one https://www.gyalwadokhampa.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Helen Lhamo wrote:
It's not clear how your perception of the Gyalwang Drukpa's activities with celebrities, or his sartorial choices, are relevant to the discussion. Or, for that matter, how the current Monlam is, either.
But if someone is throwing a stick I think it is fair to look at the thrower. How can he wear robes and a toupee? Why did raise this issue at the same time that the Chinese govt was ratcheting up the Himalayan border dispute? How do we know who the real Chinese agent is? Maybe the Chinese are looking to weaken the popularity of the Karmapa and place the Gyalwang Drukpa in charge of Ladhak and Himalayan border area? How do we know there isn't some other plan behind appearances? I don't trust the thrower. I don't trust his motivations. And I don't know for certain that the Gyalwang Drukpa isn't the real Chinese govt spy is all this.
Hi Helen,

In this post, you rush directly from speculations on hairpieces (who cares?) to speculations on international espionage, with no evidence to support your implications beyond "how do we know he isn't?" That's very weak reasoning.

I think we're better off giving all sides under discussion here the benefit of the doubt until we get some facts. You take your karma in your own hands when you throw speculations around.

**and before anyone asks: no, my hair is all natural, so there's no reason to suspect I'm a spy for the PRC.**

philji

Post by philji »

I did not know there were two Khamtrul Rinpoche's. So which one is connected to Tenzin Palmo???

lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Jikan wrote:

**and before anyone asks: no, my hair is all natural, so there's no reason to suspect I'm a spy for the PRC.**

:lol:
हूं हूं हूं
फट् फट् फट्

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

At this point, we've reached an impasse: until further knowledge emerges, all we have is speculation and gossip, which isn't helpful. So I'm locking this thread unless and until some further information emerges. Thank you for your understanding.

Please contact an admin or moderator if you have any questions about this.

Return to “Kagyu”