red lion of speech Manjushri sadhana

TrimePema

red lion of speech Manjushri sadhana

Post by TrimePema » Sun May 03, 2015 8:58 am

HHK gave the empowerment for red lion of speech Manjushri in New Jersey recently. I was only able to attend via webcast and am wondering if there is a sadhana available for this practice. I have not found one in my searches.

Dhondrub

Re: red lion of speech Manjushri sadhana

Post by Dhondrub » Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 am

TrimePema

Post by TrimePema » Fri May 08, 2015 4:43 am

I find that commentary quite helpful but the specific form of Manjushri that was given was red in color not orange.

Terma

Post by Terma » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 am

TrimePema wrote:I find that commentary quite helpful but the specific form of Manjushri that was given was red in color not orange.
This is in fact a commentary for this particular form of Manjushri, although I don't know why it says "Orange". Otherwise, it is a pretty comprehensive commentary. If you combine it with this more "pithy" instructions, then you should be set!

http://www.nalandainstitute.org/pdfs/gu ... entary.pdf

Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I suppose orange is more accurate than red. The Bardor Tulku Rinpoche from nalanda institute teaching says saffron colour which is rather orange than red.

Terma

Post by Terma » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Dhondrub wrote:I suppose orange is more accurate than red. The Bardor Tulku Rinpoche from nalanda institute teaching says saffron colour which is rather orange than red.
However, the text clearly says "Red." The mystery continues...Lol.

TrimePema

Post by TrimePema » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Alright, thanks everyone!

Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Since you said that HH Gyalwang Karmapa gave the empowerment, the best place I know of to get the sadhana for that form of Manjushri is none other than the KTD bookstore website. The sadhana's cover refers to it simply as "A Short Manjushri Sadhana," but as you can see the title it's listed under online is the more specific title translated from the Tibetan original.

http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Manjushri_t ... /13429.htm

Many who know me are aware that I've spent a lot of time and effort tracking down any and all info on the form of Manjushri which is red and rides atop the lion as his mount. I can assure you that if that's the form of Manjushri you wish to practice the sadhana for, then this is exactly what you're looking for. This sadhana is pulled from the larger compilation of the Chikshe Kundröl, which was assembled by the 9th Karmapa, Wangchuk Dorje.

Personally, I'd go with the translation of Michele Martin which includes the original Tibetan text as well as the transliteration. If you want to know why the other source is problematic, PM me. I can also help you find images of this particular form if you'd like help, since I've done so much leg-work.

As always, make sure you get the reading transmission to ensure you have the blessing of the lineage.

Hope this helps you, OP.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Karma Senge

Post by Karma Senge » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Terma wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 am
TrimePema wrote:I find that commentary quite helpful but the specific form of Manjushri that was given was red in color not orange.
This is in fact a commentary for this particular form of Manjushri, although I don't know why it says "Orange". Otherwise, it is a pretty comprehensive commentary. If you combine it with this more "pithy" instructions, then you should be set!

http://www.nalandainstitute.org/pdfs/gu ... entary.pdf
Do you have an active link for this one?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 pm

It is red. You can find my translation of this sadhana at Light of Berotsana.

Karma Senge

Post by Karma Senge » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 am

That doesn't really answer my question...

I have a translation that says red-- I wanted to know, per my post, if anyone had access to that link I quoted.

Return to “Kagyu”