Garchen R. films live transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa

Lhasa

Garchen R. films live transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa

Post by Lhasa »

Garchen Rinpoche gives a deliberately recorded transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa.

I guess this answers our questions on if you can receive transmission from a recording.
:rolling:

video at this link.

https://www.facebook.com/garchen.tw?fref=nf

"
Hi all,
Rinpoche remembered that we forgo to answer one question yesterday: the request for a Dharmakaya Phowa lung/transmission. So Rinpoche asked me to film him with his response. Below is the translation including the video clip. Also, it does not include the Dharmakaya Phowa text that Rinpoche recites on the clip.

Dear dharma friends,

The other day we had so many questions that we forgot to answer the request for a transmission of the Dharmkaya Phowa. This is a very good request. What is the difference between the Dharmakaya, Samboghakaya and Nirmanakaya Phowa? Those who understand the view of non-duality, that self and others are not separate, can practice the Dharmakaya Phowa. The Dharmakaya Phowa is very powerful. Those who do not understand the non-duality of self and others should practice the Phowa of compassion - the Samboghakaya and Nirmanakaya Phowa. So those who perceive a duality of self and others, who think that we are separate from each other, should practice the Samboghakaya or Nirmanakaya Phowa - the Phowa of compassion. Those who understand that a duality of self and others does not exist within the mind, can practice the Dharmakaya Phowa. Because they have given rise to compassion, they have love; and because they have realized emptiness, they know that a duality of self and others does not exist. Therefore, they are able to destroy the self-grasping in the minds of others. This is the supreme Phowa. I will now recite the transmission. Anyone who has received the transmission can also pass it on to others.

Rinpoche recites the transmission…

For this practice, you only need to meditate within a state of non-duality, realizing that sentient beings are confused by the dualistic perception of self and others, where in reality such a duality does not exist. Through your meditative state of non-duality, many sentient beings become liberated, themselves realizing non-dual primordial awareness, and others give rise to love and compassion. Thus this practice is very beneficial. Now that I have given you the transmission, anyone is allowed to do this practice. The recitation for this practice was written by Nyagla Pema Dudul."

Greg

Re: Garchen R. films live transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa

Post by Greg »

If so, perhaps we could videotape all transmissions and there would no longer be any danger of any of them being lost.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

He's the third highest living Drikung lama, I'm going to take a wild guess he knows what he's doing.

He's set forth his position on this very carefully and clearly.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:He's the third highest living Drikung lama, I'm going to take a wild guess he knows what he's doing.

:twothumbsup: :namaste:
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Lhasa wrote:Garchen Rinpoche gives a deliberately recorded transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa.
The recitation for this practice was written by Nyagla Pema Dudul."

Fascinating and amazing, thanks for pointing out that transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa Garchen Rinpoche gave.

Thank you so much

;)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

T. Chokyi wrote:
Lhasa wrote:Garchen Rinpoche gives a deliberately recorded transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa.
The recitation for this practice was written by Nyagla Pema Dudul."

Fascinating and amazing, thanks for pointing out that transmission of Dharmakaya Phowa Garchen Rinpoche gave.

Thank you so much

;)
I love that little 'gotcha smirky smile at the end. I burst out laughing. :rolling:
Crane38

Post by Crane38 »

Hi.
I'm new to the forum
So i can listen to the recording and get the empowerment? Are there any requirements?

Thx
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Crane38 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:58 am Hi.
I'm new to the forum
So i can listen to the recording and get the empowerment? Are there any requirements?

Thx
Yes
No
Crane38

Post by Crane38 »

I should give an offering for the empowerment then?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Crane38 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:57 am I should give an offering for the empowerment then?
You can if you want to, but no one has asked for offerings from the live stream sangha, live or recorded. [email protected] can give you more info.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Lhasa wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:35 am

I guess this answers our questions on if you can receive transmission from a recording.

Is this still true?
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:31 pm He's the third highest living Drikung lama, I'm going to take a wild guess he knows what he's doing.

And according to HH the Drikung chetsang, of all of the tulkus within the Drikung kagyu he has the highest realization.

This can be found in the movie of the life of Garchen Rinpoche.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Crane38 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:57 am I should give an offering for the empowerment then?
You should offer a mandala. The highest offering is realizing the state of non-duality.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Which video is it?
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
florin

Post by florin »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:32 am Which video is it?

Here.
But the actual translation of the text it appears to be missing.
https://www.facebook.com/garchen.tw/vid ... 681183723/
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

http://www.ratnashri.se/Garchen_Phowa.htm#D_phowa

From that page,
Garchen Rinpoche Bestows Dharmakaya Phowa Transmission

Courtesy of Garchen Dharma Institute in Taiwan.

(watch the video for explanation and transmission in Tibetan) . Ina provided the translation below.

Dear Dharma friends,

The other day we had so many questions that we forgot to answer the request for a transmission of the Dharmkaya Phowa. This is a very good request. What is the difference between the Dharmakaya, Samboghakaya and Nirmanakaya Phowa? Those who understand the view of non-duality, that self and others are not separate, can practice the Dharmakaya Phowa. The Dharmakaya Phowa is very powerful. Those who do not understand the non-duality of self and others should practice the Phowa of compassion - the Samboghakaya and Nirmanakaya Phowa. So those who perceive a duality of self and others, who think that we are separate from each other, should practice the Samboghakaya or Nirmanakaya Phowa - the Phowa of compassion. Those who understand that a duality of self and others does not exist within the mind can practice the Dharmakaya Phowa. Because they have given rise to compassion, they have love; and because they have realized emptiness, they know that a duality of self and others does not exist. Therefore, they are able to destroy the self-grasping in the minds of others. This is the supreme Phowa. I will now recite the transmission. Anyone who has received the transmission can also pass it on to others.

Rinpoche recites the transmission…

ཨཱཿ སྐད་ཅིག་སྟོང་གསལ་ཟུང་འཇུག་ངང་ཉིད་ལས། །

a kechik tongsel zungjuk ngang nyi lé

A! In an instant, out of the state of the inseparable union of clarity and emptiness,

啊/給計 東薩 聳句 昂匿雷

啊!空明雙運境界剎那間,

etc...
As mentioned on that page, the text of Nyala Pema Dundul is nearly identically translated here: http://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-mas ... kaya-phowa

Additionally, a supporting image for the Dharmakaya Phowa designed by Garchen Rinpoche may be found here: http://garchen.tw/English/Designed_by_R ... r_the_Dead.

Return to “Kagyu”