Karmapa's Chenrezig lecture and empowerment video

Luke

Karmapa's Chenrezig lecture and empowerment video

Post by Luke »

I found this dharma talk by Karmapa Orgyen Trinley Dorje to be very interesting and full of useful information (although I don't have time to comment on the many interesting points in the video now).

phpBB [video]

I still don't know where my dharma path will lead, but right now, I am really enjoying watching the Karmapa's video lectures! :D

So I want to thank Karmapa OTD for making these videos and all those people who made these events and video recordings possible. :anjali:
Vasana

Re: Karmapa's Chenrezig lecture and empowerment video

Post by Vasana »

He's teaching in Europe a few times this month so you'll be able to watch live.

http://karmapafoundation.eu/visits/2016-visit/
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Luke

Post by Luke »

Vasana wrote:He's teaching in Europe a few times this month so you'll be able to watch live.

http://karmapafoundation.eu/visits/2016-visit/
Thanks. :namaste: I'll check it out if I am free on those days.
Kunga Dekyi

Post by Kunga Dekyi »

Thank you, Luke, For posting this talk and Chenrezig empowerment. It refreshed my practice and visualizations. Question: what merit do you feel is achieved through these teachings online? I know it is not the same as being in the presence of the Lama, but what is the potency of video in this age of technology? Any thoughts?
TADYATA OM BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE MAHA BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE RAJA SAMUDGATE SVAHA
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Kunga Dekyi wrote:Thank you, Luke, For posting this talk and Chenrezig empowerment. It refreshed my practice and visualizations. Question: what merit do you feel is achieved through these teachings online? I know it is not the same as being in the presence of the Lama, but what is the potency of video in this age of technology? Any thoughts?
I have the impression, an online course is just slighty less powerful than attending it in meatspace. But it is way more powerful and helpful than attending no of these events at all.
The reason, why people watch online events is because they have no opportunity to attend really. I don't asume there is anybody who prefers online to meatspace empowerments/courses. Isn't it?
Kunga Dekyi

Post by Kunga Dekyi »

True. I would loved to have been in the presence of the Karmapa La. Yet it was wonderful to imagine myself there while I am home-bound here recovering from surgery. Thank you again for posting it.
TADYATA OM BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE MAHA BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE RAJA SAMUDGATE SVAHA
Luke

Post by Luke »

Kunga Dekyi wrote:Thank you, Luke, For posting this talk and Chenrezig empowerment. It refreshed my practice and visualizations. Question: what merit do you feel is achieved through these teachings online? I know it is not the same as being in the presence of the Lama, but what is the potency of video in this age of technology? Any thoughts?
It's hard to quantify merit exactly, but basically, Tibetans believe that seeing the images of great lamas is a blessing, so watching the Karmapa's video lectures combines the blessing of his image with the merit of receiving a high-quality dharma teaching.

But I am the wrong guy to ask about things such as video empowerments. Our more knowledgeable members have debated such things in other threads, I believe. The only reason I posted this video was because I felt that other people could benefit from the useful information contained in the Karmapa's lecture and be inspired by seeing the Karmapa.
Kunga Dekyi

Post by Kunga Dekyi »

I certainly reaped benefit, Luke. Thank you. Presently I am watching the now abundant videos of great teachers and high lamas has given much comfort. When in the worst of the pain I would listen to and focus on teachings by HH Dalia Lama. I am attempting to use this little setback as a lesson in suffering; watching emotions, remembering impermanence, offering the pain for the benefit to others. Not always successful, but trying. The best part is that my practice has been renewed. Yours in Dharma - Kunga Dekyi

Return to “Kagyu”