Taiwanese Drikung teacher split from Drikung Order?

mahabuddha

Taiwanese Drikung teacher split from Drikung Order?

Post by mahabuddha »

Does anyone know why His Eminence Vajra Guru Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche split from the Drikung Kagyu Order worldwide? He is located in Taiwan.

http://www.gloje.org/en/

Thank you kindly,

Konchog
Last edited by mahabuddha on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: HE Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche split from Drikung Order?

Post by DGA »

I'm confused. Is there more than one Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche among Drikung Kagyu? I am familiar with this one...

https://garchen.net/drupon-rinchen-dorjee-rinpoche/

???
mahabuddha

Re: HE Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche split from Drikung Order?

Post by mahabuddha »

Yes they are different.

Drupon Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche is a yogi and amazing teacher that lives in Chicago!

HE Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche lives in Taiwan and I remember looking at his page and then just saw an announcement that is old...that he split from Drikung Worldwide Order. Just wondering if anyone knows why?

Thanks.
conebeckham

Re: Taiwanese Drikung teacher split from Drikung Order?

Post by conebeckham »

What does it mean to be a "root disciple?"
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Natan

Post by Natan »

mahabuddha wrote:Does anyone know why His Eminence Vajra Guru Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche split from the Drikung Kagyu Order worldwide? He is located in Taiwan.

http://www.gloje.org/en/

Thank you kindly,

Konchog
There are so many phony self appointed drikung tulkus and lamas from Taiwan. I think HH's office has been more vocal in Taiwan about calling out liars. So these guys need a new phony authority to prop up their sham.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

As far as I can tell, Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche is still on good terms with HH Drikung Chetsang, and has not left the Drinkung Kagyu order. I think the split is talking more about logistics, since Glorious Jewel appears to have been a major co-sponsor for Drikung events internationally. Now, I think they are saying they will no longer sponsor events outside of their own organisation.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Drikung Kagyu have a strong presence in Taiwan. So there's no logistic problem. He could participate in everything they do there. He's in his own bc he is...
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
mahabuddha

Post by mahabuddha »

I guess the "logistics" part makes sense, maybe they could word it a bit differently or maybe I just read it wrong.

-KSCD
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

jmlee369 wrote:As far as I can tell, Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche is still on good terms with HH Drikung Chetsang, and has not left the Drinkung Kagyu order. I think the split is talking more about logistics, since Glorious Jewel appears to have been a major co-sponsor for Drikung events internationally. Now, I think they are saying they will no longer sponsor events outside of their own organisation.
what is "Glorious Jewel"?
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Crazywisdom wrote:Drikung Kagyu have a strong presence in Taiwan. So there's no logistic problem. He could participate in everything they do there. He's in his own bc he is...
Well as far as I can tell, he is still on good terms with HH Drikung Chetsang, so it's hard to say that he's an inauthentic lama. Plus, what you mention is precisely the logistical problem I'm talking about, problems with money and power, because he definitely seems to have been a major sponsor in Drikung circles.
DGA wrote: what is "Glorious Jewel"?
Glorious Jewel is the organisation of the lama in question. They also seem to have a commercial branch that operates several businesses.

Return to “Kagyu”