Garchen Rinpoche's 2017 Teaching Schedule

dzogchungpa

Re: Garchen Rinpoche's 2017 Teaching Schedule

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 pm

conebeckham wrote: Image
You KNOW the dzogchung family will be there. :woohoo:

Also:

Last edited by dzogchungpa on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Miroku
Former staff member

Post by Miroku » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Lhasa wrote:email from: gar.choding.trust@gmail.com

Receiving the Blessings of Kyobpa Jigten Sumgön

Dear Friends,

Kyabjé Garchen Rinpoché has requested that, on this holy anniversary of Kyobpa Jigten Sumgön's mahāparinirvāna, this essential practice be made available to faithful ones: The Samādhi Empowerment. Lama Garchen Rinpoche has repeatedly encouraged disciples to practice this concise yoga of receiving the four empowerments, which was composed by Kyobpa Rinpoché himself. May it be auspicious!

With love and sincere best wishes,
Ari-ma

http://www.gartrust.org/uploads/4/4/7/5 ... _17.06.pdf
Does one need empowerment or lung to do this? Also what exactly is this practice?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Miroku wrote:
Lhasa wrote:email from: gar.choding.trust@gmail.com

Receiving the Blessings of Kyobpa Jigten Sumgön

Dear Friends,

Kyabjé Garchen Rinpoché has requested that, on this holy anniversary of Kyobpa Jigten Sumgön's mahāparinirvāna, this essential practice be made available to faithful ones: The Samādhi Empowerment. Lama Garchen Rinpoche has repeatedly encouraged disciples to practice this concise yoga of receiving the four empowerments, which was composed by Kyobpa Rinpoché himself. May it be auspicious!

With love and sincere best wishes,
Ari-ma

http://www.gartrust.org/uploads/4/4/7/5 ... _17.06.pdf
Does one need empowerment or lung to do this? Also what exactly is this practice?
In general, an HYT empowerment is needed for this! Otherwise you practice if your teacher advises you, which is the case if you consider HE Garchen Rinpoche as your teacher.

This is a Guru Yoga, by which you visualize your Guru as a deity (Chakrasamvara yab-yum) and receive the threeempowerments. The empowerments generate the seeds in order to you achieve the three kayas and a Buddha's body speech and mind, for your own benefit and that of others!
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Miroku
Former staff member

Post by Miroku » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: In general, an HYT empowerment is needed for this! Otherwise you practice if your teacher advises you, which is the case if you consider HE Garchen Rinpoche as your teacher.

This is a Guru Yoga, by which you visualize your Guru as a deity (Chakrasamvara yab-yum) and receive the threeempowerments. The empowerments generate the seeds in order to you achieve the three kayas and a Buddha's body speech and mind, for your own benefit and that of others!
Meaning any general HYT empowerment, or special for this? :)
Sooo sinceI do consider him to be my teacher, then I guess it is fine then. :D
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 am

Miroku wrote:
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: In general, an HYT empowerment is needed for this! Otherwise you practice if your teacher advises you, which is the case if you consider HE Garchen Rinpoche as your teacher.

Yes, preferably this one, but I believe any counts. In Kagyu, and Vajrayana in geral, whatever your teacher gives you permission to practice, you can practice!
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Miroku
Former staff member

Post by Miroku » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 am

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Miroku wrote:

Yes, preferably this one, but I believe any counts. In Kagyu, and Vajrayana in geral, whatever your teacher gives you permission to practice, you can practice!
Thank you. :twothumbsup:

LookingInside

Post by LookingInside » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Hello, I would like to accept H.E. Garchen Rinpoche as my Vajramaster. I tried contacting his organization recieved no response but am not sure how best to go about this. Any information would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask.
Thank you for your time.

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:15 am

LookingInside wrote:Hello, I would like to accept H.E. Garchen Rinpoche as my Vajramaster. I tried contacting his organization recieved no response but am not sure how best to go about this. Any information would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask.
Thank you for your time.
If they didn't respond to your email, then call them on the phone. It's a small staff, if you are referring to Garchen Buddhist Institute. Emails sometimes just get dropped. Try again. garchen.net is their website.

LookingInside

Post by LookingInside » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:10 am

Lhasa wrote:
LookingInside wrote:Hello, I would like to accept H.E. Garchen Rinpoche as my Vajramaster. I tried contacting his organization recieved no response but am not sure how best to go about this. Any information would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask.
Thank you for your time.
If they didn't respond to your email, then call them on the phone. It's a small staff, if you are referring to Garchen Buddhist Institute. Emails sometimes just get dropped. Try again. garchen.net is their website.
Ok, I'll do that, thank you.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:50 am

Thank you for your time.
The best is to go and see him in person.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

byamspa

Post by byamspa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

heart wrote:
Thank you for your time.
The best is to go and see him in person.

/magnus
It can be difficult to get interviews with him anymore. Last time i can remember that he gave them, GBI gave a few weeks notice max and one had to be in AZ.

I am grateful to the opportunities i've had to at least ask Rinpoche questions in a group format, and to connect to the lineage through empowerment and practise. I also keep some recordings of teachings i've attended on my phone and listen to them over and over. I swear each time i play the recording i hear something else, some other point i missed the last 15 times or so, lol.

You're best bet might be to attend a public teaching or wang of his in person. Might be just me, but i always feel they lose something over the streaming channels.
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:34 pm

This is a bit of a mystical answer. Watch the live-stream, open your heart and connect with Garchen Rinpoche's heart. Tune in. Watch him, he often goes into meditation while waiting for the translators to finish. His mind is already connected to you because you are there online. Tell him what you want, he will hear you.
He is extremely psychic and is very aware of the live-stream students.
You could also send him a registered letter that requires his signature, if you want to sneak past the gate-keepers who filter his emails. :lol:

Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Thank you for your time.
Honestly you might just consider resending your email, too. Sometimes they get a flood of them all at once and things fall through the cracks. This is more possible nowadays than in the past because they're operating basically on a skeleton crew with only like 4 staff there, and much of the time is spent minding the retreatants there and prepping for the events throughout the year.

However, i will say that relatively few people actually think to ask questions directly of Garchen Rinpoche via the main email for Garchen Institute, so this is an excellent way to try and get those questions answered if you're not local to Arizona. I've had several lingering questions answered this way, and absolutely swear by it.

Just make sure you ask in the most clear and concise way possible, as your questions would be relayed by Rinpoche's Taiwanese attendant to him during his breaks and daily walks. Ani Samten needs to translate your question(s) and his answers(s) before getting them back to the center so they can email the response out, which is why the more essentialized, the better. Be aware also that Rinpoche is currently on tour in Asia, so it might be a while before you hear back regardless. I believe he returns sometime around November.

Lastly, be aware that the most likely response you'll get is the same answer i got when asking the same question:
Garchen Rinpoche wrote:"Whether you are my student or not is up to you. I love all beings equally."
:heart: :heart: :heart:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

jkarlins

Post by jkarlins » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 pm

I've been seeing his live feed on my Facebook. Wonderful and also a little shocking, a little too intimate, like he's right there on my couch with me!

Return to “Kagyu”