Shabdrung/ Gyalwa Drukpa/ Bhutan royals

philji

Shabdrung/ Gyalwa Drukpa/ Bhutan royals

Post by philji »

I hope I have posted this in the right forum. Can anybody give me a quick overview of the ongoing conflict between the Shabdrung lineage and the Bhutan royal family and also whether this involves the Gyalwa Drukpa line of teachers also. Have searched online but still very confused about how and why this conflict exists.
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Shabdrung/ Gyalwa Drukpa/ Bhutan royals

Post by anjali »

Several off-topic posts removed.
philji

Post by philji »

anjali wrote:Several off-topic posts removed.
Thanks for removal of posts i could see it was going to go a different route from what was intended.
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

philji wrote:I hope I have posted this in the right forum. Can anybody give me a quick overview of the ongoing conflict between the Shabdrung lineage and the Bhutan royal family and also whether this involves the Gyalwa Drukpa line of teachers also. Have searched online but still very confused about how and why this conflict exists.
Gyalwa Drukpa should be rather out of the picture as far as Shabdrung of Bhutan is considered. Although drukpa but very different lineage in Tibet. Shabdrung is struggling with royals, since every tulku since last 100 years was simply killed. Wether they did it t the 9th Shabdrung this I do not know, but they tried to poison him when he was still young in India. Long befre he died. 10th is under house arrest in Thimpu.. some poeple associated with the child were thrown to prison years ago, but after one or two years were free. the 10th is still alive, not killed... but as long as he is in Bhutan anything may happen to him. Including small pox, which was deadly for some important lamas. I hope the boy will survive, Bhutan is changing anyway, so who knows.

Interestingly 4 wives of the previous king were from Shabdrungs family :D anyway their husband was very mean to Shabdrung. But the present king has blood of previous Shabdrung family :D..

Actually this all comes from mixing dharma with politics. So none of the last 5 Shabdrungs had any peace.... more or less terrible. And the royals of Bhutan. This family has a lot of blood on its hands. Specially the blood of Shabdrung. What a mass!
philji

Post by philji »

Matylda wrote:
philji wrote:I hope I have posted this in the right forum. Can anybody give me a quick overview of the ongoing conflict between the Shabdrung lineage and the Bhutan royal family and also whether this involves the Gyalwa Drukpa line of teachers also. Have searched online but still very confused about how and why this conflict exists.
Gyalwa Drukpa should be rather out of the picture as far as Shabdrung of Bhutan is considered. Although drukpa but very different lineage in Tibet. Shabdrung is struggling with royals, since every tulku since last 100 years was simply killed. Wether they did it t the (th Shabdrung I do not know, but thhey tried to poisen him when he was still young. Long befre he died. !)th is under house arrest in Thimpu.. some poeple associated with the child were thrown to prison years ago, but after one or two years were free.10th is still alive, not killed... but as long as he is in Bhuta anything may happen to him. Including small pox, which was deadly for some important lamas. I hope the boy will survive, Bhutan is changing anyway, so who knows.

Actually this all comes from mixing dharma with politics. So none of the last 5 Shabdrungs had any peace.... more or less terrible. And the royals of Bhutan. This family has a lot of blood on its hands. Specially the blood of Shabdrung. What a mass!
Thanks...as you say what a mess. The 10 th shabdrung is under house arrest? Is he a child still?
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

philji wrote:
Matylda wrote:
Gyalwa Drukpa should be rather out of the picture as far as Shabdrung of Bhutan is considered. Although drukpa but very different lineage in Tibet. Shabdrung is struggling with royals, since every tulku since last 100 years was simply killed. Wether they did it t the (th Shabdrung I do not know, but thhey tried to poisen him when he was still young. Long befre he died. !)th is under house arrest in Thimpu.. some poeple associated with the child were thrown to prison years ago, but after one or two years were free.10th is still alive, not killed... but as long as he is in Bhuta anything may happen to him. Including small pox, which was deadly for some important lamas. I hope the boy will survive, Bhutan is changing anyway, so who knows.

Thanks...as you say what a mess. The 10 th shabdrung is under house arrest? Is he a child still?
Should be 12.. last contact with him I had indirectly 2 y ago. He was fine.

Return to “Kagyu”