Queries regarding 5fold Mahamudra ngondro of garchen Rinpoche

Ogaf

Queries regarding 5fold Mahamudra ngondro of garchen Rinpoche

Post by Ogaf » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi all, I am looking to start doing the Fivefold Mahamudra ngondro recently composed by Garchen Rinpoche. Does anyone know if the recording of the lung found here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AxAjmxOtMQ) is enough to get started, or must I receive it live?
Also, are there any videos or documents of his teachings regarding this specific ngondro available?
In the above video he makes it clear that anyone who has received the lung can pass it on, therefore would anyone be willing to do so if the recording does not suffice, please?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

Miroku

Re: Queries regarding 5fold Mahamudra ngondro of garchen Rinpoche

Post by Miroku » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:00 pm

I do not think recording is enough. I do have the lung tho, and also the text. I think there are no teachings to that ngöndro available yet. But I guess it is the same like the old drikung ngöndro. If you do not find anything you can pm me and we can try to do sth with it.

You can always email garchen institute for more info.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

anjali
Global Moderator

Re: Queries regarding 5fold Mahamudra ngondro of garchen Rinpoche

Post by anjali » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Garchen Rinpoche's The Excellent Path to Enlightenment: A Practice of the Preliminaries of the Fivefold Mahamudra is posted on the Drikung Seattle website: http://www.drikungseattle.org/uploads/5 ... g_chn_.pdf. As recommended by Miroku, you should contact Garchen Institute about practice requirements.